Si Vis Pacis Para Bellum. Something Big (sorta clickbait) :D

space wolf

Thanks gents, this was a marathon, but I got them done.  One more squad and I'll have 4 intercessor squads, which I think is enough...you guys tell me, as I haven't played a game in 9th yet.

Brother Marcellus

swKt0se.jpg

CrjNrKM.jpg

Uqa5uZw.jpg

DgXiszN.jpg

Brqv9mZ.jpg

C&C welcome, thanks for stopping by!

Excellent work on Marcellus' model. Is that an auxiliary grenade launcher mounted under his bolt rifle? Games Workshop's model looks so wimpy, compared to real-world auxiliary weapons, e.g., the M26 Modular Accessory Shotgun System- look at the long magazine that suggests the ammo it uses provides the weapon with great range and/or hitting power, and the large muzzle that suggests its shells (when loaded with FRAG-12 grenades) bear large amounts of explosives! What has Games Workshop's designers been looking up instead, "mouse guns"?

Lol, not sure. My personal experience has led me to use the M203, which was a grenade launcher that had an effective range of about 140 meters. It isn't too dissimilar to what that marine model has, but the barrel IS longer than what is shown.

Lol, not sure. My personal experience has led me to use the M203, which was a grenade launcher that had an effective range of about 140 meters. It isn't too dissimilar to what that marine model has, but the barrel IS longer than what is shown.

My main issues are the fact the auxiliary grenade launcher's revolver cylinder is no longer than that of the bolt rifle magazine, and the muzzle is no wider than that of the bolt rifle, suggesting the weapon fires the same ammunition as that of the bolt rifle, making it a pointless add-on.

If Games Workshop's sculptor scaled up the design- again, compare the M203 grenade launcher muzzle to that of any rifle it's mounted on- I wouldn't mind it. But he or she didn't, and I'm stuck with the impression the auxiliary grenade launcher is dead weight.

Yeah that makes sense, the bigger question is, when your rifle shoots explosive rounds, why do you need a grenade launcher? There are other ways of targeting dead space.

Started on what I think will be my LAST intercessor squad...which will bring me up to a total of 20 intercessors...hopefully that is enough.

Brother Centurion Octavian

Oi31T8n.jpg

Octavian was named so because he was the 8th son, of one of the noble families of Calth.  Not destined to inherit, he brought even great pride to his family when he was selected as an initiate to the Ultramarines.  Having fought in the Chapter for two centuries, Octavian became one of the first original Astartes to volunteer to cross the Rubicon Primaris.  An introspective soul, Octavian leads his squad with a moral compass of a classical hero.

xX7iY9H.jpg

KLFhZB4.jpg

EsFBWCM.jpg

bwMOaug.jpg

Well what do you guys think? 

C&C welcome, thanks for stopping by.

2nd member of Intercessor Squad Honorem:

Brother Aurelius

R8tbfWP.jpg

Among the many philosopher warriors of the Chapter, Aurelius is singular.  His understanding of the Codex, and many other works of moral philosophy is second to none.  He uses his advanced philosophical understanding to give guidance to Squad Honorem, and provides tactical advice when necessary to his Brother Centurion.

“Death smiles on us all, brothers.  All we can do is smile back.”

b7FAn7H.jpg

Y5QI4hC.jpg

4UmqTjy.jpg

4t5KDN4.jpg

C&C Welcome, Thanks for Stopping By!

Excellent work on Aurelius. Does he hold the rank of Corporal, i.e., he's second-in-command to the Sergeant leading a squad? You said he understands the moral philosophy the Codex espouses; I presume he understands the tactics and strategies it espouses as well.

Thanks Bjorn! Yes, he is second in command. Hes based on the Roman emperor Marcus Aurelius, who was considered to be a very Moral/Good emperor. So that's where his background info comes. He's a space marine so he is well versed in the tactical nature of warfare.

Pearson:  Thank you sir.  Since I'm putting Roman belts, on them, might as well have them contribute to the motion of the model :)

Ranulf:  Thanks bro!  The more I do it, the faster I get.  I've got it pretty much down to a science.  I can knock two models out in about a day, if I really want to (provided its just painting).  Incidentally, would any of you be interested in a small tutorial about how I paint these?  It was just a thought I had rolling around...

Majkhal:  Well, truth be told all the intercessors are done...I just havent taken pictures yet.  I'm now trying to clear my backlog, which has 5 relic terminators, 3 aggressors, 3 suppressors, 3 plasma jetpack guys (whose name I can't remember) and 3 eliminators.

I've been a bit spotty on my camera work, but here is a photo I took of the last squad I did.  I'll post up individual writeups as time permits.

qqTbt9m.jpg

1kM5aNl.jpg

I ran out of positive likes to share, but I really like your ultramarines. They are beautifully painted and super gritty. I thoroughly enjoy the weathering that you have been able to achieve, especially the sand tones on their leg armor. 

Nomad: Thank you sir!

Smoke: Thank you! I'm glad you think the weather really works....I've been a little apprehensive on whether or not it is good enough. 

And now for a little teaser, I'm like 90% done with converting this latest project.  I promise I'll get images up as soon as I take them.  In the mean time....

The War Lion

Covered in the effigy of his namesake,

He strode atop the dusty mire.

Every footstep an earthquake,

The fate of his foes, truly dire.

None dare seek to challenge him,

peerless, his fighting ability.

The adversary's sight grows dim,

As his roar rages with finality.

dajD3sB.jpg

He looks absolutely glorious. I love the custom dread frontplate, it's so Ultramarines it hurts. The use of the venerable dreadnought neck gorget really ties the whole thing together! I think the lion on the pelvis (matching the pelt on his back? What's the story there?) is inspired detailing, and the firing effects on the assault cannon look really cohesive and nice. What's the greenstuff on the cannon representing? The sculpting looks clean, the pictures are just too small on my phone screen to tell. Also, have you thought about resculpting the pteryges on the pauldrons that aren't hanging in line with gravity?

Naryn: thanks for the super kind words! To answer your questions: I'll post his background fluff when he's painted, but in short , he's earned the nickname "the Lion of Nemia." Due to some great deed in that system. Hemsenthe iconography. The green stuff on the barrels will convert that they are spinning...hopefully, once I put paint on it. Pteryges...that's what those are called...anyway, you noticed that huh? Well, it does kind of bother me, but they are so finely sculpted on the resin armor plate, and they are thick enough to the point where they basically ARE that side of the plate, that I'm kind of afraid to remove them. Plus, I don't think I could do a better job...I've kind of decided to live with it. Do you think it's super noticable/takes away from the piece as a whole?