30k Hobby Chat

Anyone else think the leaked Primaris bikes would look amazing with MkII/ MkIII-armoured Outriders in 30k? The blocky, brutal aesthetic looks very Heresy to me, there's little to visually identify them as Primaris designs as far as I can tell (apart from the riders)

aj3d.jpg

Jeah he looks awesome!

In other news three chunky bois are gettong ready to shell traitors and chew bubble gum. Sadly the bubble gum had to be replaced by more traitors

Metals need to be washed and highlited and pigments still need to be done:

http://imgur.com/a/PlZu7h5

@Marshal Vespasian, those Vindicators are looking solid, I need to get myself a squadron, they're such cool tanks.

@Aztek The Bloody Baron looks cracking, I can imagine him riding down weaker warriors and species, drinking in their terror. Very much a dark counterpart to the fifth and first legions.

@Iron Hands Fanatic Agreed, they'd be cracking for anyone looking to truescale a 30k force too.

I dont even play 40k more than twice a year anymore and I want that box for my templars....

Gonna make the Bikerd carry chain lances and the sgt gets a little pennant on his....

Back to the topic pf heresy: I still have an old Metal emperors champion unbuilt floatibg around. I think he might become a warmonger or champion for my fists. I am gravitating to giving him a solarite gauntlet then.

Anyone else think the leaked Primaris bikes would look amazing with MkII/ MkIII-armoured Outriders in 30k? The blocky, brutal aesthetic looks very Heresy to me, there's little to visually identify them as Primaris designs as far as I can tell (apart from the riders)

aj3d.jpg

Honestly, I'm wondering how hard kitbashing them with Outrider parts would be and how well they'd mesh, visually.

aj3d.jpg

Honestly, I'm wondering how hard kitbashing them with Outrider parts would be and how well they'd mesh, visually.

Yeah, same here - I'm just hoping the new starter set they're in is also subdivided into multiple easy-to-build kits like Dark Vengeance was so I can grab some of them relatively cheap (I know the Outrider kit is based off the Scout Bikes, so having a set of those means you'd have the scout bikers spare as a starting point for riders?)

Well, we've got a painted image of the Outriders:
101012239_2642627976057825_8418769665534

I think the biggest issue would be the sizing. Primaris have MUCH longer legs than Firstborn, and marginally longer arms. But the Truescalers will have a field day with these lads, I can already see it :yes:

Edited by Gederas

How many generations of bike kits have now been made, and they still haven't made one that is even remotely feasible as a machine :biggrin.:

"Hold on a moment there traitor, while I perform an 18-point turn in the road"

It does look cool though ! (although still think that original Vincent Black Shadow is the one to beat :wink: )

How many generations of bike kits have now been made, and they still haven't made one that is even remotely feasible as a machine :biggrin.:

"Hold on a moment there traitor, while I perform an 18-point turn in the road"

It does look cool though ! (although still think that original Vincent Black Shadow is the one to beat :wink: )

To be fair, the front wheel does look like it's articulated so it can be raised/lowered.

But yeah, the bikes are always very chonky

Haha didnt get to do it yesterday or this morning, but I did do a few brushstrokes on sigismunds robe. Might finish that today. Mainly I need to start airbrushing his armour.

The aim is to have him finished by next friday. Since I have the weekend and holiday shift coming up I am not sure how much time I can manage on the weekend.

Just grabbed two packs of OOP Space Wolf torsos.

I think I missed out on them when they were in production (I'm sure I've got at least one torso that I bought individually somewhere in my bits boxes) and they're perfect for my characters, especially using the Morkai ones for my Speakers of the Dead.