Odds on new Adeptus Astartes codex?

Hi, the previews of the new Primaris for the 9th edition starter box might be luring me over to the loyalists side at last - what would be the odds of a new space marine codex within the next year in your opinions? I think they've pretty much announced a Deathwatch codex within the first months of 9th, but I'm looking for Vanilla

the nex codex will released on end 2021 or later (far later).

The current codex is written for this edition. There is a higher possibility to see a Black Templar Codex / Supplement or even BA,DA SW get into SM-Codex then a new Space Marine codex this year.

Edited by Medjugorje

I’d rather it come out later than sooner since typical the first factions to get codices for a new edition fade in power over the course.

Death Guard wave a smelly hand in your direction 

early codex and next to nothing since puts them well down the order

I think

1.Necrons (should be clear)

2.Death Guard (need some attention and maybe the oldest codex so far)

3.Death Watch (the last loyal chapter without new rules and still teased by GW)

4.Aeldari (first PA book and there wasnt that much content in it)

5.Dark Eldar (same as Eldar)

are my top5 

They might do a Primaris codex?

That's one way of getting around the whole thing. But I doubt it will happen.

The issue is that they can't just update the codex, they need to update all the supplements too.

Edited by Ishagu

They might do a Primaris codex?

That's one way of getting around the whole thing. But I doubt it will happen.

The issue is that they can't just update the codex, they need to update all the supplements too.

I dont think so. They could write a new codex and the supplements could still work.

And a Primaris Codex will never exist. The Firstborn will be out at any time but they will be in this codex as long as you can play them and as long as GW will sell them.

Edited by Medjugorje

With the new app giving rules for the new units for all Marine factions I doubt we'll get one anytime soon, the SM codex is the last book of 8th so if Psychic Awakening was done with 9th in mind then so is this codex. We dont need a new codex and we probably wont get one for a year at least.

With the new app giving rules for the new units for all Marine factions I doubt we'll get one anytime soon, the SM codex is the last book of 8th so if Psychic Awakening was done with 9th in mind then so is this codex. We dont need a new codex and we probably wont get one for a year at least.

12 new units outside of the book, and needing to carry 5 books to play the army?

I'd say it's 100% justified to release one, or a version 2.0 of the current one that is updated for 9th fully.

Edited by Ishagu

And a Primaris Codex will never exist. The Firstborn will be out at any time but they will be in this codex as long as you can play them and as long as GW will sell them.

So bet? Which is first, Primaris Codex or Black Templar Supplement?

A Primaris codex will come eventually, but it won't be called a Primaris codex. Instead it will be called codex space marines, and all classic marines will be in legends by this point.

We're many many years away from this still, but it will be a reality eventually I think.

A black templar supplement might not come during this edition. If Psychic awakening was written with 9th in mind, then Faith and Fury will be considered current, so they won't feel the need to update it. 

Overall, I think we might see a second wave of codex supplements for marines in general (including BT) far sooner than GW will have moved all classic marines into legends

So bet? Which is first, Primaris Codex or Black Templar Supplement?

secound is my bet. (If its a codex its my victory too). But what is the price?

@Reinhard  -  they already said that PA will be replaced for each race.

Edited by Medjugorje

Well if I can find away around shipping to Germany or you to the USA I’ll buy you the BT supplement or you buy me the Primaris Codes :)

Honestly I can’t lose either way because Templar’s are my second favorite army, even more so with the Assault Intercessors. Pretty sure I see a multi-Chapter crusade in my future. ;)

Well if I can find away around shipping to Germany or you to the USA I’ll buy you the BT supplement or you buy me the Primaris Codes :smile.:

Honestly I can’t lose either way because Templar’s are my second favorite army, even more so with the Assault Intercessors. Pretty sure I see a multi-Chapter crusade in my future. :wink:

DEAL :yes: