Shovellovin's Legio Praesagius

Your Legio is coming along splendidly!  I'm really liking your cream/bone colour.

Thank you, Lord Uglor! I tried a few different ways of painting the color scheme before I settled on this one.

Indeed, very nice Legio. Any ideas for the bases?

Unfortunately, I won't be able to get any basing done until my local FLGS opens back up. I currently don't have plasticard to create the type of bases that I'd like. For now, I'll just chugging along on the titans.

Excellent stuff, your titans are gorgeous, a pleasure to the eyes!

Thank you, Mendi Warrior! I'm really enjoying working on these models.

Here is my first Reaver. Like my other Warlord, I haven't named it yet. I need to get on it.

7irgHill.jpg

edit - I hope ForgeWorld continues to add weapon options for the Titanicus line. I love warp missile. I've no idea how effective it is in game but I just love the idea of a gigantic warp missile on the back of a titan.

Edited by Shovellovin

Made some progress on another reaver.

UJrEM0hl.jpg

And took a better photo of the other reaver.

F4IKm0Hl.jpg

Thank you Bjorn Firewalker and Interrogator Stobz. 

@Mandragola - Yeah, the white is a lot of work. I almost went for Gryphonicus because of it but decided to just do it. I plan on painting some House Vornherr knights soon. I must be a glutton for punishment. 

Edited by Shovellovin

Curious to know what your recipe and process for the white is, if you don't mind sharing it. :)

Anyway, they look great. The various stripes you've painted really add to the overall good look of your Titans. :tu:

Curious to know what your recipe and process for the white is, if you don't mind sharing it. :smile.:

Anyway, they look great. The various stripes you've painted really add to the overall good look of your Titans. :thumbsup:

Thank you, Dosjetka. 

My white recipe is: prime with premium Vallejo white primer, then paint over the primer with thinned down Abeitlung 502 Buff oil paint, then remove the excess with a q-tip leaving the cream in the recesses, then use AK Streaking Grime for some weathering. 

Thank you, Gore Crew. 

Thank you, calgar101. Like you, the background of the Legio, drew me to Praesagius. I like the idea of a Legio only using force when necessary to achieve compliance during the Great Crusade.

I wrapped up my first warhound. Like the other titans I've painted, I'll work on the bases when I'm able to go to my FLGS to pick up some plasticard. Until the, I'll keep plugging away on my AT models.

x145Bszl.jpg

Whelp, I tried to upload this picture as a video but can't get it to play.

Here's the direct link:

https://i.imgur.com/r5to9Utl.mp4

That's really well done.

Thank you, Fajita Fan. The more AT models I paint the more I refine my process. I'm amassing a nice size legio now.

That’s a very cool looking Titan. The white and blue are both really nice.

Thank you, Mandragola. I'm glad that I stuck with Praesagius even though when I first started I was kicking myself for picking a legio with so much white in the color scheme.

Here is my latest model; a warhound. It's still very much a WIP but I'm making good progress on it.

uXfsLtjl.jpg

Once this model is completed I'll have two warlords, two reavers and two warhounds. I'll probably go back to painting up more warlords since I still have two that are partially assembled. Once I've finished the warlords I'll get to work on some knights.

• 2 years later...

After a two year hiatus I finally decided to base my titans. Honestly, I wish I would have started a long time ago; the basing makes a huge difference. 

I used plasticard to give the base a courtyard feel, chopped one of the buildings from the terrain set, added cork for rubble around the base and then textured the rest of the base to make it look like a warzone. I'm very happy with the result. I still need to make a few changes but I think my AT mojo is back. I'll base the rest of my legio and then work on the two (or is it three?) warlord titans that I still need to finish.

fYLe71Zl.jpg