Your grey pile of biomass/shame

Xenith

Finished a Maleceptor, added a Toxicrene to the list. Sort of. I realized the Tervigon brood-sack bit would match the "floating gasbag" thing I have going on with my Venomthropes and so a really ugly conversion was born.

Also finished that last Spore Mine. At least I finished two models to the one I added.

Edited by TheNewman

• 2 weeks later...

That's some prolific painting, ...

Moreso than it looks on paper.  That sporemine was part of a repaint batch including two Biovores and nine other mines, and there was a Marine unit between each of those posts.

I'm already involved in one painting challenge though, I like to try to not get involved in too many of those things at once 

Edited by TheNewman

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

And five Zoanthropes down.

Seriously, I should not have the last three posts in a row, I don't paint that fast and even if I did I painted a Stormspeeder, two Contemptors, ten Assault Intercessors, and built two other Dreads and a converted Chaplain on a relic jetbike in between.

• 7 months later...

Been a while here - hopefully the Bug's Life Challenge can help slay the grey! 

I've added a parasite and removed the 6 raveners, but hopefully will be crossing out the 4 big bugs I've vowed for the challenge. 

• 2 months later...

My pile just never stops growing, largely as I keep finding ways of making bitz into new creatures. For instance, the Shrikes I've been converting in spite of their total absence from the Codex...

Spoiler

BaN3mHZ.jpg

uJ1whfp.jpg

...And these Venomthropes I rather heavily converted...

Spoiler

OR0CjqR.jpg

4Xs4hXd.jpg

a3Fntcf.jpg

YGNLeAr.jpg

I should probably get some actual painting done!

Edited by Evil Eye
Duplicate image. Sweet Emperor, they're multiplying!

Smashed these two out over the last few nights:

25 minutes ago, Xenith said:

And we're done! Basing material still drying, but these guys are finished for A Bug's Life 2022! I keep forgetting how big the Tyrannocyte is, it's massive! 

large.IMG20220809210605.jpg.9fe76aebf86f5c41e302ade46627c788.jpglarge.IMG20220809210630.jpg.89d0a53b1fecd7e4f9b303bad0af802a.jpglarge.IMG20220809210704.jpg.c497ba4d162cc8ec0712eaa2915344ca.jpg

More crossed off the list of shame!

• 2 weeks later...

What colours are you thinking? The site is also a great place to post some test schemes and get some feedback. 

The first post in my nid painting log has a bunch of schemes that I tested out before deciding on the blue and white of Jabberwocky! 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the link. I'll probably go yellow and black and or blue. I've seen cool yellow and black nids and I also love the Iyanden craftworld theme. I got hobby side tracked by a ps5 and Demon's Souls. The next two weeks should be more hobby focused, so I'll start a thread this week. 

Edited by mooftak
adding text

• 3 weeks later...

Returned to the hobby in 8th edition(Psychic Awakening) so it is very small yet, but after adquring Rulebook and Codex:

• 1 Parasite of Mortrex.

Had Battle for Macragge box when it came out as a birthday present, but lost it and never got to paint more than three gaunts (That I lost when moving, so who knows where they are now). I still don't have paint or glue/magnets so its in stand-by for the moment.

Edited by Jscarlos18
spelling error

• 1 month later...
On 10/24/2022 at 10:44 AM, Xenith said:

Oh no, shame about the Battle for Macreagge set, that was quite nice at the time, though I never got one myself. What Hive Fleet are you going with?

I plan to make a custom fleet inspired by Godzilla's colours and bioluminescent fish: Black and blue. The only thing I don't know is which side do which (carapace and flesh).

Edited by Jscarlos18

Maybe a dark brown/green for the flesh then electric blue plates like Godzilla? The only way is to try out some schemes and see what works! 

Incidentally, that black/blue scheme was one of the ones I tried out when planning my nids:

gallery_58096_13272_21528.jpg

There's a whole bunch more colour-tests including blue skin black carapace in my Hive Fleet Log:

• 7 months later...