Chapter Approved 2019 - Speculation

Grimdark_Garage

Reading the legenss rules for the Red Gobbo up on WC just now it says theyre releasing legends rules ALONGSIDE chapter approved. They used same language in the big FAQ for points changes

They keep making it sound like these are pdf releases rather than being a PART OF or INCLUDED in CA

Reading the legenss rules for the Red Gobbo up on WC just now it says theyre releasing legends rules ALONGSIDE chapter approved. They used same language in the big FAQ for points changes

They keep making it sound like these are pdf releases rather than being a PART OF or INCLUDED in CA

Hope they do it.

Legends site, all the PDFS get uploaded, download what you need.

Hope they do it.

Legends site, all the PDFS get uploaded, download what you need.

Would be cool

And they can keep adding to it

Plus no book to buy or carry

I’d honestly be kind of surprised if the Legends release was anything besides a PDF. GW doesn’t want rules on the store shelves for anything that isn’t able to be paired with a model purchase.

From 4chan :

Tyranids

-Malanthrope down 10pts

-Haruspex down 10 pts

-hive tyrant down 5pts

-Hive guard up 2 pts

Chaos

-Discordant up in cost 15 pts

- CSM down 2 pts

- cult marines down 2 pts

- Cultists stay the same

- plaguebeaerers up 1 pt

- greater daemon cost reduction (including named)

Ad mech

- Disintegrator up 10 pts

Space Marines

- General point reduction

Guard

- tank commanders up 20 pts

Tau

- Riptides up 30 pts

Aeldari

- No major changes

GSC

- Aberrants down 1 pt

- Acolytes up 1 pt

About space marines cost reduction :

I don't want to alarm you but this might be true. Insider rumors has it that the codex/supplement writers weren't in communication with CA writers who finalized and had their book printed before feedback for the new codex came back.

Edited by Elijah

Well ... I guess even though the actual Chapter Approved with the points changes would be the more important book to get I bet it'll be the one that will sell less simply because of Battlescribe. :sweat:

Ok, so my question would be - why split the books? It is something done for convenience of players (so they have to carry only one small-ish book for points)? Or could this be done so that the "Point Book" can be send to printers later than Chapter Approved? You know, to mitigate that "the change points reflect meta half a year before the actual publication" thing.

Edited by RapatoR

WC on FB replied to someone saying its same price as last year

On the question of separation, might be to keep it from being one very big softback that would fall apart from overuse, but it would be great if it did allow later publishing as a lot of it would be existing material (though I suspect they were done at the same time or close enough together) but that technical a book possibly requires the same amount of proofing