My IF Modernization

andes

It's a shame that there's no one for you to play Apoc with. :sad.: Still, that's a mighty force you have there. From when is your Firstborn army?

Unfortunately, the problem with Apoc is that GW is not supporting it with new play material. All of the Indomitus-era stuff is missing datasheets. Understandable, I guess, given how little it seems to get played. 

I started the Firstborn back in third edition, some twenty years ago now (ugh). I played it as my primary army though to 5th ed, at which point I took a hiatus from 40k. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just play large regular games. I found appoc didn’t care enough about the individual, there where no heros within the army (not just characters, the exceptional shot that comes from a squad)

I played a 3000 point game a few weeks ago, and I would love to play a higher one in the future.

Where are you, if your close I’ll play.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How did the game go?

I'm an old player too and i'm still struggling to find purpose on primaris units (because i just don't know how to use them xD)

Any tips on them?

As far as end result, it was rough for the Imperial Fists. To keep things as simple as possible, my opponent and I decided to only play with Primary objectives. While that didn't matter a whole lot from the learning 9th edition perspective (I learned a lot!), it made gameplay a bit rough as the Khornate traitor heretics could press hard without worry of losing Secondary points. This was made worse by me foolishly pressing forward rather than sitting back and shooting... my 8e army was Ork Speed Freeks, and related habits don't translate to Imperial Fist gunlines very well :teehee:

As far as using Primaris, not sure I can offer tips as I'm still figuring them out myself. Each unit is far more specialized than the First Born I'm familiar with.

Edited by andes

Yeah, the game was a good one to learn the rules, but with no secondaries, my Khornate force didn't care about tactics, just push forward. I expect when we play with all the rules (and secondaries), things will be much different.

One thing I did notice was 2 wounds was not too big of a thing. Massive force and many attacks just made it moot.

It was really fun to finally play with fully painted armies though, the Imps are just stunning to see up close.

Edited by MadEdric

• 2 weeks later...

How did the game go?

I'm an old player too and i'm still struggling to find purpose on primaris units (because i just don't know how to use them xD)

Any tips on them?

As far as end result, it was rough for the Imperial Fists. To keep things as simple as possible, my opponent and I decided to only play with Primary objectives. While that didn't matter a whole lot from the learning 9th edition perspective (I learned a lot!), it made gameplay a bit rough as the Khornate traitor heretics could press hard without worry of losing Secondary points. This was made worse by me foolishly pressing forward rather than sitting back and shooting... my 8e army was Ork Speed Freeks, and related habits don't translate to Imperial Fist gunlines very well :teehee:

As far as using Primaris, not sure I can offer tips as I'm still figuring them out myself. Each unit is far more specialized than the First Born I'm familiar with.

Your based out of Portland, OR? Where abouts do you play at or was that game a house call? I live in the Portland Metro area

Your based out of Portland, OR? Where abouts do you play at or was that game a house call? I live in the Portland Metro area

I'm in Vancouver, where I play basementhammer with a couple of buddies. I've been thinking about trying to get the occasional game in at the Ordo Fanaticus club house but traffic on I5/205/84 is pretty demotivating.

• 2 weeks later...

"Final" unit of the army done... a squad of Heavy Intercessors. For the EMPEROR!

hAcJHh4l.jpg

Time to focus on the filthy xenos greenskins ;-)

"Final unit" ;)

Really cool job as always mate

"Final unit" :wink:

Really cool job as always mate

Hey, I was self-aware enough to put "final" in quotes. The Vanguard start collecting box is very tempting. :wink:

Thanks for the kind words.

Edited by andes

• 11 months later...