Henry Cavill Custodes

Dark_Master

Officially my new favourite actor!

When it comes to endearing to a niche group of nerdom/geek culture he definitely is up there. Sign him up to work with a Keanu Reeves in a new Netflix series (what IP would you want to see!?), and you've got a slam dunk on guaranteed viewership!

Inquisitor Reeves and Ultramarine seconded to the Deathwatch Cavill.

Make it happen.

=][= Please keep in mind that this is a Warhammer 40'000 forum; thus, please stick to discussing Henry Cavill and his involvement with this game/IP and not any other. Thank you. =][=

Sorry to be that guy but I dont see the big deal. Loads of celebs are into the hobby. Now if he donated a mini he painted to Poppys Angels for a raffle or just did some charity work within the hobby then yea Ill be all happy n :censored:. As it stands I really dont understand how the fanbase is all a tizzy. Im probably gonna get hung for this comment but I dont even think he can act.

No doubt Im gonna get loads of comments telling me Im wrong and why he is the greatest actor ever and why him posting one picture is the greatest thing to happen to this hobby since 8th ed. 

Edited by Dosjetka
=][= Removed non-40k comment. =][=

Warhammer is less of a "Dirty secret" these days. I ask all the guy's i work with to get me warhammer vouchers for my birthday and stuff, was funny learnt my colleague was a LOTR enthusiast to, actually gave us something to talk about and bond over. 

Edited by The_son_of_Dorn

My wife pointed the link out to me. She obviously knows about my 'preferences' (read as 'geeky' hobbying to use her terms)

Nice to see some positive mainstream attention - doesn't really matter to me who it was doing it. 

Sorry to be that guy but I dont see the big deal. Loads of celebs are into the hobby. Now if he donated a mini he painted to Poppys Angels for a raffle or just did some charity work within the hobby then yea Ill be all happy n :censored:. As it stands I really dont understand how the fanbase is all a tizzy. Im probably gonna get hung for this comment but I dont even think he can act.

No doubt Im gonna get loads of comments telling me Im wrong and why he is the greatest actor ever and why him posting one picture is the greatest thing to happen to this hobby since 8th ed. 

I think it's because he is unashamedly open about his hobbies. I personally think he's a level headed and open gamer who is a good role model for those that feel a bit embaressed or awkward talking about their hobbies regardless of their age.  People are just excited at the unexpected reveal that he not only paints 40k stuff but revealed the faction he is into and is into the lore. It's always cool to see someone influencial turn out to be just like the rest of us. It makes them more relatible.

It's been the same for years any time anyone famous has come out and shown support for the hobby, I remember being shocked when Brian May and his son had a tour of the studio.

Plus we just officially just got Superman on team 40k... :tu:

Alive at least. Robin Williams was big into Warhammer as well.

Dont think he ever shared photos though?
His daughter, Zelda, did.

Apparently it was well-known in the west-coast Warhammer circles that sometimes Robin Williams would just.... Show up for games at stores or events with his Eldar.

His Hot Pink and Yellow Eldar.

Because of course Robin Williams would have Hot Pink and Yellow Eldar :lol: