Halls of Titan - WIPs and Contemplations

Skywrath

Yay backlog time. As far as my Grey Knights go, it's not so bad. I have the following built and primed/basecoated Leadbelcher:

5-MAN Psilencer Purgator Squad

5-Man Psycannon Purgator Squad

5 Interceptors

Techmarine

Voldus

Plus 4 Old School Incinerator dudes that I need to find bases for and paint.

I've also just ordered a third Dreadnought, that I plan on extensively "pimping up" and converting as a proper GMDK. Surprise surprise I'll be going down the Swordbearers route most of the time, so the Techmarine and GMDK will be first on the list (check the list forum for my latest idea - ft. Land Raiders and Dreadknights!). Amongst other projects, I would like to get the rest of what I own done for Christmas (a little while off) and before I purchase other GK stuff.

A brand new, updated and fresh Silver Fire of Dawn challenge would reeaaally be cool (wink wink, Skywrath)! Let's celebrate our new book in style!

Hello guys, new gk player here.

I split the Hexfire box with a friend and got these minis to work with, all cleaned up and primed:

- Garran Crowe

- dreadknight with psylercer, psycannon and sword

- 5 strike squad with 4 halberds and 1 hammer

- old metal librarian termie

I still have 5 pa minis to build. I was thinking of using them as interceptors with swords and a hammer but i don't know if it might be better to use them as purifiers to accompany crowe.

What do you guys think?

I think that most players use them as they are only fast attack so a squad telleporting around the board is nice. Elites has so many options that you can do different things.

Now with that said - Interceptors and Purifiers are on my build list once I get through paint my servitors, paladins, and Terminators I have in progress. 

Hello guys, new gk player here.

I split the Hexfire box with a friend and got these minis to work with, all cleaned up and primed:

- Garran Crowe

- dreadknight with psylercer, psycannon and sword

- 5 strike squad with 4 halberds and 1 hammer

- old metal librarian termie

I still have 5 pa minis to build. I was thinking of using them as interceptors with swords and a hammer but i don't know if it might be better to use them as purifiers to accompany crowe.

What do you guys think?

To be fair, I think the best thing would be to magnetize them, if that's something you feel able/willing to do. The backpacks I mean. I do think out of the Hexfire box the best is probably to build 10 Strikes, but having the option to swap them to Interceptors later on could be useful, especially if you end up running Terminators as your Troops.

On another note, here's a kitbashed Brotherhood Champion I did from a Watch Master I had kicking about. Granted this guy got nerfed with the new book, losing his Stances hurt him but in all honesty he was never a hot pick anyways. Probably won't see a lot of play outside of super casual/intro/narrative games but I'm happy with the result so far, and he should be really fun to paint, plus now I have one of each generic Character (only missing Stern and Crowe from the named ones) except for a properly converted GMDK... the kit itself has been ordered though! Watch this space as I try to deliver something awesome! 

Bro Champ

so finally got around to building some stuff. 

• Hexfire Crowe- Well he's in sub assemblies for priming and painting.
  • Assassains (Vindicare, Callidus, Culexus, and Eversor)
  • Interceptor squad -Justicar w Daemon Hammer, 2 swords, 2 Halbreds and since my free store mini was a paired Falchion Interceptor..him too
  • I have 5 more PAGK legs on the work bench for either 10 man Purifiers or 5 man Psycannon Purgation squad

I built more than I expected this weekend

gallery_26778_16349_178648.jpg

Built all but the last Interceptor with Dual Falchions (Warhammer Store Free model) this weekend. Still Have 10 Purifiers (maybe 11 now that I have spare Justicar legs), 5 man Purgation Squad with 4 Psycannons, 5 more Terminators, 5 more Paladins, My Grand Master on foot, and my new GK Kill Team to build then I'll be done with infantry models.

Edited by war009

So built last few PAGK I had remaining that were not for Kill Team, 11 Purifiers (2 Justicars so i can run 2 5 man or 1 10 man) and 5 man Purgation Squad.

Then I had the pleasure of removing everything off the sprue

gallery_26778_16349_43504.jpg

This bin and pile of sprues were PAGK. I already did my GK Terminators.

Edited by war009

Decided to get over the loss of our 8th edition stuff, and re-join the ranks of the Grey Knights. They are still my faction of love. However, we feel so squishy now, it hurts - perhaps playing terminators/paladins will help. 

I don't think we're that squishy. I'm looking at the 5th Brotherhood with an Apothecary with Sanctuary for a 4++/5+++ save, that should be plenty enough to make my units stick around.

I actually had a list that had two patrols of different brotherhoods. I liked the preservers in that detachment, however my go-to-choice is either 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 6th brotherhoods. I think 3rd and 4th have a lot of potential, but we aren't seeing them.