Indomitus - Close to Perfection

Schurge

It's kind of like how soldiers wear their flak over their utility uniform. I know it's a bit apples to oranges, but the concept is the same. Hard over soft can make sense. "Tabards are meant to go over the armor," well, it IS over the armor from the abdomen down. Securing it with a removable chest plate shouldn't seem that strange. It's weirder to have billowing and flimsy cloth flapping around over ceramite power armor like the BT and DA do.

Not that strange. Even with the Dark Angels comment. They're based on Monastic Knights. And the robes are evocative of both monastic robes and Knightly surcoats:

854.jpg

fh-hero-portrait-2018-knights-warden.jpg

So the Bladeguard make sense because of the whole thing with Marines being "Monastic Knights in Space"

Virtually all chapters have chaplains, they're headquartered in Fortress-monasteries, they have reclusiams full of chapter relics etc etc

The monastic monk/knight theme runs through virtually all chapters.

I could be wrong but the one thing I do like about this set is that it implies there are other types of Chaplain. It seems like the bones/ribs on the lower edge are the theme of the Reclusiam.

Eh, I'm modelling artistic yet blood thirsty space vampires riding around in floating space pickup trucks that have a habit of naming every fricking thing 'blood-something'. They think the ideal chestplate has nipples, and already like to hang cloth banners off their groins, so the bladeguard fit right in as-is.

I mean, this is an ordinary tactical squad just hanging out. With their groin banners.

99120101122_BATacticalSquad01.jpg

Edited by Arkhanist