My IF Modernization

andes

Good time for it. I'm doing Orks and Thousand Sons while I wait for the world to reopen.

Nice! I love my Evil Suns, they're so much fun to play.

Hah, I'm running elite Goffs. I picked up Prophecy of the Wolf before GeeDubs started shipping again and grabbed some Assault Terminators on the cheap to work on to make more.

Great stuff! The plasma coil glow looks especially good. :thumbsup:

What's your plan for the next 500 points to get you up to 2000?

Thanks! I've got a Repulsor in my pile of shame, once that's done I just need to add 10 Intercessors, 10 Infiltrators and another Impulsor and that's it... The Hunt Relentless will be ready to run down the traitorous Heretic Iron Warrior Warsmith, Shon'tu, thereby proving to themselves and others that they deserve to fight alongside their Firstborn Brothers in the Imperial Fists 3rd Company!

Edited by andes

Good question, and great timing :wink:  Tor Garadon is my Lockdown Painting Challenge model, and is my next project. I also have the Captain with Powerfist and Plasma Pistol primed and ready to paint, and I'll probably do him alongside Garadon. I do need a Chaplain and Librarian but don't have the models yet. My FLGS is now open with curbside service, so I'm pretty sure I can get the models when I need them.

Edited by andes

Have you considered Inceptors? 3 models, in Gravis armor so 9 wounds at T5, each armed with 2 pistol heavy bolters so 18 shots each. They have AP-2 during Tactical Doctrine and Ignore Cover and have exploding 6s because Imperial Fists. Be a great way to remove cover campers like Tau pathfinders.

That's a great suggestion. I'm a collector as much as anything, so will get some one way or another. I'm not crazy about the lawn-chair poses, but have seen some converted to be more vertical in posture and connected to small ruins rather than those flight stands. Hmmmm...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so waiting to face these guys. Daedalus and his Sons (Iron Warriors) are eager to face them.

Top notch painting. 

We're close... two boxes to check: COVID Phase 3 and 9th Edition! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I finally finished my Primaris Apothecary. The first try was a failed experiment, so he went into The Dip. While washing off the paint stripper, I broke the dangly pendant thing off his extended arm and it went down the garbage disposal side of the sink :censored:

Second try went a lot better, but white armor remains really frikken' hard. Respect, White Scar brothers.

uv3dS8dh.jpg