BA and 9th Ed

I guess they could have thrown in a sprue of the indomitus ones, but people would have kicked up an even bigger fuss.

Aye, plus those models are specifically indomitus crusaders, as they have the sculpted IC icon on thier left gauntlet. The normal Assault Intercessor kits do not :)

• 3 weeks later...

I like what I am seeing.  Shock assault + savage Echoes + Red Rampage + Black Rage + Astartes Chainswords + base 2 (or is it 3?) attacks oh, and I'll add might of heroes. PDC will be bonkers with tall of that and the Assault Doctrine. That's 8 or 9 attacks? 

I think this could make some one start to cry. 

I hope there is a strat to let them fight twice. 

its up

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/11/23/descent-of-angels-new-blood-angels-rules/

It's... either the same as before or technically worse from what I've seen.

I’d agree on the technically worse part...Red rampage seems less useful for a once per game ability. Would’ve preferred an extra pip of AP per default in any phase.

Red Rampage would be objectively worse if the core rules had stayed the same... it 9th =/= 8th and many abilities across the board have been toned down. 

We’ll have to see what the Supplement provides in full, but I’m worried that some of our personality and flavor may be lost. 

The lost relics for sure do count, I might wager.

Depends, will we still have 6 unique relics? Then no, it doesnt mean we lost flavour

Note, I dont equate power to flavour.

5, including the Icon. Most likely we’ll keep the SIW (4 unique, 4 generic) though. That’s still a decent amount of relics gone. Speculation could argue that we’ll lose the sarcophagus as well just because wolves lost some of their stuff as well, coming from the index.

I like what I am seeing.  Shock assault + savage Echoes + Red Rampage + Black Rage + Astartes Chainswords + base 2 (or is it 3?) attacks oh, and I'll add might of heroes. PDC will be bonkers with tall of that and the Assault Doctrine. That's 8 or 9 attacks? 

I think this could make some one start to cry. 

I hope there is a strat to let them fight twice. 

It's 6 attacks.  7 (on one model only) with Might of Heroes - unless we get Unleash Rage back. 

Its nice.  And great for 1W models.  Not bad for everything else.  WS still trash us with their Assault Doc in terms of damage output. 

Edited by Morticon

Master Artisan I would argue is vastly superior to the old version. We can still use it to get the +1D using the Master Crafted on your Thunder Hammer, but can also have an additional relic.

Isn't this exactly the same, bud?

Master Artisan I would argue is vastly superior to the old version. We can still use it to get the +1D using the Master Crafted on your Thunder Hammer, but can also have an additional relic.

It is arguably slightly better than the old version because we can have the MC Hammer, Relic AND have a Codex SM warlord trait on top. There is scope for a top-tier beatstick character there.

It is arguably slightly better than the old version because we can have the MC Hammer, Relic AND have a Codex SM warlord trait on top. There is scope for a top-tier beatstick character there.

Ahhh !! Yeh, for sure!! That +1 SM trait is spectacular! (assuming we get it!)

Makes me even more curious to know what the other WLTs will be - assuming the other relics will be the same or very similar to the pdf, now :/