Henry Cavill Custodes

Dark_Master

Alive at least. Robin Williams was big into Warhammer as well.

Dont think he ever shared photos though?
His daughter, Zelda, did.

Apparently it was well-known in the west-coast Warhammer circles that sometimes Robin Williams would just.... Show up for games at stores or events with his Eldar.

His Hot Pink and Yellow Eldar.

Because of course Robin Williams would have Hot Pink and Yellow Eldar :laugh.:

He had several armies but he never played a game himself according to an AMA with him.

Do you have anything to substantiate this claim?

Even though it's Bell of Lost Souls.... Here

Also, he had a bunch of Armourcast titans:

DdRTWPCU8AA-qRL.jpg

DdRUYuUVwAErMW2.jpg

DdRUYx7VwAEgb9m.jpg

DdRPhiqU0AEYIyH.jpg

Also another thing from someone on another forum:

In 1994, when I was living in ElCerrito,CA... I ran into him at the Berkeley bookstore (across the street from the UCBerkeley campus) and discussed miniature painting and heraldry with him.

By his own admission, he could afford to buy any miniature he wanted and couldn't paint to save his own life. So, his 'armies' (very plural!) Were composed of any fully painted miniature that striked his fancy.

He was very proud of his collection, and even took photos of his collection and/in various game battles. Which he kept in a black binder/photo album. Which he let me look at.

Combined with the local gossip of the time, I can venture the following 'opinions'...

1)His biggest army was definitely Chaos. (An uneven mix of mostly Khorne, some Tzeench, and a squad or two of Nurgle forces. Lots of ogres and chaos champions. No skaven, but many Chaos Beastmen. (Mostly ALOT of the freakier looking metal minis.)

2)His favorite spacemarine chapter was Ultramarines. (But, sadly,... not understanding the heraldry very well,... he had erroneously included a large number of Crimson Fists in them by mistake.) When choosing forces, I think this was his favorite army to play.

3)He had a sizable Ork army. (With vehicles.) Mekboyz, grots, squigs, etc. (A full roster of everything you'd expect to see in the citadel catalogue of the time. He didn't seem to care much for goblins, gretchin, etc. But, did have some.)

4)He liked Eldar alot. He said it thought they looked very cool, and loved their designs. (I remember a lot of Striking Scorpions, Dark Reavers, and Swooping Hawks.) Had a few of those old Armorcast vinyl eldar grav tanks.

5)He had a genestealer force. (Combined randomly with Chaos, if he needed to fill out points.

6)a Tyranid force. (Same as the genestealers, but large enough to be it's own army. Included a good number of Screamer-Killers.)

7)at that time he had started buying Dark Eldar. (Had a fewWyches, etc.)

8)he had a sizeable imperial force also. (Rhinos. Devastaters. 3 full sized (Armorcast) Titans. Wherever he had a imperial guard unit, he had an attached commisar.)

He usually gamed in private homes. (Lawyers. Store owners, etc. Other affluent players.) Because playing in public, would usually end in the game being called off because of being mobbed by fans. Even at conventions. (Also because, only affluent people could afford to buy enough models to challenge his army at full force.)

I can only imagine that his collection grew enormously, after that. (As much money as he pumped into the hobby, I can only imagine that his daughter has her work cut out for her!)

Only talked to him for thirty minutes, but he struck me as a very nice (but very 'private') person. Had kind words to say about my father being sick. Spoke alot about charities. I'm sorry he is gone.

Just check the actual AMA posted from his verified account on reddit. :sweat:

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1n41x1/robin_williams_its_time_for_a_convoluted_stream/

I have several Warhammer armies. But I have never actually played the game. Specifically, Warhammer 40K.

Edited by Panzer

Great advert for the hobby. GW would be stupid not to reach out to him after this. This just further helps make the hobby more mainstream

After reading the above Robin Williams discussion, I forgot who the original topic was about, and was thinking of how to break the news to you.