PIXELHAMMER - an oldschool Pixelart gameproject

PeaceCraft

HELLO FOLKS! I'M BACK
after a 8 month hiatus and still no sign of my programmer partner getting time to finish the prototype (2 jobs, 2 small kids, its totally understandable - life is complicated 6d3c0a908a3861135dfaebde91c0ecf6.gif ) i decided to pretty much just hire someone on fiver to program what's still missing in the game. its not a smart move for me since this project is intended to be free and i don't even have a patreon setup (i'm doing this to dodge GW lawyers, besides avoiding IP usage and names) and there wont be any revenue planned, but i want to get moving again and that seems like the only way.

So i'm reviewing everything i have so far and am retaking the project. Checklist
1- organize the game design document in a presentable format to hand over to the unreal engine developer on fiver. i have one but its a very messy and anyone not me wouldn't understand it, need to fill in some blanks and detail every little function
2- make 2 more core mechanic characters (i have melee guy, and shooty guy, i still need to make a tanky guy and a buffing character to determine the challenges in the core gameplay loop)
3- pay up and hire a gamedev on fiver to make a blueprint based system and finish the engine that is already halfway done (but cant show anything yet - we can pilot the character but there is no AI to fight)
4- make devlog youtube channel to push it out there and gather interest (need scripting, presentation, some motion graphics, its quite a lot of work)
5- prepare a discord channel to make a community and playtest everything
6- upload the prototype version to itch.io and get people involved

and ... that's it. seems simple but i project that it'll be at least a few weeks before i get something done
i'll get working on the game design document and start making the 'ard boy next

stay tuned!

• 1 year later...

@AGRAMAR thanks! ill be doing them other factions in phase 4 of the project, if i manage to get that far! there is so much to do before adding factions and extra playable characters

aaaand i found a solution for any IP issues here - Presenting Lucky Company and their glorious horseshoe symbol, the pride of the star soldiers!

BANNER LUCKY COMPANY.png

BLUE SpaceMarine EMOTE1.gif

Edited by PeaceCraft

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

@pawl i'm back! trying to get another coder on board so we can get the prototyping done

i adjusted the animation so he would be less stiff and walk more wobbly, hunched down, having a more comical style of walk, cuz you know - grot. :laugh:

i'll do some work on the grot, then i'll go back to designing the nob 

GROT WALK.gif