Brother Tyler

Warhammer Community article

otvDYYlnfBFtmCvx.jpg

Take control of a squad of elite Space Marine Terminators to defend a vital shield generator from wave after wave of rampaging Orks.

1fzFBStaBLoxR2xq.jpg

Play solo or with up to 4 friends in cooperative play. Utilise the unique skills and weapons of each member of your squad and work together to win! In the box, you’ll find everything you need to play exciting games, each lasting just a half hour or so – once you learn the rules.

60W4igvvvpkCx4Gz.jpg

Keen-eyed readers will notice these models are from the Space Marine Heroes range. Each of them is cast in coloured plastic for ease of gameplay, but if you’re looking for an awesome set of Terminator models to paint, this is a great way to pick them up – along with a bonus game!

Bring Space Marine Adventures: Rise of the Orks to your gaming nights if you’re looking for an action-packed experience in the far future – and check out the website for a closer look.

This looks like a great way to get some characterful Adeptus Astartes Terminator models. The reviews I've seen of the other Space Marine Adventures game (the Necrons one) have been fairly positive, so I'm optimistic about this one.

It’s got the flamer terminator in it, he has only been available so far in the Japanese realease of heroes series 2.

Are these all variants of the heroes series terminators, or do any appear unique?

It’s got the flamer terminator in it, he has only been available so far in the Japanese realease of heroes series 2.

Are these all variants of the heroes series terminators, or do any appear unique?

They are all from SM Heroes 2, although there are a couple of models in that range which only appeared in either the Japanese OR RoW release.

The Assault Cannon and Storm Bolter guys in this game were not in the Japan set, for example.

Some of these pictures really highlight just how bad Terminator armour looks anatomically, yet somehow I still want to collect these. What is it about TDA that makes me love it despite hating the head and arm placement?

Rule of Cool, brother. Rule of Cool.

Likely won't be sold around here (same way the one they did repackaging SMH serie 1 wasn't) but still nice to see they are doing something with the models.

Got my SMH2 set from JP back in 2019 (with added fun factor that having it shipped from the other side of the world was around 4€ more than going out for a 5km walk and buying a terminator box from the local GW store) and while the bolter ones still look a bit generic,they are miles ahead of the old vanilla kits

Edited by Fenriwolf

Rise of the Orks?

I uh...

I don't see any Orks...

In the Space Marine Adventure box games, the enemies are marked by tokens due to how the game rules work (they can all be in one tile square and can continuously respawn/be reinforced). The only actual Warhammer models are the Marines because, for example, in the Tomb of the Necrons you could have upwards of 100 Necron Warriors in a single mission.

Edited by Gederas

Likely won't be sold around here (same way the one they did repackaging SMH serie 1 wasn't) but still nice to see they are doing something with the models.

Got my set from JP back in 2019 (with added fun factor that having it shipped from the other side of the world was around 4€ more than going out for a 5km walk and buying a terminator box from the local GW store) and while the bolter ones still look a bit generic,they are miles ahead of the old vanilla kits

Being sold in UK, USA and Germany mate. 

I’ll be getting it so I can lay my hands on the flamer dude. 

Got my set from JP back in 2019 (with added fun factor that having it shipped from the other side of the world was around 4€ more than going out for a 5km walk and buying a terminator box from the local GW store) and while the bolter ones still look a bit generic,they are miles ahead of the old vanilla kits

Being sold in UK, USA and Germany mate.

Yeah,just noticed they mention it in the actual site for the box

So i can cross off the "Likely" part of the above message

How many termies were in the original series?

5 (standard,TH/SS, LCs,cyclone and heavy flamer) + a captain and an ancient 

Then the "global" version came and swapped two,the flamer and the baseline one, with a different standard bolter and the assault cannon if i remember it right

Edit: forgot one,the global version came out with an extra TH/SS in addition to the original one, so 10  in total counting the characters

Edited by Fenriwolf

Some of these pictures really highlight just how bad Terminator armour looks anatomically, yet somehow I still want to collect these. What is it about TDA that makes me love it despite hating the head and arm placement?

Drop the shoulders and give it a torso/waist spacer.

They're putting actual models in this now?

I saw it at a local "Target" (or maybe it was a "Wal-Mart") and it had cardboard tokens with Orks and ultras on them as "representatives". The thing was like 40 or 50 $usd too.

EDIT: This was about a month or so back now and in the western New York region for reference.

EDIT 2: Actually it was the Necron Tomb one i saw. Don't know if the models are just "new" to this box or not however.

Edited by Wulf Vengis

They're putting actual models in this now?

I saw it at a local "Target" (or maybe it was a "Wal-Mart") and it had cardboard tokens with Orks and ultras on them as "representatives". The thing was like 40 or 50 $usd too.

EDIT: This was about a month or so back now and in the western New York region for reference.

EDIT 2: Actually it was the Necron Tomb one i saw. Don't know if the models are just "new" to this box or not however.

Tomb of the Necrons comes with 5 of the Series 1 Space Marine Heroes models (the Sergeant you can get in the normal blind boxes, running marine with knife, Flamer, Heavy Bolter and marine using Auspex). The Necrons are tokens.

I would know, I've bought two of them :laugh.:

Edited by Gederas

This is clearly another one of Games Workshop's repackaged releases that are sold to and marketed for third party sellers (and their customers) that fall outside of the usual retail venues, i.e. their own stores and FLGS

Relatively cheap, comparatively affordable and accessible ways of getting new people into the hobby through retail outlets that might not otherwise stock Games Workshop's products. 

It was a Battle Games in Middle-earth Magazine, with a Rohan miniature attached, sold in a local newsagent, that got me into Games Workshop and Warhammer in the first place. If it means new Fraters and hobbyists I'm all for it. 

Edit: Yes, the select retailers are: Barnes and Noble, America's largest bookseller in terms of retail outlets, Mayersche, Thalia and Game.

Edited by MechaMan

GAME has the release date for this as 21 September, and priced at £34.99.

Unless I’m being thick I see no way of preordering on the Game website. 

It was an option yesterday, looks like they've already pre-sold their entire allocation of stock. :rolleyes: