How do you store your collection of shame?

Scribe

I have three large plastic bins full of unopened boxes of Primaris, Custodes, Deldar, and Scions. As well as a large collection of Battleforces and unopened box sets. These are tucked away in my closet at the moment.

I have a lot of money but not a lot of time so things got out of hand... no interest in selling any of it though. I'm making my way through this collection and don't really feel discouraged. Just hate the fact that my other responsibilities waste so much time.

I have three large plastic bins full of unopened boxes of Primaris, Custodes, Deldar, and Scions. As well as a large collection of Battleforces and unopened box sets. These are tucked away in my closet at the moment.

I have a lot of money but not a lot of time so things got out of hand... no interest in selling any of it though. I'm making my way through this collection and don't really feel discouraged. Just hate the fact that my other responsibilities waste so much time.

On man, I feel you on that. I’m in the same boat. I keep buying more and more and never have time to paint. Wish I had more time...

I did just get my BlightKings done this weekend For Warcry And! then just got a set of skeleton warriors done, also for Warcry, done tonight! So there’s that. Still have 20 Necron Warriors from the starter set on my desk, primed and ready.

Oh god... sometimes I start a new project, need a good box for it then think "the box for my half-beastmen army would be a better fit for this project". then spend an hour swapping around what half-project is in which box, stopping to ruminate on those old ones.

Maybe I have a new bit or character that would work for the old project, I suppose I could set some aside in my wip pile... I always wanted this or that other kit to add to them...

Damnit now the new project has switched places with the old!

To answer OP's question, a collection of cookie tins and game boxes all tetrised together at the top of various closets. I keep my bits mostly in army-themed ziplocks I pour out into a tray when I need to dig around in them. only "current" projects get the organizer boxes.

Edited by Syrakul

Bookshelves. I started going paperless about five years ago, and my bookshelves are all taken up by my Pile of Shame now. Anything that's still on sprues (most things) is still boxed, and the rest is in resealable bags and bubblewrap and packed into repurposed Amazon and GW mail order boxes. I have a shelf for things I'm actually building at the time, and those are in plastic containers - although they're mostly also in labelled bags, because they're in sub-assemblies.

I've reached a point where I've stopped buying more models - mostly - while I try to work through the ol' pile. Unless it's time-sensitive or pertinent to a kitbash I want to do on a current project, I'm going to hold off on getting it until my shelves look more "hobbyist" than "independent retailer".

My pile of shame is:

In closet in second bedroom

In upper shelves of second linen closet in foyer

Under my work/computer desk and bits box next to me and over by my 6 draw dresser  I have boxes filled with partially built Ultramarine full companies.  

On my desk on other side of the master bedroom with 200 of my 1/35 scale unbuilt armor kits.   :biggrin.:

I have an angel for a wife.   :yes: :teehee: :biggrin.:

Edited by Redrandy93