New Cult Rising!

Axineton

• 2 weeks later...

Played last night and went with the hivecult. I did lose as I expected because my friend is so competitive lol I don’t mind as it’s good practice to actually learn 40k properly. I did nearly upset him though in turn 1 with my purestrains. He managed to kill 5 of my 10 purestrains but I managed to advance and then charge his warlord on my turn with the remaining 5 and got his warlord down from 8 wounds to 3 if only I’d had a few more I reckon I would of killed him turn 1. Was good to get out and have a game. I just need to learn it more though lol.

Can I ask why you're going with Hivecult? I've never really got my head around making them work properly (I have a definite preference for hitting things with acolytes rather than shooting them with neophytes), but it's always interesting to see why other people make the choices they do.

I just picked up two boxes of neophytes this morning to go with the ten neophytes from KT2018 and the ten from Shadowthrone. Should I build twenty apiece with autoguns and twenty with shotguns? 

I have thirty already with a mix of mining weapons, shotguns and autoguns built and painted. I actually forgot I had the kill team neophytes still boxed up. 

My neophytes show up mostly in a blob around my magus and iconward. I give them autoguns (for the noise) and grenade launchers + heavy stubbers for some cheap firepower.

More of a fan of acolytes but 40 neophytes with banners and iconward, a magus for MW protection and the PP relic buried in terrain is hard to move.