WW2 themed IG, Montgomery 101st

greatcrusade08

i find conscripts amazing if boosted with orders, that means whiteshields and creed for double skills.

FRFSRF and take aim on cadian whiteshields is amazing!!!

im currently working on a mixed arms list, 6 x 30 conscripts, 3 leman russes and a couple basilisks. should be fun

Annoyingly I cant find where I put those fausts, I tidied up and cant remember where I stashed them. but I did just find a ton of German bits I got off ebay ages ago and found 3 being held with two arms, 3 left arms extended holding them, two right arms with them leaning on shoulder and three singles with no hands. Im sticking them in an envelope now so I dont loose them before I get them posted. 

• 2 months later...

So its been a little while. My degree is keeping me busy, but im eagerly awaiting the new releases.

As it happens i have two local very small tournaments coming up using the old codex. I am thinking of spamming conscripts as a swan song for them. i now have 8 units of 30 and another 120 infantry ontop. 

Whats everyones thoughts in a good conscript list, spam as many as possible in an infantry only list or mix in some tanks?

• 1 month later...

The new Cadia stands box has allowed me to revitalise my project.

the new models are great, and i wanted to give contrast paints a go. Im very happy with them.

Ive gone for a more "red-coat" british paint scheme and made a pledge to the painting challenge.

Here is the first of my units completed

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

8 hours ago, Tallarn Commander said:

They look wonderful. Are you going to stick to the camo green for your regular troops?

Im splitting my collection in half, all my old conscripts are staying camo green and being used for 30k, my 40kis being updated to new models. any older platoon sqauds will be repainted to match.

just need to work out colour scheme for vehicles next

Command squad completed, really loved these models.

Ive also GSd and riveted my second Panzer (Russ), both are ready for painting.

Just need to finish the second infantry squad and im done with the pledge, although i have another 4 squads on the production line.

2.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

1 hour ago, duz_ said:

Can't wait to see the tanks painted. 

How do you do the rivets? 

I brought lengths of round plastic and cut it down to rivets, use plastic glue and tweezers..

what are thoughts on colour scheme for vehicles, do i stay with black/red?

Edited by greatcrusade08

My painting pledge is now complete, not sure if i will add another, may spend a couple days catching up on other stuff and see how i get on.

I am very impressed by contrast paints and it is likely i can get a lot of painting done this year.

Still unsure how to paint vehicles however.

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

1.jpg

I pledged a further 2 infantry units and 2 commissars as part of the painting challenge. I’ve nearly finished the infantry but wanted to start on the characters.

This is my WIP commissar. I’m going to repaint the boots black, brown doesn’t work imo744DD102-F368-40DB-A06D-EC4ADA393286.thumb.jpeg.28223e62dda641c75d46e55947322602.jpeg

Looking good!!! That red... Ooohh that red. :wub:

As for the vehicles, red and black would look good but everyone uses that for Inquisitional troops, you could try black and red instead? :wink:

Joking aside, Im clean out of ideas for tanks. Your troops are mostly red so flip that for the vehicles, good old standard issue grey with a red spot colour maybe? .