AAR from yesterday

Galron

SO I played a 2k game yesterday with my Sallies. I was impressed despite not using a hard core list. It was more of a just see what they could do kind of game in a pick up game vs a guy prepping a tourney list with death guard. He had two knights, 2 deredeos, two of the mortar tanks, 3 plague marine squads, 3 captains.

I was fielding what I had available in a soup with my foot guard mordian army so no Doctrines. For guard is was 3 squads with a lascannon, 2 officers, one heavy weapon squad with ACs.

I was fielding a termy captain with the hammer relic and storm shield and feel no pain WL Trait. along with 5 hammernators. Vulkan and an LT in drop pods, 2 Dev Squads, one with multi-melta, one with grav. 1 tac squad with a lascannon, 2 intercessors with stalkers, 2 Invictors, 2 twin flamer speeders.

He got first turn and wiped a guard squad, heavy weapon squad, an intercessor squad, and left me with just the lascannon on the tac squad.

I loved the Invictors, they worked together and got a knight down to 1 wound. The drop pods came down and along with the flamecraft strat and mortal wound strat on a speeder, dropped the other knight to 1 wound as well. I also killed off 4 of a plague marine squad. My remaining guard squads missed with lascannon despite a reroll 1 order.

His second turn killed off the lascannon tacs, the melta devs, the grav devs. His charge with the knight in the middle at Vukan had vulkan kill it with overwatch. Then it blew up. Took out a drop pod, did a wound on the LT, killed vulkan, along with 3 PMs from one squad and 2 in the other and did a wound on a chaos lord. I might mention we were after an objective in the center of the table thus why everything was concentrating there. He managed to kill one of the invictors and one of the speeders. The other knight charged the final invictor who fried it with his big flamer, he didnt have the CP to make it blow up.

My second round had vulkan get up and he and the LT moved closer to the PM squads and lord. The final moved forward and wiped one of the PM squad remnants. The Speeder killed the other squad. Vulkan and LT put a wound or two on the chaos lord and killed him on the charge.The temi squad and captain dropped down 9.01" from a mortar tank, also within consolidation range of his WL, a doredo, and another lord and promptly failed their charges. oh yeah, the guard failed to hit again, despite reroll 1 orders.

Here is where I forgot Sallies ignore -1 ap and it would have helped greatly.

He killed the LT, failed to killed Vulkan and double fired his Doredo killing the entire termy squad. He also killed the speeder and put 12 wounds on the Invictor.

My turn for the hell of it had Vulkan charge and do a few wounds on a Doredo. Termy captain charged, took some wounds and put 3 on the other doredo despite hitting and wounding with everything because doredo dreads for some reason have a 4++ in close combat. The Guard also actually managed to hit a Doredo as well with their lascannons, predictably they rolled ones to wound.

We called it at that point. I gave it to him as a win although realistically only 1600ish of my army did anything.

-I forgot about the whole ignoring -1 ap thing which would have saved a ton of my guys.

-Quite sure that he was not allowed to use Fire Frenzy on Doredo dreadnoughts. I remember something about since it only effects Hellbrutes by name and not the Keyword?

-My guard succeeded fantastically of doing absolutely nothing except dying in the first turn.

No, open center with an objective. We both kind of converged our forces there. Mine were the ones that walked out of the mosh pit though though :)  My wing forces survived on either side though, especially after the invictors tore through one of the chaos knights. He also had the two mortar tanks so having LOS blocking terrain wasnt quite as useful as it could have been.