Salamanders Supplement

CCE1981

Holy!!!! Look at those Stratagems, no wonder everything else looked meh. Sallies seriously got the best Stratagems across the board. Their weakness will be getting into range and CPs. Transports look to be a must. They’ll be interesting. I think they will require a lot of finesse, to use.

Quite frankly the thought of using forge master on Ashmantle to bring him up to T11 takes me to a happy place. He's still not a great choice due to the cost but considering he has the chance to do 12 damage PER ATTACK if strength of the primarch is used means he may be coming off the shelf just due to the giggle factor! 

Quite frankly the thought of using forge master on Ashmantle to bring him up to T11 takes me to a happy place. He's still not a great choice due to the cost but considering he has the chance to do 12 damage PER ATTACK if strength of the primarch is used means he may be coming off the shelf just due to the giggle factor!

Oh jeeeeez.

That's #FUN.

Pretty sure you multiply values before adding and subtracting, so it would be 9 damage. The only reason a plus to strength gets doubled for things like thunder hammers is that the weapon's strength is a separate value that's based on the user's strength, so you have to determine user's strength first.

If I was drop podding a tactical squad I'd go MM and plasmagun as flamers and meltaguns will be lacking at that range, unless you go for a successor with the Long Range Marksman chapter tactic, in which case you're no longer playing Sallamaders. Also the base chapter tactic works well with the lone plasmagun firing overwatch, then if you don't end up using the reroll to hit on the plasma you use it on the MM. Flamers and meltaguns seem to work better with the rhino/RB rush. Leviathan with either twin cyclconic melta lance or single melta lance and claw in case you get into combat looks like it will be a champion, as does the LLR. Assault centurions with either flamers or meltaguns look nasty, either flamer and hurricane bolter a big mob of orls or cultists, or meltaguns a transport to death and hurricane bolter its contents, although you'll need either a LRR, LRC or stormrsven to get them close. And finally, smash captain seems like it could work we for sallies, with good dice rolls could even be better than BA smash captain