Prediction on 9th & how it will affect DA

I guess Bladeguard could have artificer armour so 2+ and storm shield so 3++

The only thing they lack to be true DW is the ability to teleport

And that is when Primaris Drop-pods get announced (or something similar)..
Maybe they give Repulsors the ability to deep-strike like they do in the books and are described as being deployed in the codices finally? :laugh.:
So i will have to field a 300 points model to teleport some DWK freebooters? :biggrin.:
I mean, how else will GW sell you an 80 dollar vehicle kit? :lol:

I already getting two repulsors at 40€ each with conquest in few months :D

But no way i'm gonna put some Bladeguards on a repulsor to teleport them when i can do the same with DWK that don't need a repulsor and they smash even harder in HtH ;)

Edited by Master Sheol

I guess Bladeguard could have artificer armour so 2+ and storm shield so 3++

The only thing they lack to be true DW is the ability to teleport

And that is when Primaris Drop-pods get announced (or something similar)..
Maybe they give Repulsors the ability to deep-strike like they do in the books and are described as being deployed in the codices finally? :laugh.:
So i will have to field a 300 points model to teleport some DWK freebooters? :biggrin.:
I mean, how else will GW sell you an 80 dollar vehicle kit? :laugh.:

GW using their imagination, borrowed from the Blue Primarch? ;p

Seriously, I might have to pick up another repulsor though..

Completely unrelated, but here are today's notes from today's twitch chat, how do we feel about that? 

1. Overwatch now costs 1CP. It didn't mention chapters by name, but they did say Ultramarines have a strategem where other nearby units can join in on said overwatch.

2. Terrain now have two new rules added to them - hold steady, and set to defend. Hold steady, overwatch hits on 5's, set to defend, add 1 to your hit rolls next turn. 

Might have been more notes to add, before I got bombarded with twitch adds every refresh.. -_-

They look cool, but I would have preferred gravis guys.

I doubt they will be deathwing without being deathwing. A few guys have been getting promoted already, so they could just be these dudes. I would think dw have a similar knowledge structure to the rw and the seven rites of the raven. These guys could just be in Fallen 101: Intro to Basic Truth

I wonder how just placing these arms on something like an aggressor or the new melta guys would look.

They did say that Overwatch rules for units would be few and far between.... I would not expect many units to have it.

I sure hope the T'au get a lot of it. That is the ONE army that pretty much depends on Overwatch. These changes seriously cripple they effectiveness.

Completely unrelated, but here are today's notes from today's twitch chat, how do we feel about that? 

1. Overwatch now costs 1CP. It didn't mention chapters by name, but they did say Ultramarines have a strategem where other nearby units can join in on said overwatch.

2. Terrain now have two new rules added to them - hold steady, and set to defend. Hold steady, overwatch hits on 5's, set to defend, add 1 to your hit rolls next turn. 

Might have been more notes to add, before I got bombarded with twitch adds every refresh.. :sleep:

There was also the fact that strategic reserves can appear on your board edge within 1" of an enemy, that was from the warcom page though.

There was also the fact that strategic reserves can appear on your board edge within 1" of an enemy, that was from the warcom page though.

Now we only have to wait for that Outflank rule to emerge. If it is "deploy Strategic Reserves"-kinda thing, then those flanks gonna be pretty dangerous places. No more "10 Cultists in a straight line blocking your Reserves" from 5th-7th edition.

Edited by Darmor

I'm a little disappointed with the overwatch news... But as long they don't go back to 3rd edition consolidating into assault I think it'll be ok.

Good to know that one of the rewards for crusade is that your models gain situational awareness and a sense of self-preservation.

That might be a default selection, I'm wonder what else we'll have to pick from.

Is it just me, or does the Ancient look like he is bored to even be there in the battlefield?

I have never seen a model with less energy to it, than this ancient. I sure hope we are able to pose him differently than he is presented as.

Apart from that, why is he not taking any weapons into battle other than a reliquary of someone's hand? Is he going to use it slap those night lords to death?

Edited by Galloway

Is it just me, or does the Ancient look like he is bored to even be there in the battlefield?

I have never seen a model with less energy to it, than this ancient. I sure hope we are able to pose him differently than he is presented as.

Apart from that, why is he not taking any weapons into battle other than a reliquary of someone's hand? Is he going to use it slap those night lords to death?

Ok, I changed my mind. The model is AWESOME!

<laughs as the ancient disinterestedly b*tch slaps the heretics into submission>

Edited by Berzul

I do like the Ancient Model, we are clearly being trolled by the Forge Masters in Nottingham!

Deathwing with swords and shields... They don't look bad at all but I think I will be treating them as company Vets rather than full Deathwing... After all there are many circles within circles

oh lordy, the overwatch nerf has made terminators suddenly a lot more useful, especially against other elite infantry and vehicles. i can see deathwing knights becoming really hot sauce charging out of the correct land raider(s). im thinking the spartan assault tank, redeemer, and excelsior becoming popular land raiders maybe some other land raiders, im not too certain about the land raiders achillies and helios. the helios might be good with veterans charging out of it as opposed to terminators.

in fact i think company veterans might also be worth dusting off. their power wepaons, cheap storm shields and storm bolters might make them a big hit. and drop veterans with a sgt with melee weapons may be a good setup

Excelsior is legends (meaning probably you won't be able to use it), however I would hold off on buying the Land Raider. Seeing how the Repulsor is now in Deathwing colors, this might mean that non-primaris might be able to board it.

I believe the Repulsor being shown in Deathwing colours is not because it can transport Deathwing Terminators, but because we’re going to get rules for Primaris Deathwing.

I’ve been painting up a Spartan for my 30k 1st Legion force, it would be amazing to use it for 40k. The new FW rules they are releasing could really shake things up quite a lot.

Even Assault Squads seem more tasty with the potential increase in utility from the potential Astartes Chainsword changes, it's going to be a few months before each codex works out it's more optimal builds, more if lockdown continues, but it's going to be fun!

Yeah. There was a Black Library short which had a Firstborn Interrogator Chaplain riding in a Repulsor alongside a Primaris squad and Primaris Chaplain, so there is precedent for it. Whether that applies to terminator armour though...

Curious to think why wouldn't it apply to terminator armor? 

Edited by Skywrath

Sorry, let me clarify: the story had a power armoured IC riding in a Repulsor, demonstrating that Firstborn in PA can ride in Repulsors. However, we don’t have any Black Library support for a Firstborn in TDA riding in a Repulsor. They might be able to, but we don’t know.

Personally, if it’s Deathwing Terminators, then a Land Raider is the only way to travel :)

Sorry, let me clarify: the story had a power armoured IC riding in a Repulsor, demonstrating that Firstborn in PA can ride in Repulsors. However, we don’t have any Black Library support for a Firstborn in TDA riding in a Repulsor. They might be able to, but we don’t know.

Personally, if it’s Deathwing Terminators, then a Land Raider is the only way to travel :smile.:

Ah, I see. Wasn't there a reference to Belial riding in the repulsor in War of Secrets, come to think of things? Think there was.

Well the latest WarComm article confirms Bladeguard veterans as being members of the Deathwing! Still not enough details though. The Combined Assault stratagem avoids any explicit reference to terminators, so it may well be that these units can also deepstrike from the Teleportation Chamber. Otherwise, Deathwing Repulsors it is then...

Even though I have Deathwing Agressors and  a Gravis Master, I'm not sure about this. I kind of feel like the Deathwing should be more heavily armoured.

I had planned on doing my unbuilt repulsor in green, but now I might do it bone and get an Impulsor instead for the greenwing.

Haven't looked at things for a few days, and now these new pics of Blade Guard in a Deathwing color scheme appear...

So, what does this mean for Dark Angels, and probably any other Chapters?

All your stuff goes in the bin.

Well, you can keep the fluff, but then your fluff will, beyond a certain date, be Guilliman'd/Cawl'd into vanilla unit servitude. Essentially, you won't need specific models, and you won't even need an individual codex, because the only thing that will differentiate Dark Angels from any other Primaris Space Marine Chapter will be the color of the models and Chapter Tactics.

That's it.

So, just paint your models in the prescribed colors and you are good to go.

It will kind of be sad to see the unique kits go away, but then I can see many reasons to go this route. Look at the number of kits each army has available, and in this case let's lump all Space Marine Chapters together. We have a core of marine kits, plus specialized kits for Blood Angels, Space Wolves, Dark Angels, and Grey Knights. Then we have upgrade sprues for a number of other Chapters besides. Taken altogether, there are roughly three times the number of model kits for Space Marines of various Chapters as there are kits for any one other individual army. Essentially, Space Marines have outstanding support, and sometimes re-supported within the same game edition even, while other armies languish without equitable (i.e. proper) model support even across multiple game editions.

That is insane, as it greatly impacts interest in the game. If you want and interestingly diverse game, you better support it being interestingly diverse. GW hasn't been doing that. Even with its increased (and increasing) production capability, GW can not keep up with the number of kits it needs to update, or doesn't desire to do so any longer. I think the folks at GW saw that writing on the wall a while back, and we are seeing the backlash of all of that, which means a full reset transitioning to the utterly simple. While ripping the band-aid off might very well alienate people (a la' blowing up Warhammer Fantasy Battles, which wouldn't be desirable for the flagship game), a slower peeling off of it might not. Sure, there will be some ripping out of hairs, but it must be done.

What the new format seems to be:

- Core unit kits that all Chapters use.

- Upgrade sprues to add a little visual flavor (i.e. the current ones available, and perhaps a few new ones, as these are utterly simple to make).

- Unique rules to add a little crunchy flavor.

- New fluff explaining new stuff and explaining away former fluff/stuff.

Under this format, what we see the differences between Chapters being is minor visual differences, different color palettes, and different rules. Essentially, this new format would fall somewhere between the Horus Heresy format, where Chapters are mostly differentiated by color palette and rules, and 40k as it currently is, where Chapters are differentiated by color palette, rules, and a handful of much more specifically unique model kits. TDA will probably just go away. Reason: TDA became too difficult to maintain, but the new Mk. X variants (Tacticus, Gravis, Phobos, Omnis) are all new and fully supported. And so now we will now have non-TDA Deathwing units. We might even see a White Dwarf article showing old late-era Rogue Trader pics of Dark Angels in bone-colored power armor (I wouldn't put it past them).  While I would really like to see a new form of upgraded Primaris TDA, who knows if that will happen. If it does, it will undoubtedly be a vanilla kit, and painting the unit in Chapter colors will be the chief means of differentiation. Even if that does happen, the Deathwing will already have been fundamentally changed.