New Cult Rising!

Axineton

So I find myself with a partial (95%) painted army and was wondering how best to play it once it’s up and running.

I’m in complete unknown territory here having only ever used GSC in kill team. I’m in no way competitive and really don’t care about tournaments etc but I’d like to be able to at least do some damage in casual games and a crusade that my mate is starting up with a few of us soon. So here is what I have and if anyone could tell me what to add to my list so I can purchase them that would be great and what to drop. 

1 Patriarch and 2 familiars

1 Magus and 2 familiars

1 Magus

1 Primus

1 Kelermorph

1 Jackal Alphus

2 Acolyte Iconwards

1 Abominant

40 Neophyte Hybrids

20 Acolyte Hybrids

10 Aberants 

10 Brood Brothers & 2 Man Heavy Weapon

15 Purestrain Genestealers

5 Atalanta Jackals (1 squad)

1 Cult Armoured Sentinel

1 Cult Scout Sentinel

1 Goliath Rockgrinder

1 Leman Russ

1 Cult Chimera

I worked out the power level to be around 106ish so is that around 1000 points?

Not sure what cult I’m going to run them as yet. But I will do my own homebrew one I reckon.

I’ll add some pics tomorrow if I get time. 

Welcome to the cult! Always nice to see a new member :) You have all ready a very good collection of model and I only see a couple of more things that you can add. I was thinking one more unit of bikes, 1 sanctus (I use the sniper one), a couple of ridgerunners and add some more acolytes. Otherwise you have a great collection.

Your estimate is a bit off - you've got around 2500 points of stuff there (including 750 in HQs alone, and another 650 in elites).

As Ulfast says, you can never have too many acolytes, and you're missing ridgerunners completely.

Some of the elite characters can be fun for adding flavour, like the biophagus if you want to lean into aberrants, or the sanctus for anti-psyker shenanigans, or the clamavus if you fancy the idea of ambushing onto the board and launching a wave of charges.

If you're looking to put a 2000 point list together, I'd probably lose some of the neophytes and/or brood brothers - I'm not sure you need 50 of them on the table.

And then trim down the HQ department. You have eight, and a battalion allows you three. Patriarch, Primus and Magus is a good combination (and allows them all to have a warlord trait). Or, alternatively, squeeze a heavy weapon squad out of the brood brothers for a third heavy support option and play a brigade, in which case you could keep the abominant alongside the aberrants.

Edited by Rogue

You can make the weapons interchangeable - there's a quick tutorial a few topics down. Out of the box you can have the mortar and one of the other two, or get an extra arm and have all three.

I'm liking the heavy laser at the moment - we don't tend to have a lot of ranged anti-tank firepower, so d3 S9 shots is nice. The mortar is an option too, but I have lots of ways to kill infantry already.

Depending on how serious your opponents are, I'd also suggesting making one of each and then simply saying 'Today they're all mortars', or whatever. But that may not fly everywhere.

• 1 year later...

So I have a crusade game with my friend who is playing custodes and is very competitive on Friday afternoon and we’re doing 50 power level and just wanted some advice on this list. I’m still learning the game so I’m still not clued up on everything yet. I know his list will be set out to wreck me :rolleyes:  but I’m in it for the fun so I don’t care but I’d like to at least bloody his nose lol. Anyway here’s a list I’ve come up with and wondering if anyone could give me a heads up on anything that could be changed.

Created with BattleScribe (https://battlescribe.net)

Pauper princes (Warhammer 40,000 9th Edition) [50 PL, 917pts, 3CP]
  • Battalion Detachment 0CP (Tyranids - Genestealer Cults) [50 PL, 917pts, 3CP]
    • Configuration [3CP]
      • [Reference] Ambush Markers

Categories: Configuration

• Battle Size [3CP]

Selections: 1. Combat Patrol (0-50 Total PL / 0-500 Points) [3CP]

• Cult Creed

Selections: The Pauper Princes

Abilities: Cult Creed, Devoted Zealots

Abilities Description Cult Creed If your army is Battle-forged, all GENESTEALER CULTS Detachments gain the Cult Creed ability. All <CULT> INFANTRY and BIKER units with this ability gain a Cult Creed, so long as every unit in its Detachment is from the same cult. The Cult Creed gained depends on the cult they are from, as shown in the table. Note that due to their purely xenos nature and physiology, GENESTEALER units are an exception and do not gain a Cult Creed. Devoted Zealots You can re-roll hit rolls for attacks made with melee weapons by a unit with this Cult Creed in a turn in which it made a charge move, was charged or performed a Heroic Intervention.
      • Detachment Command Cost

• HQ [13 PL, 250pts]
      • Acolyte Iconward [3 PL, 60pts]

Selections: Reliquary of Saint Tenndarc

Categories: Faction: Tyranids, Faction: Genestealer Cults, Character, Infantry, HQ

Abilities: Bestial Devotion, Nexus of Devotion, Reliquary of Saint Tenndarc, Sacred Cult BannerUnit: Acolyte IconwardWeapon: Autopistol, Blasting Charge, Rending Claw(s)

Abilities Description Bestial Devotion Re-roll Bestial Vigour rolls of 1 for friendly <CULT> ABERRANT models whilst their unit is within 6" of this model. Nexus of Devotion Roll a D6 each time a <CULT> INFANTRY or BIKER model (other than an ABERRANT) loses a wound whilst its unit is within 6" of any friendly <CULT> ACOLYTE ICONWARDS; on a 6 that wound is not lost. Reliquary of Saint Tenndarc PAUPER PRINCES only. Friendly PAUPER PRINCES units automatically pass Morale tests whilst they are within 6" of the bearer. In addition, roll a D6 each time a PAUPER PRINCES INFANTRY or BIKER model is destroyed whilst it is within 6" of the bearer, before removing that model from the battlefield. On a 4+ that model can either shoot with one of its ranged weapons as if it were your Shooting phase, or can make a single melee attack with a melee weapon as if it were the Fight phase. Sacred Cult Banner You can re-roll Morale tests for friendly <CULT> units whilst they are within 6" of this model. Unit M WS BS S T W A Ld Save Acolyte Iconward 6" 3+ 3+ 4 3 4 4 8 5+ Weapon Range Type S AP D Abilities Autopistol 12" Pistol 1 3 0 1 - Blasting Charge 6" Grenade D6 3 0 1 Blast Rending Claw(s) Melee Melee User -1 1 Each time you make a wound roll of 6+, that hit is resolved with an AP of -4.
      • Jackal Alphus [4 PL, 75pts]

Selections: Warlord, Warlord Trait: Beloved Grandsire

Categories: Faction: <Cult>, Faction: Tyranids, Faction: Genestealer Cults, Biker, Character, HQ, Warlord

Abilities: Beloved Grandsire, Priority Target Sighted, Skilled OutriderUnit: Jackal AlphusWeapon: Autopistol, Blasting Charge, Jackal Sniper Rifle

Abilities Description Beloved Grandsire Add 2 to Unquestioning Loyalty rolls made when you fail saving throws for your Warlord, or when your Warlord suffers a mortal wound. Priority Target Sighted At the start of your Shooting phase, select an enemy unit that is visible to and within 36" of this model. Until the end of the phase, add 1 to hit rolls for attacks made by friendly <CULT> units that target that enemy unit whilst they are within 6" of this model (or within 12" if they are a friendly <CULT> BIKER unit). An enemy unit can only be selected as the target of this ability once per phase. Skilled Outrider Subtract 1 from hit rolls for attacks that target this unit in the Shooting phase. Unit M WS BS S T W A Ld Save Jackal Alphus 14" 3+ 2+ 3 4 5 3 8 5+ Weapon Range Type S AP D Abilities Autopistol 12" Pistol 1 3 0 1 - Blasting Charge 6" Grenade D6 3 0 1 Blast Jackal Sniper Rifle 36" Heavy 1 4 -2 D3 Each time you select a target for this weapon, you can ignore the Look Out, Sir rule. If you roll a wound roll of 6+ for this weapon, it inflicts 1 mortal wound in addition to its normal damage.
      • Magus [6 PL, 115pts]

Selections: 2x Familiar [30pts], Power: Last Gasp

Categories: HQ, Character, Faction: Genestealer Cults, Faction: Tyranids, Infantry, Psyker, Genestealer

Abilities: Familiars, Spiritual LeaderPsychic Power: Last GaspPsyker: MagusUnit: Familiar, MagusWeapon: Autopistol, Cultist Knife, Force stave

Abilities Description Familiars If a character is accompanied by any Familiars, then once per game, at the end of the controlling player's psychic phase, its Familiars can lend it additional power. If they do so, the character can immediately attempt to manifest an additional psychic power. When rolling to wound this unit, always use the character's Toughness while it is on the battlefield. The death of a Familiar is ignored for the purposes of Morale tests. Familiars are considered to have the CHARACTER keyword for the purposes of shooting attacks. Spiritual Leader <CULT> units (other than PSYKERS) within 6" of any friendly <CULT> MAGUS models at the start of your opponent's Psychic phase can attempt to deny one psychic power manifested within 12" of them that phase as if they were themselves a PSYKER (measure range to any model in the unit). Psychic Power Warp Charge Range Details Last Gasp 7 12" Select one PAUPER PRINCES unit from your army within 12" of this psyker. Until the start of your next Psychic phase, when a model in that unit is destroyed, roll one D6 before removing that model from play. On a 4+ that model can either shoot with one of its ranged weapons as if it were your Shooting phase, or make one attack with one of its melee weapons as if it were the Fight phase. Psyker Cast Deny Powers Known Other Magus 1 1 Smite + 2 Broodmind - Unit M WS BS S T W A Ld Save Familiar 6" 3+ - 4 3 1 2 8 6+ Magus 6" 3+ 3+ 3 3 4 3 8 5+ Weapon Range Type S AP D Abilities Autopistol 12" Pistol 1 3 0 1 - Cultist Knife Melee Melee User 0 1 Each time the bearer fights, it can make 1 additional attack with this weapon. Force stave Melee Melee +3 -1 D3 -
    • Troops [11 PL, 204pts]
      • Acolyte Hybrids [3 PL, 50pts]

Selections: Cult Icon [10pts]

Categories: Troops, Faction: Genestealer Cults, Faction: Tyranids, Infantry, Faction: <Cult>

Abilities: Cult Icon

• 4x Acolyte Hybrid [32pts]

Selections: 4x Autopistol, 4x Blasting Charges, 4x Cultist Knife, 4x Rending Claw

Unit: Acolyte HybridWeapon: Autopistol, Blasting Charge, Cultist Knife, Rending Claw(s)

• Acolyte Leader [8pts]

Selections: Autopistol, Cultist Knife

Unit: Acolyte LeaderWeapon: Autopistol, Blasting Charge, Cultist Knife, Rending Claw(s)

Abilities Description Cult Icon Re-roll hit rolls of 1 for a unit's attacks in the Fight phase if it contains a model with a cult icon. Unit M WS BS S T W A Ld Save Acolyte Hybrid 6" 3+ 4+ 4 3 1 2 7 5+ Acolyte Leader 6" 3+ 4+ 4 3 1 3 8 5+ Weapon Range Type S AP D Abilities Autopistol 12" Pistol 1 3 0 1 - Blasting Charge 6" Grenade D6 3 0 1 Blast Cultist Knife Melee Melee User 0 1 Each time the bearer fights, it can make 1 additional attack with this weapon. Rending Claw(s) Melee Melee User -1 1 Each time you make a wound roll of 6+, that hit is resolved with an AP of -4.
      • Acolyte Hybrids [3 PL, 40pts]

Categories: Troops, Faction: Genestealer Cults, Faction: Tyranids, Infantry, Faction: <Cult>

• 4x Acolyte Hybrid [32pts]

Selections: 4x Autopistol, 4x Blasting Charges, 4x Cultist Knife, 4x Rending Claw

Unit: Acolyte HybridWeapon: Autopistol, Blasting Charge, Cultist Knife, Rending Claw(s)

• Acolyte Leader [8pts]

Selections: Autopistol, Cultist Knife

Unit: Acolyte LeaderWeapon: Autopistol, Blasting Charge, Cultist Knife, Rending Claw(s)

Unit M WS BS S T W A Ld Save Acolyte Hybrid 6" 3+ 4+ 4 3 1 2 7 5+ Acolyte Leader 6" 3+ 4+ 4 3 1 3 8 5+ Weapon Range Type S AP D Abilities Autopistol 12" Pistol 1 3 0 1 - Blasting Charge 6" Grenade D6 3 0 1 Blast Cultist Knife Melee Melee User 0 1 Each time the bearer fights, it can make 1 additional attack with this weapon. Rending Claw(s) Melee Melee User -1 1 Each time you make a wound roll of 6+, that hit is resolved with an AP of -4.
      • Brood Brothers Infantry Squad [5 PL, 114pts]

Selections: Brood Brothers Leader [6pts]

Categories: Faction: Genestealer Cults, Faction: Tyranids, Faction: Brood Brothers, Infantry, Troops

• 8x Brood Brother [48pts]

Selections: 8x Frag Grenades, 8x Lasgun

Unit: Brood BrotherWeapon: Frag Grenade, Lasgun

• Brood Brother (Flamer) [11pts]

Selections: Flamer [5pts]

Unit: Brood BrotherWeapon: Flamer, Frag Grenade

• Brood Brother (Grenade) [11pts]

Selections: Grenade Launcher [5pts]

Unit: Brood BrotherWeapon: Frag Grenade, Grenade Launcher (Frag), Grenade Launcher (Krak)

• Brood Brother (Vox-caster) [11pts]

Selections: Cult Vox-caster [5pts]

Abilities: Cult Vox-casterUnit: Brood BrotherWeapon: Frag Grenade, Lasgun

• Brood Brothers Weapons Team [27pts]

Selections: Lascannon [15pts]

Unit: Brood Brothers Weapons TeamWeapon: Frag Grenade, Lascannon, Lasgun

Abilities Description Cult Vox-caster You can re-roll Morale tests for a unit whilst it contains a model with a cult vox-caster. Unit M WS BS S T W A Ld Save Brood Brother 6" 4+ 4+ 3 3 1 1 7 5+ Brood Brothers Leader 6" 4+ 4+ 3 3 1 2 8 5+ Brood Brothers Weapons Team 6" 4+ 4+ 3 3 2 2 7 5+ Weapon Range Type S AP D Abilities Chainsword Melee Melee User 0 1 Each time the bearer fights, it can make 1 additional attack with this weapon. Flamer 12" Assault D6 4 0 1 Each time an attack is made with this weapon, that attack automatically hits the target. Frag Grenade 6" Grenade D6 3 0 1 Blast Grenade Launcher (Frag) 24" Assault D6 3 0 1 Blast Grenade Launcher (Krak) 24" Assault 1 6 -1 D3 - Lascannon 48" Heavy 1 9 -3 D6 - Lasgun 24 Rapid Fire 1 3 0 1 - Laspistol 12" Pistol 1 3 0 1 -
    • Elites [16 PL, 300pts]
      • Aberrants [8 PL, 150pts]

Categories: Elites, Faction: Genestealer Cults, Faction: Tyranids, Infantry, Aberrant, Faction: <Cult>

Abilities: Bestial Vigour

• 5x Aberrant (Pick) [150pts]

Selections: 5x Power Pick, 5x Rending Claw

Unit: AberrantWeapon: Power Pick, Rending Claw(s)

Abilities Description Bestial Vigour When inflicting damage upon this model, reduce the Damage characteristic of the attack by 1 (to a minimum of 1). In addition, roll a D6 each time this model loses a wound; on a 5+ that wound is not lost. Unit M WS BS S T W A Ld Save Aberrant 6" 3+ 6+ 5 4 2 2 7 5+ Weapon Range Type S AP D Abilities Power Pick Melee Melee User -2 D3 Each time a model with a rending claw makes an attack with this weapon, it can make one additional attack with its rending claw. Rending Claw(s) Melee Melee User -1 1 Each time you make a wound roll of 6+, that hit is resolved with an AP of -4.
      • Purestrain Genestealers [4 PL, 75pts]

Categories: Elites, Faction: Tyranids, Faction: Genestealer Cults, Genestealer, Infantry, Faction: <Cult>

Abilities: Flurry of Claws, Lightning Reflexes, Swift and Deadly

• 5x Purestrain Genestealer [75pts]

Selections: 5x Rending Claw

Unit: Purestrain GenestealerWeapon: Rending Claw(s)

Abilities Description Flurry of Claws Add 1 to the Attacks characteristic of models in this unit whilst it contains 10 or more models. Lightning Reflexes Models in this unit have a 5+ invulnerable save. Swift and Deadly This unit can charge even if it Advanced during its turn. Unit M WS BS S T W A Ld Save Purestrain Genestealer 8" 3+ - 4 4 1 3 9 5+ Weapon Range Type S AP D Abilities Rending Claw(s) Melee Melee User -1 1 Each time you make a wound roll of 6+, that hit is resolved with an AP of -4.
      • Purestrain Genestealers [4 PL, 75pts]

Categories: Elites, Faction: Tyranids, Faction: Genestealer Cults, Genestealer, Infantry, Faction: <Cult>

Abilities: Flurry of Claws, Lightning Reflexes, Swift and Deadly

• 5x Purestrain Genestealer [75pts]

Selections: 5x Rending Claw

Unit: Purestrain GenestealerWeapon: Rending Claw(s)

Abilities Description Flurry of Claws Add 1 to the Attacks characteristic of models in this unit whilst it contains 10 or more models. Lightning Reflexes Models in this unit have a 5+ invulnerable save. Swift and Deadly This unit can charge even if it Advanced during its turn. Unit M WS BS S T W A Ld Save Purestrain Genestealer 8" 3+ - 4 4 1 3 9 5+ Weapon Range Type S AP D Abilities Rending Claw(s) Melee Melee User -1 1 Each time you make a wound roll of 6+, that hit is resolved with an AP of -4.
    • Fast Attack [6 PL, 88pts]
      • Atalan Jackals [6 PL, 88pts]

Categories: Biker, Faction: <Cult>, Faction: Genestealer Cults, Faction: Tyranids, Fast Attack

Abilities: Skilled Outriders

• Atalan Jackal [12pts]

Selections: Autopistol, Shotgun

Unit: Atalan JackalWeapon: Autopistol, Blasting Charge, Shotgun

• Atalan Jackal [12pts]

• Atalan Jackal [12pts]

• Atalan Leader [17pts]

Selections: Grenade Launcher [5pts], Shotgun

Unit: Atalan LeaderWeapon: Autopistol, Blasting Charge, Grenade Launcher (Frag), Grenade Launcher (Krak), Shotgun

• Atalan Wolfquad [2 PL, 35pts]

Selections: Atalan Incinerator [10pts], Autopistol

Unit: Atalan WolfquadWeapon: Atalan Incinerator, Autopistol, Blasting Charge

Abilities Description Skilled Outriders Subtract 1 from hit rolls for attacks that target this unit in the Shooting phase. Unit M WS BS S T W A Ld Save Atalan Jackal 14" 4+ 4+ 3 4 2 1 7 5+ Atalan Leader 14" 4+ 4+ 3 4 2 2 8 5+ Atalan Wolfquad 14" 4+ 4+ 3 4 4 1 7 5+ Weapon Range Type S AP D Abilities Atalan Incinerator 12" Heavy D6 5 -1 1 This weapon automatically hits its target. Autopistol 12" Pistol 1 3 0 1 - Blasting Charge 6" Grenade D6 3 0 1 Blast Grenade Launcher (Frag) 24" Assault D6 3 0 1 Blast Grenade Launcher (Krak) 24" Assault 1 6 -1 D3 - Shotgun 12" Assault 2 3 0 1 If the target is within half range, add 1 to this weapon's Strength.
    • Dedicated Transport [4 PL, 75pts]
      • Goliath Truck [4 PL, 75pts]

Categories: Faction: Tyranids, Faction: Genestealer Cults, Dedicated Transport, Transport, Vehicle, Faction: <Cult>

Abilities: Explodes (6+/6"/D3), Open-topped, Rugged ConstructionStat Damage - M, BS & A: Goliath Truck (1), Goliath Truck (2), Goliath Truck (3)Transport: Goliath TruckUnit: Goliath TruckWeapon: Heavy stubber, Twin Autocannon

Abilities Description Explodes (6+/6"/D3) If this model is reduced to 0 wounds, roll a D6 before removing it from the battlefield and before any embarked models disembark. On a 6 it explodes, and each unit within 6" suffers D3 mortal wounds. Open-topped Models embarked on this model can attack in their Shooting phase. Measure the range and draw line of sight from any point on the model. When they do so, any restrictions or modifiers that apply to this model also apply to its passengers; for example, the passengers cannot shoot if this model has Fallen Back in the same turn, cannot shoot (except with Pistols) if this model is within 1" of an enemy unit, and so on. Rugged Construction Roll a D6 each time this model loses a wounds; on a 6 the wound is not lost. Stat Damage - M, BS & A Remaining W Movement BS Attacks Goliath Truck (1) 6-10+ 12" 4+ 3 Goliath Truck (2) 3-5 8" 5+ D3 Goliath Truck (3) 1-2 4" 6+ 1 Transport Capacity Goliath Truck Up to 10 <CULT> INFANTRY models. Each PATRIARCH takes the space of five other models. Unit M WS BS S T W A Ld Save Goliath Truck * 6+ * 6 6 10 * 7 4+ Weapon Range Type S AP D Abilities Heavy stubber 36" Heavy 3 4 0 1 - Twin Autocannon 48" Heavy 4 7 -1 2 -

Created with BattleScribe

Edited by Axineton

Interesting. The first thing I'd suggest is to get the new codex. I like the old one, but the new one is a lot more fun.

Your Magus only seems to have one power. He can only cast one, but knows two and Smite. My own preference for a magus is to take the Crouchling relic and the Cult Psyche pre-game stratagem, giving him a third power, a second cast, and +1 to his roles. It costs 2cp, but makes him much more effective.

You might consider putting the two units of genestealers together into a ten-model brood. Flurry of Claws won't activate with less than 10 models, so two 5s hit less hard than one 10.

However, you might also consider dropping the stealers for more acolytes. For 150 points you can have 10 acolytes with an icon and four mining weapons, with points over. Using the Genetic Lineage stratagem, they can play much the same role as stealers, but also benefit from the Cult creed, which the stealers won't.

(Likewise your Brood Brothers, who also don't get creeds. Make them neophytes with the same weapon options (well, a mining laser, but it's similar) and they get the creed and access to the Goliath if they need it.)

And lastly, I'd consider switching the Jackal Alphus for a Primus. The main damage-dealers in this list are combat units (aberrants and genestealers (or acolytes)), so would really benefit from the Primus' +1 to hit aura, especially if you boost it outwards another 3" with the Alien Majesty warlord trait.

Hopefully that gives you a few ideas to mull over.

I’m using the new codex mate. I only have 10 acolytes at the moment in total so I’m gonna have to buy a few more boxes down the road I think. Right I can take the brood bros out and replace with neophytes that’s not a problem and also swap the jackal alphus for the Primus too isn’t a problem.

Cheers for the suggestions Rogue looks like I got some rearranging to do :biggrin.:

Ah. You might be using the new codex, but Battlescribe isn't (yet). So in the list you posted, various stats, rules and points costs are out-of-date.

I did wonder if BattleScribe was up to date. I might hand write it out instead 

Right then I’ve changed it up a bit and hopefully I’ve got the ninth codex on BattleScribe after finding it on the GSC discord and adding it to BattleScribe. I just hope I did it proper lol.

++ Battalion Detachment 0CP (Tyranids - Genestealer Cults) [49 PL, 893pts, 2CP] ++

+ Configuration +

[Reference] Ambush Markers

Battle Size [3CP]: 1. Combat Patrol (0-50 Total PL / 0-500 Points) 

Cult Creed: The Pauper Princes

Detachment Command Cost

+ HQ +

Acolyte Iconward [3 PL, 60pts]

Magus [6 PL, 115pts, -1CP]: 2x Familiar, Power: Last Gasp, Power: Mind Control, Stratagem: The Cult's Psyche, The Crouchling

Primus [4 PL, 85pts]: Warlord, Warlord Trait: Alien Majesty

+ Troops +

Acolyte Hybrids [3 PL, 50pts]: Cult Icon
. 4x Acolyte Hybrid: 4x Autopistol, 4x Blasting Charges, 4x Cultist Knife, 4x Rending Claw
. Acolyte Leader: Autopistol, Cultist Knife

Acolyte Hybrids [3 PL, 40pts]
. 4x Acolyte Hybrid: 4x Autopistol, 4x Blasting Charges, 4x Cultist Knife, 4x Rending Claw

Neophyte Hybrids [4 PL, 80pts]
. Neophyte Hybrid (Mining): Mining Laser
. Neophyte Hybrid (Seismic): Seismic Cannon
. 7x Neophyte Hybrid (Shotgun): 7x Autopistol, 7x Blasting Charges, 7x Shotgun
. Neophyte Leader: Autopistol, Cultist Knife

+ Elites +

Aberrants [8 PL, 150pts]
. 5x Aberrant (Pick): 5x Power Pick, 5x Rending Claw

Purestrain Genestealers [8 PL, 150pts]: 10x Purestrain Talons
. 10x Purestrain Genestealer: 10x Rending Claw

+ Fast Attack +

Atalan Jackals [6 PL, 88pts]
. Atalan Jackal: Autopistol, Shotgun
. Atalan Leader: Grenade Launcher, Shotgun
. Atalan Wolfquad: Atalan Incinerator, Autopistol

+ Dedicated Transport +

Goliath Truck [4 PL, 75pts]
Cache of demolition charges

++ Total: [49 PL, 903pts, 2CP] ++

Created with BattleScribe
Edited by Axineton

Right then I’ve changed it up a bit and hopefully I’ve got the ninth codex on BattleScribe after finding it on the GSC discord and adding it to BattleScribe. I just hope I did it proper lol.

++ Battalion Detachment 0CP (Tyranids - Genestealer Cults) [49 PL, 893pts, 2CP] ++

+ Configuration +

Detachment Command Cost

+ HQ +

Magus [6 PL, 115pts, -1CP]: 2x Familiar, Power: Last Gasp, Power: Mind Control, Stratagem: The Cult's Psyche, The Crouchling

+ Troops +

+ Elites +

Aberrants [8 PL, 150pts]

+ Fast Attack +

+ Dedicated Transport +

Sooo pretty much everything in this list is incorrect, points, weapons, upgrades etc.

However I will give some advice.

1) magus can only have 1 familiar

2) Dont take different weapons on a ten man neophite weapon, in fact, dont any neophytes in pauper princes as they suck. They are only viable in rusted claw or with the custom creed to ignore modifiers.

3) Dont take icons, especially not on acolytes, especially not on 5 man acolytes and especially if you have a iconward there.

4) Jackals are such an amazing unit, please dont put a wolfquad in there

5) GSC has some of the best pregame upgrades, please use them

Cheers for the tips mate. I’ve taken the quad out and removed one familiar too. I have to take neophytes as I don’t have enough acolytes. I’m using power level as that’s how me and my mate are playing it. 

+ Configuration +

Detachment Command Cost

+ HQ +

+ Troops +

+ Elites +

Aberrants [8 PL, 150pts]

+ Fast Attack +

+ Dedicated Transport +

Sooo pretty much everything in this list is incorrect, points, weapons, upgrades etc.

However I will give some advice.

1) magus can only have 1 familiar

2) Dont take different weapons on a ten man neophite weapon, in fact, dont any neophytes in pauper princes as they suck. They are only viable in rusted claw or with the custom creed to ignore modifiers.

3) Dont take icons, especially not on acolytes, especially not on 5 man acolytes and especially if you have a iconward there.

4) Jackals are such an amazing unit, please dont put a wolfquad in there

5) GSC has some of the best pregame upgrades, please use them

You were right mate. I thought I’d imported the new GSC BattleScribe file into BattleScribe but you can only do it on android, windows and macOS. I’ve done it now through my pc and building a force now. 

I’m such a noob! Cheers for the heads up by the way. Gives me a lot to think about. 

Right then I've gone back to the drawing board and come up with this list. Probably poop but if anyone wants to cast their expert eye and tell me if this is terrible then let me know.

++ Patrol Detachment 0CP (Tyranids - Genestealer Cults - 2022) [50 PL, 3CP, 923pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Cult Creeds: The Pauper Princes

Detachment Command Cost

Gametype: Open

+ No Force Org Slot +

Kelermorph [4 PL, 80pts]

Magus [4 PL, 90pts]: Familiar, Power: Last Gasp

Primus [5 PL, 95pts]: A Trap Sprung, Alien Majesty, Warlord

+ HQ +

Acolyte Iconward [4 PL, 75pts]: Reliquary of Saint Tenndarc (Aura)

+ Troops +

Acolyte Hybrids [6 PL, 90pts]
. 9x Acolyte Hybrid: 9x Autopistol, 9x Blasting Charges, 9x Cult Claws and Knife, 9x Frag Grenades
. Acolyte Leader: Autopistol, Cult Claws and Knife

Neophyte Hybrids [5 PL, 60pts]
. 9x Neophyte Hybrid: 9x Autogun, 9x Autopistol, 9x Blasting Charges, 9x Frag Grenades
. Neophyte Leader: Autogun

+ Elites +

Aberrants [7 PL, 150pts]
. 4x Aberrant: 4x Heavy Power Weapon
. Hypermorph: Heavy Power Weapon

Purestrain Genestealers [7 PL, 140pts]: 10x Purestrain Genestealer

+ Fast Attack +

Atalan Jackals [3 PL, 48pts]
. Atalan Jackal: Atalan Small Arms
. Atalan Leader: Atalan Small Arms