the BIG 9th edition room

it was a simple game of "trading" which I used all tools i had. For example I was able to put the stratagem that his characters had to hit on my characters instead of my "obsec" units and i was the guy who charged first but its not great if he can trade so much more cheap units. 

And Orks are just a mess. I was just able to charge a few units which came too close to objectives and because of "engage" as one of its pics ( and he dealt to max out that secoundarie).

the firepower they have is just insane and so deadly against marines. Without Redemptors its just not possible to win against this many shots although i was not tabled and he just had luck to kill 3 of my cenbite servittors. If it all turn out normally his pick "kill characters" would have been just 3 points. If you cant deal with flyers in first round then you have no chance. 

The main problem in this list was that I had no range firepower. And the Eradicators were just bad in this matchups. Without fly in a tournament setting table the Impulsors are waste of points most times. 

All in all i was happy to play again after so long time but the lists in our club tourney were all maximum. 

BTW... I played a week ago my first game with my Custodes against Black Templars (again one guy from our club)  and although it was my first game with custodes i tabled my opponent in round 4.

Often I said marines are trash tier in a lot of discussions. But its not the truth (honestly I never saw that like it seemed) but they are extremly overcosted 

OR

all other armies are way more efficient. Custodes have all the good abilites to turn down your S, rerolls and in addition always -1 to hit. And all their weapons have dmg2 and are the perfect stateline to kill marines. Even their troops are better then our elite melee units (BGV). Orks have just an stupid amount of firepower with dmg2 and they are too cheap with -1 damage so they just need to kill your S8 weapons to criple your efficiency. 

Tyranids with that much indirect firepower...

So here we are. I would say its the normal way to go that a Marine codex which is that old turns out being played out by new books. The main sad thing is that our supplement came out in the time when marines lost their last ground on competitve games. 

Here we come to the good points:

Tannhausers Bones -> my chaplain survived all games and was just great again. 

Helbrecht performed great although he died in every game. He is not that tough because he lack of -1 damage trait or something like that but 8 wounds are the amount to survive normal duels  and he killed everything he touched. The additional Strength is okay but not that great - (still jelous when seeing Khan have +1 to wound). I am not sure with Grimaldus. With his servitors it turns out he is tough and never died but gives up secoundaries because of his retinue.  He have great abilites. But the only point why I think he is a must have --> because his buffs to redemptors. I think it would have be the better choice to make the other chaplain to mos and give him the ancient breviary in my list. 

It is sad for losing all eradicators turn1. Your opponent has some hot rolls on planes?

Generally, all the W2 marine bodies don't "trade well" now. The units with excessive damage output trade better, usually with good delivery abilities to ensure at least one phase of attacking before death. Zephyrim, genestealer, admech murderbot, etc.

I'm thankful I am not in your meta Medjorge. even if it was a tournament, it sounds really unfun to play. I'm in a ladder league right now and sitting at 2nd from the top on my rows, and I have to say almost every game I had has been enjoyable for the most part. Even fought against a Necron player that was undefeated today, and it probably was the best game of 9th I played because of how much tactics we used to just get to the bottom of turn 3. I managed to win a crushing victory because my opponent had next to nothing to deal with my blob of VVets after two charges took out a majority of his troops, and my leviathan managed to almost single handedly kill 6 of the slicey destroyers.

Also, turn out the Master of arms is better than I expected. It isn't just a free interrupt after all, turns out. "

Starting with the player whose turn is not taking place, the players must alternate selecting an eligible unit from their army and fighting with it (see below). An eligible unit is one that is within Engagement Range of an enemy unit and/or made a charge move in the same turn. If neither player has any eligible units to fight with, the Fight phase ends."

Which means, since the warlord trait makes it so my captain fights alongside all the charges, I technically get first choice over who fights first in a phase. Normally people don't have anyone who fights first as a rule, so it is almost always the charges that happen first with the defender picking after it.
Edited by Tiger9gamer

It is sad for losing all eradicators turn1. Your opponent has some hot rolls on planes?

Generally, all the W2 marine bodies don't "trade well" now. The units with excessive damage output trade better, usually with good delivery abilities to ensure at least one phase of attacking before death. Zephyrim, genestealer, admech murderbot, etc.

oh yes. his rolls in turn were crazy. Not a single d6 shot was under a 3. 2d6 used to be minimum 8. speedwaagh and indirect shooting and my eradicators were gone and he had units left to shoot at other parts of my armie.

We have mini Transhuman and it’s pretty good.

its not half as good as the Dark Angel one but its clearly better then i thought.

oh yea, it saved a lot of my marines from power klaws and str 10 damage recently. It comes in handy during times you least expect it.

probs going to be making another thread to share some thoughts I have on the Black Templars... I got a few

oh yes. his rolls in turn were crazy. Not a single d6 shot was under a 3. 2d6 used to be minimum 8. speedwaagh and indirect shooting and my eradicators were gone and he had units left to shoot at other parts of my armie.

If they were wazbommas I feel your pain. 1 of those alone can wipe a squad if they're high rolling.

If they were wazbommas I feel your pain. 1 of those alone can wipe a squad if they're high rolling.

i thik that was the name of the two.

What is your default secondaries choice after CA2022? Since the mission secondary go to primary, I think the secondaries picks are more "fixed", which need player to build list more closely around some secondaries. Oath seems a mainstay, and Raise the banners/Stranglehold has similar game plan as Oath.

What is your default secondaries choice after CA2022? Since the mission secondary go to primary, I think the secondaries picks are more "fixed", which need player to build list more closely around some secondaries. Oath seems a mainstay, and Raise the banners/Stranglehold has similar game plan as Oath.

My defaults are  Oath of moment, and I am so happy I have been taking it over fufill your vows. Aside from holding the center, it is everything I need to be playing the game anyways in terms of killing vehicles, characters or monsters, staying in fights, and providing strong support. Usually I just send an empty rhino to hold the center and my opponent ignores it, and it has an added benifit when there is an objective in the center anyways. My other ones are usually engage on all fronts since I will be charging almost anywhere and everywhere and I usually get it incidentally, and assassination because killing characters is both fluffy and advantageous. If the opponent has more vehicles I would swap it for bring it down. (If I can... I think they are the same category)

Well, just came out of a game where my Tannhauser and master of arms Marshal killed a high lord of terra, so I am pretty happy.

Also got all the parts I need for my predator annihilator tank, though I still don't know if I should magnetize it or not. not expecting too much from it, but it would be nice to have a little more anti tank shooting while keeping my tank and vehicle theme. Some day I will get a second redemptor too....

Had my first game versus crusher stampede… ended up with a solid win so I’m pleased. Terminators did soem work ! Helbrecht soloed a genestealers brood as well. Judicar did the dirty dirty to ole swarmy as well. Edited by Black Blow Fly

had a fungame against TS with 15 Terminators, 3 Psykers and 30 rubrics

my list:

Helbrecht, MoS on Bike with Anciet Breviary and Rites of war

5 Assault Intercessors with Fist of Balthus

2x 5 Incursors

10 Crusadersquad with Sword of judgement

4 heavy Eradicators with Icon of heinman

5 Bladeguards with crux obsidian and Feast Strat

5 SB with Swords and 1Claws Holy orb

5 SB with Swords and 1Claws Bones of Mordred

Chief Apo - selfless healer with crusader helmet

3 Impulsors with Multimelter

Endresult was 92: 86 for my Army. It was a very close game and BT can be really funny if you dont try being competitive.

Helbrecht 5/5 

Chaplain 5/5

Assault Intercessors 4/5

Crusadersquad 4/5

Incursors 1/5

Crusadersquad 4/5

Chief Apo 1/5 ( my opponent had a really heavy Characterkilling psyker)

BGV 3/5

SB 1/5

Eradicators 5/5 killed more units in close combat then my SB and BGV together.