New Mephiston/Psychic awakening p3

Neuralshock

What's the bet he's gonna be a Primarch-level LoW? 

That would be ideal with how he got described. Together with the Sanguinor. However I doubt GW is going that far crunch-wise unfortunately.

Edited by sfPanzer

What's the bet he's gonna be a Primarch-level LoW?

I think it’s unlikely as the rumoured price point for him is $40 - I’d Expect a LoW of that level to be bigger and cost more.

While it sounds like there is closer black library/studio coordination I chalk the rumoured descriptions of mephistons power to hyperbole that comes with being In a novel.

Edited by Pathstrider

I chalk the rumoured descriptions of mephistons power to hyperbole that comes with being In a novel.

It's more a case of Librarians always having been much stronger in the fluff than on the table because if they were as capable on the table they all would be LoW choices costing hundreds of points. :sweat:

I wouldn't mind a psychic power that pulls the blood of hundreds of enemies out of their bodies at once, pretty good anti-horde option tbh.

Jokes aside, I'm very eager to see what they have in store for BoB and Meph. I'm wondering if they'll expand the Sanguinary discipline or have an entirely new discipline. I'm so PAMPED to see beefcake Meph both in model and rules (I'm hoping for an invulnerable save among other things)

Judging by the new stuff in Faith n' Furry I'd expect to see a "no fallback allowed" strat, unique litanies, another warlord table, OUR OWN DOCTRINES, and sweet relics.

The flesh tearer supplement with probably give a major peek into what to expect.

My guess is that Flesh Tearers will be the "raw" melee chapter with extra attacks and very World Eater-like abilities. Think Seth's buffs vs Dante's as a taste of their flavor. Maybe Shock Assault = +D3 Attacks instead of 1?

Blood Angels are hard for me to figure out, since so many ideas (+1D, prevent fall back, re-roll charges, etc...) have shown up for other SM chapters in some way shape or form. Without sounding like a petulant child I am a bit concerned that so much of what made our book "work" has been parceled out to other Factions: almost every SM chapter now has +1 To Wound abilities from Strats or WLT auras or such, and now the Night Lord get Descent of Angels in all but name. Don't want to jinx anything, but <for now> we still have Upon Wings of Fire to ourselves...

D3 would be a nightmare for rolling number of attacks on a unit of 15DC.

Yes it looks like each army got their combat abilities buffed and we’re just sitting here twiddling our thumbs. Hopefully our doctrines turn out to benefit our playstyle.

Something to help Death Company get in turn 1, not just 1 big blob. Maybe a special deepstrike rule

Something to help the rest be more mobile.

Not sure if we should have a shooting bonus, but else we’d just be only useful for a vanguard detachment again.

There should be more bonuses for us to get in close combat, deny overwatch, move with our tanks and fire heavy weapons, assault weapons for SG perhaps, advance and charge stratagems and perhaps elevate assault marines to be more useful, perhaps a similar move like DC can get, either with a stratagem or as their innate ability.

Not sure what’s in store for us in regards to doctrines; in fact I don’t think we’ll see those in the same way the other C:SM get them.

Not sure what’s in store for us in regards to doctrines; in fact I don’t think we’ll see those in the same way the other C:SM get them.

Possibly not but I think we should get something equivalent. The point is that at the moment, we pay the same (or more in a few cases) than codex Marines for units that miss out on significant bonuses via the Doctrines system. I really hope PA3 fixes this but I am managing my expectations.

Possibly not but I think we should get something equivalent. The point is that at the moment, we pay the same (or more in a few cases) than codex Marines for units that miss out on significant bonuses via the Doctrines system. I really hope PA3 fixes this but I am managing my expectations.

That is true. Point reductions would be welcome as well, but I’d rather have some nice new special rules rather than have a set bonus for different parts of the army, one at a time. While it’s supposed to be versatile, the doctrines only ever buff one part, and not necessarily the one needed. Spending CP to advance from heavy to assault would be a waste...

Anyone know how they dealt with Imperial/Crimson fists? The Imps have their own chapter trait, but did the Crimsons get that plus another, or their own specific one?

I'd be interested in a Sanguine 'gene line' with traits that explore the various natures.

All BA and successors get the red thirst, as written.

Angelic BA get always strike first. Flesh Tearers get a roll of a 6 count as 2 hits, someone gets reroll a charge dice, etc. 

IF/CF share 'unmodified 6 is an extra hit with bolt weapon' but differ in that one ignores cover and the other gets +1 to attacks made against units that have 5 models or more than the attacker.

so the BA proper can get Red thirst + move shoot assault weapons w/o penalty (lets say) and flesh tearers can get RT and unmodified 6's to wound are autohit/wound

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/11/20/mephiston-rereborn/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_campaign=40KMephistonReveal20Nov19&utm_content=40KMephistonReveal20Nov19

It's here, what do you guys think?

Imo it's a 7.5/10 for me, I like the majority of the model but the pistol positioning looks off and awkward and I don't like the open mouth. Just my taste

Still gonna insta buy it

Edit: saw the alternate pose 9/10

Edited by Neuralshock

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/11/20/mephiston-rereborn/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_campaign=40KMephistonReveal20Nov19&utm_content=40KMephistonReveal20Nov19

It's here, what do you guys think?

Imo it's a 7.5/10 for me, I like the majority of the model but the pistol positioning looks off and awkward and I don't like the open mouth. Just my taste

Still gonna insta buy it

Edit: saw the alternate pose 9/10

It's a delicious model for sure, but I dunno if he's quite tempting enough for me to break my "no named characters" moral principle :sweat: I wonder how easy it would be to convert a goblet of some sort into that gloved hand?

BUT ENOUGH TALK! HAVE AT YOU!