When our PA arrives

Trollbeard

Got this from the DG subreddit

Stratagems

1CP Plaguechosen Pre battle after chosing a warlord, chose a death guard character model of your army without warlord trait and chose a unique warlord trait for it 1CP

Soulharvest use this stratagem in the fight phase if a death guard daemon prince gets chosen to fight with its axe or sword. Add 3 to the Attack characteristics until the end of the phase. Only infantry units can be the target of its attacks 1CP

Emissary of Nurgle Pre battle. choose a LoC unit in your army. until end of battle it gets the ability Emissary of Nurgle: Reroll Hits of 1 for attacks of friendly DG units within 6" of this model 1CP

Disgusttorrent Use this stratagem in the shooting phase if a foul blightspawn model gets chosen, roll 2d6 to determine shots for the flamer and discard one. same for strenght value. 1CP

Infecting Rounds Shooting Phase when a PM unit gets chosen to shoot Until end of phase the bolt weapons become Plague Weapon and against infantry an unmodified woundroll of 6 gets -4AP

1/2CP Endless Volley Shooting Phase when a DG Infantry unit shoots. Until end of phase bolter and the bolter profile of combiweapons get rapid fire 2. Combibolter get rapid fire 3. Units with 6 or more models pay 2CP

2/3 CP ??? Shooting phase or Fight Phase when a PM Unit gets chosen as target for an attack. If the unit is 10 or less models 2CP otherwise 3CP. Add 1 to Disgustingly Resilient Rolls

1CP ??? Before Battle. Choose a Plague Surgeon model in your army. Until end of battle it gets the following ability Hypertoxic Tincture: Reroll woundrolls of 1 or 2 for attacks with plagueweapons of friendly dg models within 6"

1cp Tenchfighters already previewed

1cp Warptoll At the beginning of morale phase. Choose a Noxious Blightbringe. Add 1 to dicerolls for morale tests of enemy units within 7" and double the amount of fleeing models if it fails. 1cp

Creeping plague Fightphase when a DG unit in your army gets chosen to fight. Until the end of the phase add 1 to Damage characteristics for attacks and unmodified wound rolls of 6 get -4 AP 1CP

Grimeeruption If a Deathguard Terminator model gets destroyed, before it gets removed roll a d6 for every unit within 7" without the Nurgle Keyword. on a 4+ deal 1 mortal wound 1CP

Toxic Burst any phase except morale if a DG model of your army gets destroyed. Chose an enemy unit within 3" of the model and subtract 1 of their hitrolls when they attack.

1CP Mutated Stem Fightphase if poxwalkers fight. Until the end of the phase unmodified wound rolls of 6 against infantry units deal mortal wounds. Unmodified hit rolls of 1 deal 1 mortal wound to the attacking unit

2CP Miasmatic Sickness Beginning of Fight phase. Choose an enemy unit within 1" of a friendly PM unit. Subtract 1 of its Toughness characteristic as long as it isnt in Mortarions Toxic Presence ability

1CP Lifeeater In fight phase if a DG unit gets chosen to fight. Until the end of the phase you automatically wound if you roll an unmodified 6 to hit with plagueweapons

1CP Overwhelming Generosity already previewed

1CP Accelerated Entropy Pre Battle. Choose a PBC. Until end of battle its entropy cannons and all entropy cannons of PBC within 7" get Plague Weapon, Damagerolls of 1 or 2 count as 3.

1CP Firefever shooting phase after youve allocated the shots of a helbrute with 2 ranged weapons. Until the end of the phase you can reroll all hit rolls if you shoot all shots at one target for this model

1CP Contaminated Monstrosity Before Battle. Chose a DG Unit (no chaos cultists or titanic units) with 12 Wounds or less or for 2CP 13 Wounds or more. Until the end of the battle the unit gets disgustingly resilient

1CP Parasitic Fumes End of Movement phase. Chose a Myphitic Blight Hauler unit. Until end of turn when a friendly model within 7" attacks add 1 to the AP characteristic of its weapons.

RELICS

The Feverstone: LoC only Reduce Strength characteristic of enemy models by 1 as long as they are within 3" of a model within your army carrying this relic

Allwilter Model with plaguesword only and replaces the plaguesword melee melee +1S -3AP 2D Plagueweapon, enemies wounded by this weapon dont get saves.

The Daemon's Toll - Already previewed

The Epidemicystic Blade Hellforged Sword only, replaces the hellforged sword melee melee +1S -2AP 3D plague weapon, exploding 6s

The Foul Amulet Psyker only models with this relic know an additional psychic power. Once per psychic phase, after this model manifested a psychic power heal it for D3 Wounds

Wormspitter Bolt pistol only, replaces bolt pistol 14" pistole 1 5S -2AP 1D Plague weapon, If you hit a model with this weapon successfully it gets corroded until end of turn... when a friendly death guard model attacks a corroded unit it's weapon gain the plague weapon ability

THE Harbingers

Zombie Plague

If your warlord destroys an enemy infantry model in melee add a model to a friendly Harbingers Poxwalker unit within 7". You have to pay reserve points for models above its starting unitsize

1/3cp From the Carrion Heaps already previewed

1CP Life transcending Death Fight Phase when the last model of a Harbingers Unit gets destroyed. The enemy unit that destroyed the model suffers D3 mortal wounds

EDIT combined with hexfleet virules leaks:

Relics:

The Feverstone:LoC only Reduce Strength characteristic of enemy models by 1 as long as they are within 3" of a model within your army carrying this relic

Allwilter: Model with plaguesword only and replaces the plagueswordmelee melee +1S -3AP 2D Plagueweapon, enemies wounded by this weapon dont get saves.

The Daemon's Toll - Already previewed

The Epidemicystic Blade: Hellforged Sword only, replaces the hellforged sword melee melee +1S -2AP 3D plague weapon, exploding 6s

The Foul Amulet: Psyker only models with this relic know an additional psychic power. Once per psychic phase, after this model manifested a psychic power heal it for D3 Wounds

Wormspitter: Bolt pistol only, replaces bolt pistol 14" pistole 1 5S -2AP 1D

Plague weapon, If you hit a model with this weapon successfully it gets corroded until end of turn... when a friendly death guard model attacks a corroded unit it's weapon gain the plague weapon abilityhase plaguespewer, Plaguethrower and plaguefists of models in the unit have a damage characteristic of 2D

Plague Companies:

If your army is battle forged and the detachement is a DG detachement you can chose which plague company it belongs to.

All DG units in the detachement except chaos cultists, poxwalker and named characters get the <Plague Company> keyword.

You get the plague companies:

Warlord traits

Relics

Stratagems

Harbingers:

Poxwalkers in this detachement get the Harbingers Keyword.

Warlord Trait: Zombie Plague

If your warlord destroys an enemy infantry model in melee add a model to a friendly Harbingers Poxwalker unit within 7". You have to pay reserve points for models above its starting unitsize

Relic

Stratagems

1/3cp

From the Carrion Heaps

already previewed

1CP

Life transcending Death

Fight Phase when the last model of a Harbingers Unit gets destroyed. The enemy unit that destroyed the model suffers D3 mortal wounds

The Relentless:

Warlord Trait: Ferric Blight - If an attack of a friendly <Relentless> unit targets a Vehicle within 7" of this warlord add 1 to this weapons AP characteristic.

Relic: Leech Spore Casket

If a model gets destroyed in melee by a model with this relic heal a friendly <Relentless> vehicle within 18" by 1. Every model in your army can only recover 3 Wounds per round.

Stratagems

1cp

Unholy Essence

Beginning of Shooting phase.

Choose up to 3 <Relentless> vehicle in your army. until end of the phase they get Inexorable Advance

1CP

Iron Miasma

enemy Fight Phase if a friendly <Relentless> unit gets targetted by an enemy infantry unit. Subtract 2 from Attack rolls.

The Mortarion's Anvil

Warlord Trait

Gloaming Bloat

wound rolls of 1-3 always fail against your warlord

Relic

The Tally

Tallyman only.

Melee attack of <Mortarion's Anvil> units within 7" get exploding 6s on hit

Stratagems

2/3CP Personified Futility enemy Shooting phase when <mortarion's Anvil> terminators unit gets targetted. Reduce Damage charactersitics of weapons by 1 (minimum damage 1). If the unit consists of 5 or less models the stratagem costs 2 otherwise 3 CP

1CP Smth smth counterattack Fight Phase. Choose a Mortarion's Anvil infantry unit. Until the end of the phase it can perform heroic interventions as if it was a character model

The miserable

Warlord Trait

Eater Plague

If your warlord kills a model in melee, he heals 1 hit point up to 3 per phase.

Relic

Daemon's Favour

Malignant Plaguecaster Only.

Substitute the Pestilent Fallout ability with

Stream of Decay:

After manifesting a psychic power the closest enemy unit within 7" suffers 1 mortal wound if the psychic test was <7. If it was >=7 chose an enemy unit within 7" it suffers D3 mortal wounds

Stratagems

1CP

the decayed veil

end of movement. Chose a <Miserable> character model that didnt perform a daemonic ritual this turn. It can perform a Daemonic Ritual as if it didnt move. It doesnt matter if it arrived this turn as deepstrike. Furthermore only roll 1D6 for summoning and add 7 on the result

1CP

sevenfold blessing

Pre Battle. Choose a <Miserable> psyker model. Until the end of battle you can reroll one of the dice for a psychic test of this model. You can use this stratagem only once per battle

Poxmongers

Warlord Trait

Sanguous Flux

If friendly Poxmonger models are within 7" of this warlord whilst making a melee attack against infantry models add 1 to its AP characteristics

Relic

Iron coagulation oven Poxmonger Daemon Engines have a save characteristic of 4++ as long as they are within 7" of a model with this relic

Stratagems

1CP gallic bloodrush beginning of shooting. Choose a poxmonger daemon engine unit. Until the end of the phase it can shoot after it already retreated from melee.

1CP subsiding dysentery fight phase if a friendly poxmonger Daemonengine unit destroys an enemy model heal a model of the unit by D3 Wounds.

The Ferrymen

Warlord Trait

the Drowning

Add 2 to morale tests for enemy units within 12" of this warlord

Relic

Ferryman's Scythe replaces a plaguereaper melee melee +4S -3AP 3D Plague weapon unmodified wound rolls of 6 add 1 mortal wound

Stratagems

1CP Pestwhispering: Shooting phase if a <Ferrymen> blightlord terminator unit getschosen to shoot. Add 1 to all hit rolls of the unit until the end of the phase

2CP On Humming Wings: beginning of movement. Choose a Ferrymen uni. Until end of turn aura abilities of this unit add 7" to their reach. (Nurgles Blessing still only hits enemy units within 1" of a friendly unit)

Mortarion's chosen sons

Warlord Trait

Crawling Pustulance

Melee attacks against your warlord get 1 subtracted from their hit roll. If an enemy unit (only non flying) within 1" of your warlord retreats roll a d6, on a 2+ it suffers D3 mortal wounds

Relic

Vomitryx: Plagueincubatum? i think thats the flamer of daemon princes of nurgle and foul blight spawns. it substitutes it with 9" Assault 7 7S -3AP 2D Plague weapon Autohits.

Stratagems

1CP Alembic Narthecium: Pre Battle. Choose a Mortarion's chose sons plague surgeon model. Substitute its corrupted Narthecium ability with Alembic Narthecium: reroll disgustingly resilient rolls of 1 or 2 for friendly mortarions chosen sons infantry models within 3" of this model

1CP Plaguebrewer: In Shooting phase if a Mortarions chosen sons unit gets chosen to shoot. until the end of the phase plaguespewer, Plaguethrower and plaguefists of models in the unit have a damage characteristic of 2D

Sorry for the poor formatting, gonna fix that.

Edited by BlueBiscuit Raider

I'm actually the opposite on those upgrade stratagems. A lot of them should've simply been how the units should've worked from the start.

The fact that we gotta pay CPs to give our Chaos Lords DR, or the Lord of Contagion the re-roll to hit is kind of unfuriating.

Still there's some interesting stuff here, gonna take a while to think of it's applications.

Some abilities should've been there from the start, yes, like the Lord having T5 and DR (still cannot get T5 without idiotism, sigh), but there is a case to be made for the fact that by using CP for unit upgrades like DR on vehicles you aren't paying a hefty points tax on them instead (one third more resilient machines should pay for that, after all). Thus you have flexibility in lists to have both those players who prefer durable things and those who prefer to simply have one or two tanks more using their CP for other stratagems.

The basic lord and sorcerer never made sense to me. They don’t even have a lore section in the book. Also from a lore perspective how is the lord, the leader of the toughest marines in the galaxy blessed by papa nurgle, how is this marine the weakest(from a toughness perspective) marine in the whole army. A basic plague marine is thoughness 5 and DR when the lord has toughness 4 and no DR?

It has never made any sense, it's just another example of GW's "no model, no rules" stupidity where the same model had to have same rules across multiple codicies without considering the context they're in. In a sensible world DG should've just had a Lord option which could've been kitted out as the LoC beatstick or a buffing commander, but no...

So I’ll be spending 8 cps just to give 2 defilers, 2 contemptors and a leviathan dread Disgusting Resilience each game

Gonna be awesome them having it but at at same time the new rules being solely stratagems we have to buy instead of actual rules that affect our army normally does suck a lot

Gonna see how I can get 10+cps for an army so I can actually give my DG the rules they should of got

Would that mean possessed can get DR as well ?

If so does having 7 or more mean it’ll have to be 2cps to do so

Edited by Plaguecaster

I really do hope that some of them are not PM only as it is written here.

Some of these just seem really stupid decisions (not surprising for GW really)

Endless volley for 2CP i get less shots than a CSM terminator unit with endless cacophony

However if you could combine it with, Infecting rounds and VOTLW, along with a LoC with re-roll wounds and Emissary of Nurgle, along with the +1 to hit strat from the Ferrymen then that could be really interesting. 10 terminators with 60 shots, hitting on 2s, wounding most things on 4s, with re-rolls. Thats about 45 wounds with 15 of them being AP-4

They ferrymans scythe also looks very good.

Alas, i think its PM only so most of those strats will never get used.

Sure a big blob of 20 PM could do it but thats about 40 shots, difficult to get them all in range/LOS, cant get +1 to hit, and are usually run as a combat squad anyway.

And thats an awful lot of CP for 60 Bolt gun shots if done on terminators (2CP + 1CP for vets + 1CP for emmissary). Thats about 40 wounds on a primaris squad, killing 6-7 of them (if not in cover), or doing about 10 wounds to a T7 vehicle assuing 3+ save....which for a unit over 400 points (+the LOC) is rather pathetic

I do just want to have one short rant though.

:cuss GW, the numbers of nurgle are 3 & (more importantly) 7. NOT 5 & 10

STOP MAKING STRATS THAT PUNISH PEOPLE FOR PLAYING FLUFFY YOU TOTAL MORONS

There is already very little reason to run units of 7 PM or 7 terminators. With the stupid decison for blast weapons next eddition, along with stupid restrictions on weapons upgrades, and now CP costing more for being above 5 models, you would have to be an idiot to run PM in units of 7...

And also. 1W T5 models with a 5++ are about as tough as a wet tissue. PM now better be 2WOUNDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah the strats are cool but you only have so many command points. Our next codex will hopefully address the other glaring issues. Perhaps don't invest so much in giving the stuff DR. Defilers are 14W so that's 2cp each. DR mathematically works out to adding 1/3 W to their max. So on a defiler each command point is adding about 2.33W. But using two contemptor for 2cp at 10W each nets you 3.33W per CP. It's not as worth it on 14W stuff as it is on 10W (or even 8W) mathematically speaking. I guess we have to wait for the official translations / book and game testing to see what's actually worth it.

Spending 2 cp to give ONE vehicle in your list DR is worth it. It would be crazy to waste all your CP just giving everything you can DR. A Levi with dual butcher cannon array with DP is going to be nasty. 

I've been stubbornly running a Land Raider for two years now. And I will continue to do so, but now, it's less to my detriment because the damn thing can finally shrug off some damage rather than suffer the inglorious fate of being a vehicle with no invuln save.

It'll be as nurgly-resistant as its looks have always implied.

Hallelujah. Especially if that invuln aura relic works on vehicles for sure.

I like the rules... But in my main list I'm now paying 6 cp before the battle: 1cp to give LoC RR 1s aura, 2cp to give land raider DR, 1cp to give helbrute DR, 1 CP EXTRA RELIC, 1CP EXTRA WL TRAIT. That leaves me with 3 cp for 1 grenade combo... Meh

I like the rules... But in my main list I'm now paying 6 cp before the battle: 1cp to give LoC RR 1s aura, 2cp to give land raider DR, 1cp to give helbrute DR, 1 CP EXTRA RELIC, 1CP EXTRA WL TRAIT. That leaves me with 3 cp for 1 grenade combo... Meh

Well 9th comes out next month, and in 1001-2000pts games you get 12 CP. And everything's costs are going back up so your list will have less in it. I personally think giving a LoC reroll ones is not only a waste of a CP but a waste of points in general, he didn't get buffed at all and still sucks and we didn't get a charge mechanic from the looks of it. We got some new toys but all at an opportunity cost of not taking a different relic, warlord trait or strat. We didn't get free army wide -ap and a second legion trait like space marines. We will still be in the bottom half in mono win %. Just hope our next codex won't suck, that's about all we can do for now haha.

Well 9th comes out next month, and in 1001-2000pts games you get 12 CP. And everything's costs are going back up so your list will have less in it. I personally think giving a LoC reroll ones is not only a waste of a CP but a waste of points in general, he didn't get buffed at all and still sucks and we didn't get a charge mechanic from the looks of it. We got some new toys but all at an opportunity cost of not taking a different relic, warlord trait or strat. We didn't get free army wide -ap and a second legion trait like space marines. We will still be in the bottom half in mono win %. Just hope our next codex won't suck, that's about all we can do for now haha.
What Putrid Choir said. As much as I've always wanted him to be good and use him (love the model) he's just such a let down without a mechanics rework.

Hell, if his ability was even just "start of the enemy turn" instead of YOUR turn, he'd be fun to use, even with his slow, actually-pretty-fragile nature.

In a game where usually all it takes is one primaris Sergeant with a thunder hammer (God help you if he's SW or BA getting those bonuses to get through) to punk him (especially god help you of it's one wolfen with a TH), his being slow-as-hell is a massive hindrance. Once he's on the board, he has basically no impotence. He usually just gets ignored and moved away from.

Every game I've tried to bring him, whether it be deepstrike, or Land Raider taxi, he consistently ends up being a sink of points. He mulches most things he touches, for sure, but it's so rare he does, it's brutally disheartening to use him.

This is especially the case when you can grab a DP with wings for not that much more, AND that DP has the re-rolls without need to spend a CP, is fast, can fly over things, can get the cool suppurating plate relic and actually enjoy the 2+ boost it gives, etc...

He suffers that same "why do you exist with your rules as they are now?" that the tallyman does. AKA first dex out the gate in 8th syndrome.

On the same note, I was REALLY hoping the tallyman got a DG "litanies" analogue that his model's speaker and his lore would be great for in this PA, but alas...

At least with the relic, I can finally justify bringing the gorgeous blightbringer model again.

Edited by Dark Legionnare

to be fair to the tallyman:

The mortarion's anvil tally man is pretty good. full to hit re-rolls and additional hit on 6's makes the flails so much better, since for every 6 you get d3 additional attacks, 2d3 vs imperium unit. plus he one of the rare option to get CP without investing in a relic or WLT. I'm quite happy about not having to roll a 3+ to get the buff, and he's a lot cheaper than the Dark Apostle. 

I Will try him out in a version of the rhino spam list Don played on TTS stream, with multiple 5 man PM. 

I also will try it as ferrymen for "on humming wings" to get the BlightBringner 5++ aura to 14" and cover most of the board.

I swear people complaining about this release are sleeping on the best part of it.

Also for the wormspitter relic, does anyone know what a plaguefists is?

could it be the plaguespitters from drones?

I thinks its a bad translation of the plague spurt gauntlet of the deathshroud

I swear people complaining about this release are sleeping on the best part of it.

No, people are complaining about the bandaid and having to utilize CP and relics to make unplayable units playable. There are some good stuff in there but most of it is to make our terrible characters less terrible. Our legion trait still only applies to infantry and brutes, and half of it just got applied to every vehicle in the game come 9th. We have no mono bonus. No secondary trait. No access to dark Herecticus. Just a bunch of bandaids. We can give stuff DR for CP, but our stuff should have gotten it anyways. Not to mention half of the stuff we got is Detatchment gated, and now you have to spend CP to get another Detatchment. But "PA was done with 9th in mind"... Right and GW doesn't care about money and just wants a balanced game...