Which model do you wish GW would bring back?

TorvaldTheMild

Not GW but FW : Chaplain Venerable Dreadnought. I already got one but the model is too good both as a miniature and rulewise to stay OOP.

Good point. I was considering getting the FW Avatar with sword the other day and was disappointed to discover only the spear version is available. Don't get me wrong, I prefer the spear version, but the sword version was still a nice looking sculpt from the pictures I've seen over the years.

I also miss the dreadnoughts they removed recently, I was considering the chaplain dread but by then the arms had all sold out so I couldn't have completed the model anyway. The problem with FW models is that they (at least from my experience) get put on a wishlist but don't get purchased because of the price/not being directly useful to an army or any number of other reasons and then you end up missing out when they finally go out of production.

[Long multiquote]

The Raptors kit actually comes with talons, intended for Warp Talons; just use those.

I was going to say, the Raptor kit already comes with taloned feet, the Warp Talon ones. They're not the splay-toed version that the old models had, but they still fit.

Yes, I am aware of that, it's just that I prefer the more avian design ^^. Thank you both for your suggestions!

Edited by Umbra Lynx

The old Logan Grimnar. No daft chariot and one of the most dynamic metal Marine sculpts ever IMO.

You could use the kit to make him without the chariot, make the base a scenic one with the two wolves all on foot. I have been considering it to do as a gift to a friend. Just need to match the chariot height so it occupies the same height + volume as the stock model. I prefer the chariot logan.

I guess I really mean this one, but really, when you think of Doomrider, what we picture in our minds is the previous model.

All I want for Christmas is a Legends data sheet for Doomrider, GW.   

Doomrider.jpg

I actually found this model well most of it (Have the metal figure and the metal blade/gun thing that goes on top of the bike, just not the chaos bike) in a box of 40k stuff I had in my aunts garage over Thanksgiving weekend. The very first models I got were chaos but then I went after SW and just boxed all the chaos I have. Found some old metal raptors in the box too.

Edited by Kolgrim DeathHowl

I don't want them to bring any back as they are mostly rubbish by modern standards.

I would, however, like for them to make updates of old, missing models.

Can you really look at the cheesy-grin cartoon villain plastic Daemon Prince and honestly say to yourself it looks better than the old, menacing Juan Diaz one?

We’re not talking model detail quality or ease of assembly here - we’re talking purely model beauty. A plastic recut of the old metal Daemon Prince with no change to the design, only using modern plastic technology is one of the closest things we’d see to genuine universal acclaim.

Edit: pics for reference. I call it, How and How Not To Do Menace: A Masterclass.

A108-C976-7-DD5-4-CA8-AD24-B257-F320-F10

88-F3-BB31-BE32-49-F3-8-EC0-F3-BDE5-ECB2

Edited by kombatwombat

I don't want them to bring any back as they are mostly rubbish by modern standards.

I would, however, like for them to make updates of old, missing models.

Can you really look at the cheesy-grin cartoon villain plastic Daemon Prince and honestly say to yourself it looks better than the old, menacing Juan Diaz one?

We’re not talking model detail quality or ease of assembly here - we’re talking purely model beauty. A plastic recut of the old metal Daemon Prince with no change to the design, only using modern plastic technology is one of the closest things we’d see to genuine universal acclaim.

Edit: pics for reference. I call it, How and How Not To Do Menace: A Masterclass.

A108-C976-7-DD5-4-CA8-AD24-B257-F320-F10

88-F3-BB31-BE32-49-F3-8-EC0-F3-BDE5-ECB2

I think the DP kit is a decent starting point for conversions and IMO isn't a bad kit, but the metal DP is infinitely better. If we get a new plastic DP I'd love to see Juan Diaz' design used as the starting point.

Anyway, models I'd like to see return.

My immediate thoughts are mostly FW, specifically the entire MkIV Castra Ferrum lineage (Hot take: the "standard" FW SM MkIV Dreadnought is one of the most gorgeous 40K models ever and a masterclass in minimalist, elegant mechanical design), the Vraks renegade stuff, the CSM conversion kits (I know the kits they modify are OOP but I can still see them being compatible with some hacking, and the designs are just mwah) and my dear beloved the FW Hive Tyrants.

In terms of Citadel mainline stuff, some of the old metal Chaos characters come to mind, especially the metal Terminator lord. The 3rd and 2nd ed Tyranid catalogue too; the 2nd edition Lictor is one of my favourite retro minis ever, and the 3rd ed Hive Tyrant would make a superb Tyranid Prime (I was planning on nabbing one as a Prime in Shadow War Armageddon back when that was a thing, and I might do so anyway as I love the model). I won't lie, I'd love to see the metal Lesser Daemons make a permanent return rather than just limited time offerings, especially the Horrors. The resin/metal Drukhari/Dark Eldar characters are IMO better than their plastic updates, so there's that. Also the metal Chaos Spawn.

...Blimey, that got carried away quickly!

As far as I can tell, they DID use the Diaz Prince as a starting point - for ONE of the several builds. As much as the modern Prince is lacking from the waist down, the Heretic Astartes-styled Prince builds feature a lot of the same design features - the too-long fingers, the power nodes, the armor blended with accursed warpflesh, even the stomach cables. Don't try to tell me this isn't what the Diaz Prince would look like brought up to date with the modern Daemons range (and all the art style changes that come with that, for better or for worse) and given a second malefic talon instead of a sword. If it had power armor greaves, it'd be perfect.

01-01.jpg

That old metal DP holds its age very well, and a plastic model using today's modern sculpting and casting processes would be a dream come true for a lot of people, as would an updated version of the Nurgle CSM DP. The current plastic DP is adequate in my mind, not bad, but certainly nothing special either, and it does beat metal/terricast to work with. Edited by Captain Smashy Pants

Also even though we've never actually had them before, so kinda irrelevant to the thread, but relevant to Daemon Princes, I'd love god specific DP or DP special characters that could be used for both 40k and Sigmar. Basically a kit to build a mini Greater Daemon, so the Khorne one would look like a cross between a more detailed version of the current plastic DP and a mini Bloodthirster and so on. Edited by Captain Smashy Pants