Where have the back-banners gone?

I was glad to see them gone.  The banner pole have the tendency to break if you are bit careless in the way you store them or transport them to the FLGS.  In addition, it is hard to make the banner look impressive with the banner unless you have mad skillz with free hand.   The sticker banner that came in the 2nd ed box sets made them look a little tacky

I was glad to see them gone.  The banner pole have the tendency to break if you are bit careless in the way you store them or transport them to the FLGS.  In addition, it is hard to make the banner look impressive with the banner unless you have mad skillz with free hand.   The sticker banner that came in the 2nd ed box sets made them look a little tacky

Your underselling it. The sticker looked aweful. First time I played I went to pick up the sgt and snapped the banner off like it was Louis lane and I was superman.

I had that box, it was really good value at the time. No metal shoulder pads however.

I idd had several of those boxes.

Basically gave you a tc squad, 5 metal scouts and had the assault arm option from the jump pac unit. It built the armagheddon egligable 15 man crusader squad (max 10 inits and max 5 neos).

Also had one metal power sword arm.

I loved those. You did had to spend 0,05 euros as a counter weight underneath the base to counter the tipping model syndrome.

Great kit though! Wished they still sold it.

Edited by Brother Carpenter

I miss some of the pageantry of 2nd edition, back banners included.  They would just look strange in a modern 40k setting.  I wouldn't want Goblin Green bases or the garish colors from back then. Rhino banners need to return, though.