9th Starter Box Speculation

So whats going to be in the box?

Looks like might well be Marines/Sisters/Necrons. My guess is 50/50 Imperium/Xenos split as Crons have more new units coming out rather than straight 3 way

Marine section might just be Assault Intercessors plus characters going by leaks and previews

Sisters inclusion is interesting...

1 full squad x10 of sisters

1x 3 man honor guard marines

5x assault intercessors

5x intercessors

x1 hq is the inquisitor

Edited by Triszin

So whats going to be in the box?

Looks like might well be Marines/Sisters/Necrons. My guess is 50/50 Imperium/Xenos split as Crons have more new units coming out rather than straight 3 way

Marine section might just be Assault Intercessors plus characters going by leaks and previews

Sisters inclusion is interesting...

<face palm at the inevitable internet reaction to the mention of "Sisters" of Battle and "3 way" in the same sentence> 

Some form of Necron HQ such as a Cryptek with Chronometron (We have the one with the cloak atm). [We only have the resin Chronoboy at the mo' - The Deathguard had a lot of characters in Dark Imperium].

One of those big Necron spider Dreadnought boys. [Dunno if this lad is an HQ or big elite so could be the big Lord of Contagion lad equivalent].

10 x New Warriors (Not sure on this might be like the pox-walkers in DI and have two units of 10 with each gun - I can't imagine them going in units of 5 but they'll want some of each weapon type but that's a lot of gun compared to the marines).

5x Triarch Praetorians [The Silent King is back and the Praetorians are his heralds].

A new Heavy destroyer. [There is one in that leaked picture I think +Bottom left+].

Edited by TootiusNootius

Id normally not expect to see Sisters mixed in but with the whole rest of the box sharing a similar statline it might be the marines to have the "chaffier" unit on their side. So maybe:

10 Sisters and an HQ (or possibly elites) choice
10 Assault Intercessors in 2 squads
3-5 of the Assaulty shield chaps 
1+ Marine hqs

On the Necron side id expect a whole bunch of warriors 10-20, a squad of the new 3 legged guys from the trailer and either the bigger version or some destroyers maybe, alongside 2-3 hqs probably at least one new type and scarabs to taste?

Really id look at the video, i strongly suspect everything included (Except he poor doomed Guard) will be in the box.

So, in that picture I count.... 10 Assault Intercessors, 3 of the Sword & Board guys, Lieutenant and Captain with Sword & Board, 3 Bikers, 3 Hellfuries (gonna call them that until they get officially named) a new Ancient and..... TWO Chaplains?

Wait. Why are there two?

Haha dont make me say monopose not etb again :smile.:

As they werent anywhere near the preview and those are 3d rends not photos am guessing bikes wont be it, theyll.be a follow up wave

Shield guy might just be one character in different angles

Nothing in the preview has been confirmed as the starter set that is the point of your speculation thread. The rendered pictures all look monopose to me including the bikes which is why I guessed this was these were the leaked images of starter set contents. Right now it's all speculation, no one knows yet so we can't outright dismiss anyone's guess because it's all opinion not fact.

EDIT: Well looks like I was mostly right. :)

Edited by Doghouse

So, in that picture I count.... 10 Assault Intercessors, 3 of the Sword & Board guys, Lieutenant and Captain with Sword & Board, 3 Bikers, 3 Hellfuries (gonna call them that until they get officially named) a new Ancient and..... TWO Chaplains?

Wait. Why are there two?

Cos one has a sword now :)

Maybe its because prayers have to be rolled for

Guessing sisters are not in the box

Or

Curveball

Theres more than one box variant

Wait. Why are there two?

5 sword and board honor gaurd.

1x master of executioners

casius

ancient

hell furies

outriders (bikes)

Wait. Why are there two?

One may be an Emperor's Champion or a new type of character.

Wait. Why are there two?

One may be an Emperor's Champion or a new type of character.

Well, the playester in the Discord I'm in said this:

"he is like a Primaris champion and not a chaplain

He is called the Judicar

And he is a beast

It’s an elite choice not an HQ

And makes an enemy unit fight last"

Well, there we go then

Edited by Gederas

Wait. Why are there two?

casius

ancient

hell furies

outriders (bikes)

Look again. Shield dude on far left is in gravis armour. Second from left is Lt with volkite pistol. Other 3 has two with helmets and one with white helmet with red stripe, thats a unit of 3

Wait. Why are there two?

casius

ancient

hell furies

outriders (bikes)

Look again. Shield dude on far left is in gravis armour. Second from left is Lt with volkite pistol. Other 3 has two with helmets and one with white helmet with red stripe, thats a unit of 3

nope. its intercessor armor.

it tricked me at first to. the hellmet, is just like the sisters helmet. the jaw slide is up. underneath it is the omnis pattern helmet.

volkite pistol is the seargent.

just like the seargents for the assault ints have a plasma

Edited by Triszin

Isn't that the Captain from the trailer on the far left?  Looks like Captain then Lieutenant to the right of him to me.

Well, the playester in the Discord I'm in said this:

"he is like a Primaris champion and not a chaplain
He is called the Judicar
And he is a beast

It’s an elite choice not an HQ
And makes an enemy unit fight last"

Well, there we go then

Thanks mate, I thought it would be something like that. :tu:

Going by helmet markings I really think its captain plus lieutenant plus 3 man unit

Could well be wrong about gravis but he has the relic shield (and is in the video on his own). And dont think a 4 man unit fits. He also has a skull in his halo, as well as an n95 mask as someone said :), guy second from left doesnt have the chest broohe/shield either

Edited by Dark Shepherd