30k Hobby Chat

https://imgur.com/a/3Ta6bEi

Conversion for Marduk Sedras's "Death of Worlds". It's comically large basically but the description says that it is, however the question remains: Does/would this conversion pull you out of the game?

Lemme know what you think!

Also it has to be cleaned up at the bottom still to look flush.

If you Like it, its ok. For myself it would be to chaotic in style.

Personly i would use the same size and do my own blade like some animeswords.

https://imgur.com/a/3Ta6bEi

Conversion for Marduk Sedras's "Death of Worlds". It's comically large basically but the description says that it is, however the question remains: Does/would this conversion pull you out of the game?

Lemme know what you think!

Also it has to be cleaned up at the bottom still to look flush.

If you Like it, its ok. For myself it would be to chaotic in style.

Personly i would use the same size and do my own blade like some animeswords.

https://imgur.com/a/yGcMk85

How's he looking now in ya'lls opinion? Cut off the daemonic looking extra bits. Added a longer handle. Cut the length down some, although debatably it could come down a little more. Happier with it, but am very curious what ya'll think.

The purity seals break it slightly for me, although I know those molded ones can be a real pain to get off. I'd've tried to take the wax off though to make it look more like a pinned oath of the moment.

Other than that, looks real good. I really do think the umbras help a lot with that, makes it look like they have a different context.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

The purity seals break it slightly for me, although I know those molded ones can be a real pain to get off. I'd've tried to take the wax off though to make it look more like a pinned oath of the moment.

Other than that, looks real good. I really do think the umbras help a lot with that, makes it look like they have a different context.

I'd paint the wax purple, or the same color as the paper, to try and make them look like an Oath of Moment.

Makes sense, looks great. It doesn't bother me really.

Have Monday off for holiday in the US, so hoping to get some work done on my SW legion. I've started on a half squad of MK III to be Grey Slayers, and will try to also start the actual Grey Slayer kit I have basecoated and ready

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

Happy day, happy day. I finished up my Spartan. Right on the pre-order day of book 9. Excited, excited immensely. 

bjRSa4O.jpg
VqQ7wBr.jpg

Couple more shots on my thread you can check out via the banner below. C+C is welcome! More treads to come, many many more treads. I should work on my Dark Angels now that i'm getting their/our book, but... BAH!

Happy day, happy day. I finished up my Spartan. Right on the pre-order day of book 9. Excited, excited immensely. 

bjRSa4O.jpg

VqQ7wBr.jpg

Couple more shots on my thread you can check out via the banner below. C+C is welcome! More treads to come, many many more treads. I should work on my Dark Angels now that i'm getting their/our book, but... BAH!

That Dark Angel on the side has the wrong color. :tongue.:

Just got some from friendly online retailer. But they were out of stock for ages

I found one site with them in stock, they wanted £32 posted, which means that it's genuinely cheaper to buy from GW. An experience I'm not used too!

bjRSa4O.jpg

VqQ7wBr.jpg

That Dark Angel on the side has the wrong color. :tongue.:

Except it's not a Dark Angel, it's a Salamander. I did a Dark Angel on the OTHER side of the hull, it even has the wings on the forehead.

IjhuW0R.jpg?1

bjRSa4O.jpg

VqQ7wBr.jpg

Great work! 

Oh man.... The weathering on that Spartan is just -chef's kiss- Perfect!

In regards to the recent pre-order: I got myself Book 9, 2 sets of the Dark Angels dice (probably should get the Night Lords dice sometime soon) and..... Two of the Lion :lol:

Oh man.... The weathering on that Spartan is just -chef's kiss- Perfect!

In regards to the recent pre-order: I got myself Book 9, 2 sets of the Dark Angels dice (probably should get the Night Lords dice sometime soon) and..... Two of the Lion :laugh.:

Book and two sets of World Eaters dice for me :yes: