30k Hobby Chat

Got a game in; first one since March. 3500 of my IV Legion, with Pert and 3x Iron Circle boys up against Horus + 10x Justarean + bunch of characters.

It was Mission 5, the one with VP depending on who controls which zone at the end of the game.

Smart deployment saw not much happening until Horus+ Co dropped into my DZ. 6 Turns of combat saw Horus survive by himself (with only 1 wound taken) with Pert down to 3 wounds and 1x Iron Circle with a single wound still sticking around. His bomb managed to kill 5x Tyrant Siege Termies, a Tac Squad, 2x Iron Circle, a Contemptor-Cortus, and a Warsmith. I managed to kill 10x Justarean, a Termie Chaplain, a Termie Praetor, and a Termie Primus Medicae. We both hilariously had Tac squads running off the board that couldn’t pass Morale. I managed to kill enough stuff to get +1VP, but I wasn’t able to contest his DZ so he is won by 2.

What really hurt me was never getting a Concussive hit through on Horus. Even just one would have given me the breathing room to kill off more of his squad faster, instead I had to keep committing more and more units to the dogpile. Pretty much from the beginning we knew it was going to be his bomb contesting my DZ and it was up to me to kill it fast enough to do other stuff, but alas, that was not the case.

Just so glad to have actually played.

I actually got the email that my book 9 was dispatched yesterday for what thats worth.

That's weird then, since iirc you live in Montreal and I live in Ottawa and mines still no dispatch email. They also never answered my email about removing the dice from it, so I guess the dice might be screwing it up.

Yeah, the only thing my order had was the Book only and, if I recall correctly, we had heard word of having a shipment arrive in the US a few months ago or something.

So, it does seem likely that the warehouse might not have received their supply of dice yet which might be whats holding the order up.

If so, lame and in a similar event, when the fancy Chapter-Specific Codex:Space Marine Limited Eds came out I initially got an Imperial Fists one but wanted to change it for a White Scars one like a split second after purchase and contacted them and was told that I couldnt modify my order once it was made even if they had ample stock of the ltd. ed White Scars version still left.

Odds are thats whats happening vis-a-vis yeeting the dice from your order, sadly.

I actually got the email that my book 9 was dispatched yesterday for what thats worth.

That's weird then, since iirc you live in Montreal and I live in Ottawa and mines still no dispatch email. They also never answered my email about removing the dice from it, so I guess the dice might be screwing it up.

Yeah, the only thing my order had was the Book only and, if I recall correctly, we had heard word of having a shipment arrive in the US a few months ago or something.

So, it does seem likely that the warehouse might not have received their supply of dice yet which might be whats holding the order up.

If so, lame and in a similar event, when the fancy Chapter-Specific Codex:Space Marine Limited Eds came out I initially got an Imperial Fists one but wanted to change it for a White Scars one like a split second after purchase and contacted them and was told that I couldnt modify my order once it was made even if they had ample stock of the ltd. ed White Scars version still left.

Odds are thats whats happening vis-a-vis yeeting the dice from your order, sadly.

Makes sense, the radio silence is extremely frustrating.

Makes sense, the radio silence is extremely frustrating.

I also ordered Book 9 and dice (and the Lion...) and haven't received my dispatch notice. So that might be what's doing it?

I remember a few weeks ago they did a warcom article about Forge world being back in production but the US store is still sold out of pretty much everything. I got an email about Leviathans being back in stock but when I went to order they were were still sold out. Is that happening to other people too? Kind of frustrated with the continuous lack of communication about what’s going on with the US side. The 40K products are the same way.

Got a game in; first one since March. 3500 of my IV Legion, with Pert and 3x Iron Circle boys up against Horus + 10x Justarean + bunch of characters.

It was Mission 5, the one with VP depending on who controls which zone at the end of the game.

Smart deployment saw not much happening until Horus+ Co dropped into my DZ. 6 Turns of combat saw Horus survive by himself (with only 1 wound taken) with Pert down to 3 wounds and 1x Iron Circle with a single wound still sticking around. His bomb managed to kill 5x Tyrant Siege Termies, a Tac Squad, 2x Iron Circle, a Contemptor-Cortus, and a Warsmith. I managed to kill 10x Justarean, a Termie Chaplain, a Termie Praetor, and a Termie Primus Medicae. We both hilariously had Tac squads running off the board that couldn’t pass Morale. I managed to kill enough stuff to get +1VP, but I wasn’t able to contest his DZ so he is won by 2.

What really hurt me was never getting a Concussive hit through on Horus. Even just one would have given me the breathing room to kill off more of his squad faster, instead I had to keep committing more and more units to the dogpile. Pretty much from the beginning we knew it was going to be his bomb contesting my DZ and it was up to me to kill it fast enough to do other stuff, but alas, that was not the case.

Why did your tacticals run? Lost a cc?

A lot of stuff came back into stock yesterday on the US store. So it is slowly coming back.

Transfer sheets at least are now not entirely sold out.

The normal Leviathan is in stock if you click on the item. It takes some time for it to be changed back on the filter/list. I think they might do that by hand.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

Why did your tacticals run? Lost a cc?

They survived an Orbital Bombardment from Horus then charged into the bomb unit—the same one Pert and his bots were struggling to take down—and got slapped around until only a single guy was left. Honestly, he kinda earned his right to keep failing Morale at that point. 

Edited by Indefragable

No you really don't. They are an absolute nightmare to put together.

After the first one, I promised never to go through that again.

The only reason I have a second one is because I bought it pre-built from a guy on facebook.

Edited by Dantay VI

Another day of radio silence from forgeworld. I've accepted I probably won't be getting the book anywhere on time. Which means I'll be scrounging for updated rules on here lol.

As said above, Look at the description of the dice on the Forgeworld site.

Dice will ship on 11.09.2020

Thats this Friday, so you will probably get a notice tomorrow.

Usually for preorders, the shipping label is created prior to the day it ships.

Hopefully they do ship out tomorrow, but they may not, which would be a little disappointing to have that delay the book and all.

It may be just volume of orders though. I'm certain they got quite a few.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

Another day of radio silence from forgeworld. I've accepted I probably won't be getting the book anywhere on time. Which means I'll be scrounging for updated rules on here lol.

My main complaint is the radio silence from customer service for over a week when I asked them to modify the order. Yes, covid affects everything. But answering emails isn't very hard, regardless of location. If it's not possible to modify/cancel an order right now because of covid, let me know. Explain the option that are available to me currently. Provide customer service.

And while I was out doing errands between posts, I did get a confirmation of shipment. Presumably with the dice. So at least I'll be getting the book next week.

My main complaint is the radio silence from customer service for over a week when I asked them to modify the order. Yes, covid affects everything. But answering emails isn't very hard, regardless of location. If it's not possible to modify/cancel an order right now because of covid, let me know. Explain the option that are available to me currently. Provide customer service.

And while I was out doing errands between posts, I did get a confirmation of shipment. Presumably with the dice. So at least I'll be getting the book next week.

How can it be over a week, when you could order the book only last friday? 

Thats only 6 days, while it was said, that answering emails can take up to 10 days.

How can it be over a week, when you could order the book only last friday? 

Thats only 6 days, while it was said, that answering emails can take up to 10 days.

It's called hyperbole, the kids do it all the time. Taking up to 10 business days to answer emails? How does that work with their policy of "If your order has not yet shipped, a full refund will be processed within 3 working days of your notice being received."? Note that I just wanted my order changed; answering is courtesy that would have helped, but performing the task requires no manual answer, simply an updated automated order form. 

They are horrible about answering emails...  Spend the $14 to call England...

Sadly not an option due to covid :whistling:

Kitbashed Deathstorm Drop Pod. 

Hidden Content

Deathstorm DP Kitbash 1

Deathstorm DP Kitbash 2

Deathstorm DP Kitbash 3

I'd give it a 5/10, especially since my original goal was to have 2x wracks of missiles per door. But considering that the goal was to spend as little money and effort as possible....I'll boost my rating to a 8.5 because the Lithuanian judge is a sucker for a good underdog story.