30k Hobby Chat

“As ship after ship from the defense fleet died, reports filtered through of hulking red eyed giants, rampaging through the lower decks...

The Imperial emissaries had warned of knights, gene-lord gods of war... not monsters.”

zwJes1L.jpg?1
blo5r8m.jpg?18fpOVbe.jpg?1

Did some work on some ZM tiles from Madgamingterrain, and decided to do some photography. Couple more shots in my thread, let me know what you all think of these shots! 

Would this be a bad place to post some homebrew fluff for an AT legio?

Fluff should be ok.

Legio Tempus Fugere, the "Time Flies". A relatively small Legio, founded almost as an afterthought of their more infamous kindred in the Psi-Titans of the Ordo Sinister, these god-engines similarly have their roots in the rare and arcane technology of the Dark Age but with a very different purpose. From the earliest days of the Great Crusade, temporal anomalies have occurred again and again, from the entropic threat of the Hrud, to bizarre Warp anomalies that upend cause and effect. The Tempus Fugere was founded to act as a last resort, should such threats ever require direct god-engine intervention to contain. Almost always Warhound class- or smaller- due to scaling issues with the techno-arcana used to grant their unique abilities, the Legio Fugere is capable of delaying- if not outright ignoring the effects of temporal anomalies that would have confounded, displaced, or outright unmade more conventional god-engines. Banks of Brooks-Dyson Fundament Anchors bristle along their backs, sharing space with Akliov Projectors and technoarcana worth more than a subsector's tithe- and far rarer and more irreplaceable.

Their armament is often no less esoteric- some among their number are armed with irreplaceable relics of the Dark Age. Among these, a chosen few bear the unhallowed and darkly rumored Unmaker Cannons, capable of tearing massed formations from the timestream, ensuring that the Legio's enemies are not simply slain, but completely and retroactively removed from existence. These relics are few in number- and there are often disturbing inconsistencies associated with their use- and even their maintenance.

The Legio Fugere, then, was an expression of the Emperor's overwhelming ambition: not simply to build an empire, but to remake history itself in his own image, regardless of the nature of the threat to that dream. The Legio's role in the dark days of the Heresy would be forever ambiguous, but it is known that many of them fought- and triumphed over at unimaginable cost- the possessed Tzeentch Warlord Titan Reweaver of Threads during the Siege, when the daemonic machine threatened to undo the very chronology of the war.

The history of the Legio Fugere is fraught with contradiction and unrecorded mysteries. The most reputable account is that of the last survivors of the Jovian 7th, who reported salvation during the Voidsunder catastrophe at Purgation in the form of bronze god-engines of uncommon speed and precision matching no conventional Legio's recorded deployments or heraldry. These unknowns struck down all opposition from the unclassified and previously unknown "mirrorwraith" xenoforms, seemingly contemptuous of the abominations and their previously unchallenged abilities to redirect and contort the fabric of spacetime.

Recovered archives of the memory-dumps of Kelbor Hal's inner circle after the retaking of Mars during the Scouring suggest there were those among the Martian Mechanicum who- in defiance of Imperial edict- would display a keen interest in the identities of these repurposed god-engines and the artifice of their reforging, seeing in their archaeotech both endless possibilities and a bitter reminder of the Emperor's denial of their ambitions and rights. Most records agree that the Legio Fugure generally deployed in relatively small formations, most often resembling the widely seen Lupercal Light Maniple with triads of reforged Warhound variants acting as a swift and mobile strike force, trusting in the arcane technology they bore and speed of engagement to carry the day. These Tempus Warhounds would deploy with well-practiced precision, striking out at their pre-designated targets with cold, directed, purposeful intent. Not for the Legio Fugere the grinding siege or clash of engines- they were a stiletto blade, crafted for singular purpose and thrust into the festering heart of foes that few others could engage and emerge whole or sane. In some ways, this singularity of purpose would lead to a perhaps inevitable outcome over the course of the Crusade and the horrors of what was yet to come.

I have been busy printing off unit cards for use with the new Epic ruleset Imperius Dominatus

It's essentially a free, 30k-focussed version of Epic Space Marine (the one with order tokens) made by the guys behind NetEpic Gold, who have kept a fan-run version of that ruleset running for many, many years after GW stopped production. 

The idea is that basically anything that is in the FW books has a 'unit equivalent', and equivalent power level, within this game. So Destroyers, all the tank variants, even Primarchs! And all of the Legions have specific traits according to their methods of war. 

So far only the Legions are available but some Xenos races are coming soon (starting with Orks, which are due for release any time around now), so the Great Crusade can be represented as well as the Heresy. 

So if you used to like Epic scale, or love the idea of literally entire companies of Astartes fighting amidst Titan Legions, make sure you check it out! :) 

I've been in a serious 30k funk due to a bottleneck with some supplies. Especially this time of year I'm itching to crank stuff out, but alas, patience is a virtue.

i know that feel, luckily this year ive been on an absolute bender of hobby productivity ive started 4 armies finished 2 at over 2.5k points each. Started using a new technique (oil washes) and generally done more hobby in 1 year that ive done in all the years since 4th ed. Ive also painted 4 tanks for Bolt action a ww2 28mm game.

I've been in a serious 30k funk due to a bottleneck with some supplies. Especially this time of year I'm itching to crank stuff out, but alas, patience is a virtue.

i know that feel, luckily this year ive been on an absolute bender of hobby productivity ive started 4 armies finished 2 at over 2.5k points each. Started using a new technique (oil washes) and generally done more hobby in 1 year that ive done in all the years since 4th ed. Ive also painted 4 tanks for Bolt action a ww2 28mm game.

I hear ya. I’ve done a crapload this year as well, but I’ve hit a snag for now with heresy. Been doing Sisters in 40K just to keep the juices flowing...first time I’ve gotten stuff just for the painting experience. It was them or the Lion/I Legion, but I couldn’t stomach the FW pricing at the time.

I am in a hobby slump for a month or two as well now currently. Cranking out like a tank a month or something like that currently. But still its going forward, which is cool since it adds more options to the army.

Sarabando: how do you decide what to build for in such smaller projects? I seem to struggle with lists below 3k and always want to have some options for what I paint.

I am in a hobby slump for a month or two as well now currently. Cranking out like a tank a month or something like that currently. But still its going forward, which is cool since it adds more options to the army.

Sarabando: how do you decide what to build for in such smaller projects? I seem to struggle with lists below 3k and always want to have some options for what I paint.

i start with a smaller army like 500 or 1k with a theme and then i just keep adding stuff on with no plan or reasoning :D

my next army will be a fully 3d printed night lords army that will be

consol

Moritiat

2 apothecary

1 x 5 destroyers

2x 10 assault marines

bang on 1k points

Impending third time off on furlough so going to be productive.

Need to add the shoulder pads to the last of my Slayers (for now) and paint them up, sort some bases for my TDA Praetor and Command Squad, assemble (possibly magnets in the arms/wrists, never magnetised before) and paint them.

To assist me I've just ordered a bunch of hobby tools as my clippers etc are about ten years old and blunting. Also will be trying out the citadel mouldline tool as I find a hobby knife sometimes a little too easy to remove stuff you want to keep.