Your total army in points

My Philosophy is that once you have more than 4,000 points I'd rather start a new army.

I just think that 12,000 points of X is less interesting that 4,000 of a, b & c

Ideally they should also be very different armies, in look and how the play. just my 2 cents

Eldar  ~ 4,500

Deathwing ~ 3,500

Deamons 2,500  

I think I have something like 2k-3k assembled for my Renegades&Heretics (depending on how I run them as) and easily twice that much still left to build on my pile of shame (is it really a pile of shame when the models are in a different country and everything is in lockdown? :P ).

Since Conquest is finally coming to Portugal, my family will likely be storing a few Space Marines and Death Guard as well, which will have to wait patiently until I end up returning from my current international adventure. Might end up running everything as the baddies in the end :D

I need to do the calculation but it seems hard to do as I tend to use the same model as different roles depending what is going on the table and a lot of points can be done by stuff that isn't necessarily visible on the model.. like a spare pistol...

I've built, painted and sold over 10K Chaos. 5 Armies.

I had over 6K of Dark Eldar. 5th was the absolute peak of the game for my play group, and we all built a lot of Models during that version.

I now have mostly a scattering of models, but enough to field a decent AdMech list that I will be expanding shortly.

The regret I have over all the sold Chaos models...painful.

I have always sold off armies/units as an absolute last resort. As you said its painful. I once had almost two chapters of Space Marines but not two chapters arnouries mind; I ordered a lagre amount of stuff to the point Darksphere had to change their website, to allow items to be ordered in quantities of more than 10 :rolleyes::biggrin.: over the years though I perhaps 50% of it off, I actually made my money back due to the price rises that went on.

boxes 001.jpg

I love seeing large collections and as some one who has played a lot of large apocalypse games I enjoy using them in battle.

After communing with my roster editor down in my game room, I came up with 16,391 points for my AdMech/Imperial Knights/Adeptus Titanicus army. Plus some smaller Combat Patrol-scale projects for Black Templars and Imperial Guard. Lately, I've been finding Kill Team to be up my alley.

I have 6638 points of World Eaters (going wyziwig).

• 3x Daemon Princes (2 painted)
  • 2x Khârn the Betrayers (1 painted)
  • 1x Zhufor
  • 4x Chaos Lords (1x painted)
  • 1x Exalted Champion
  • 2x Dark Apostles (1x painted)
  • 1x Master of Execution
  • 2x Master of Possession (1x painted)
  • 40x Chaos Cultists (30 painted)
  • 30x Chaos Space Marines
  • 50x Berserkers (30 painted)
  • 5x Terminators
  • 5x Chosen
  • 10x Possessed (5 painted)
  • 4x Greater Possessed (2 painted)
  • 1x Helbrute (1 painted)
  • 12x Bikers (6 painted)
  • 6x Chaos Spawn (4 painted)
  • 8x Warp Talons
  • 4x Obliterators (2 painted)
  • 1x Defiler (1 painted)
  • 2x Maulerfiend (2 painted)
  • 2x Venomcrawler (1 painted)
  • 1x Heldrake (1 painted)
  • 2x Land Raiders
  • 3x Rhinos (1 painted)

I also have 1116 points of Khorne Daemons.

• 1x Daemon Prince
  • 1x Skulltaker (1 painted)
  • 2x Bloodmasters
  • 40x Bloodletters (20 painted)
  • 6x Bloodcrushers (1 painted)
  • 2x Skull Cannons

All together it's a little over 40% painted.

Edited by Schurge

Currently:

-7300 points,give or take,of Imperial Fists (not touching weapon options on BS,so almost sure it's way more than that )

-2k points of Hawkshroud Knights almost on the nose

-Around 1750 points of Craftworld Biel-Tan

If we want to consider everything i should probably add around 200 points of Dark eldars (mostly the warriors from the 3rd edition starter [my first 40k models.Got the bunch for free from someone uninterested in them as i was a WHFB only player at that time] or whatever it was),600-800 points of Death Guard from Space Marines Conquest i still have to find a way to get rid of and whatever the point cost of a single assassin is as of now

Sadly most of the SM stuff i have is currently completly unusable (with good results) in game (looking at you 90 tacticals) and most of everything else is unbuilt

Edited by Fenriwolf

Update, it’s 4,699 points fully painted. And I got to play with it today.

Nearly 5,000 points, fully painted?? Very impressive brother! I will someday reach that level.

Also, I looked into your Eagles Eternal chapter, and I love it! Amazing color scheme and the dedication to it is top notch!

It's great seeing how many people have multiple armies, I love seeing it! I myself just started an Ork army since the lockdown happened, and I'm not far in, as of yet. Probably only 400 points. I need to get all the Ork Boyz out of the way first. Lol.

Rough numbers, in descending order by paintedness:

Thousand Sons: 3186 pts

Death Guard: 1158 pts

Black Legion: 532 pts

Fallen Angels: 333 pts (excluding some equipment)

Dark Angels: 746

Genestealer Cults: whatever Tooth and Claw's GSC plus a squad of Neophyte Hybrids turns out to be; might as well still be on sprue

So, I have about 6000 points of traitor minis plus some GSC?

Dark Angels (all three wings): about 9,000

Death Guard: roughly 4,000

Black Legion: close to 5,000 I think

Sisters of Battle: (new army) 1,200 maybe? Not added them up as I cannot field a full Battalion yet.

Ultramarines: 2,000

I wont list my 11 Fantasy/Age of Sigmar armies here.

Or the plethora of other non-GW minis own from other games...

Tau Empire: 7800 pts
Necrons: 3000 pts
Red Scorpions: 3000 pts
Guard: 2000 pts (missing some resin legs and helmets yet to buy, so not yet fully assembled)

+4 Assassins, Celestine, a few random Inquisitors and 20-something Deathwatch marines

Obviously, not even half of that is painted. I've been back into 40K 5 years ago and I've been snatching up good value boxes anytime they were on sale, for models I like.

90% of the Necrons, SM and Guard I own come from either Apocalypse, Christmas, Start Collecting or those fantastic 2017 "Armoured Assault" value boxes (transport+troop).

I'll get to half of the Tau at least by year end, but the upcoming Necrons might distract me from that :rolleyes:

Space Wolves: 4500pts 

Alpha Legion: 1000pts 

Eldar: 500pts 

The Wolves were all fully painted but I've decided that I don't really like my scheme so I am stripping and repainting them. Alpha Legion are all painted and the Eldar are one wave serpent away from being painted. 

I like to paint all the models I have before I buy anything else.

This is a tricky one, I havn't kept up to date with changing points values in 8th so I'm not sure about my less used armies.

I've started a new system of making a list in battlescribe of all my painted models for a particular army.

So far 4300 points of painted Orks.

For my other armies these are rough estimates of my painted models-

Tau 2000

Necrons 2000

Mechanicus 2000

Black Templars 2000

Ultramarines 2000

Iron warriors 40k 1500

Daemons 1500

Eldar 5000

Iron warriors 30k 3000

Nightlords 30k 1500

When I revisit each army I'll do proper calculations.