Start Collecting BA box

I see your battle box and raise you this one:

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Spear-of-Baal-Collection-EN-2019 

Use the jump Chaplain as a counts-as Lemartes (replace inferno pistol with a left hand bolt pistol from the DC box. 

Sanguinary Guard have a minimum unit size of 4, so build 4 and then a Sanguinary Ancient.

Scrounge for bits and magnetize the Pred to give you options between Dakka/lascannon/Baal loadouts. Poor Karlean (Termie Capt) is still the clunker of the bunch, but you can use him as a footslogging buff aura for the intercessors while you get some reps under your belt.

Edited by Indefragable

As discussed above, anything larger than a SC! box is not an option. We're now looking at one unit.

The BA tactical box is a good start to an army, although if the goal is to get stuff painted I'd do with the regular SM tactical box as the ropes. My god the ropes.

If I had £40 to spend and wanted an army, id probably go with a DC box first, to make 5 jump pack DC or vanguard, and then a 5 intercessor box, if they still make them. Maybe 2x easy to build intercessors, then use the 6th as a captain to start. That would be a great base to an army.

Bang for buck with £40 I'd go 2x each of ETB reivers and intercessors, making a captain and Phobos Lt from the 6th models in each unit.