New Battleforce

01RTB01

Seen as noone else has :)

The newest Battleforce looks fantastic! I won't be grabbing myself as I don't really need stuff from it.

However! 875 points if building immortals and doom scythe. Tasty box for Indomitus expansion.

I shall be putting funds towards the impending "decadence" instead :)

Yea, I looked at it, thought it was a cool box set, and then realized I own more than half the models in the box, and that I probably didn’t need a fourth Triarch stalker. Really all I wanted out of it was the spider and the doom scythe, which I can probably get elsewhere for better prices.

Do you use multiple stalkers in game now? I'd be interested in running a pair due to fluff but I play that infrequently as it is, investing further would be lunacy I think.

Would I like some lychguard, 3rd Spyder,2nd flyer and stalker. However, do I need it? Sensibility says no. Least sensible thing I'll do is grab a second monolith.

Oh heavens no. I have one that I got as a Christmas present years ago (which I bungled the construction of, causing it to be without the spine or most of the cockpit) which is currently awaiting repairs in the repair bay, and a pair of Armigers that are converted to Triarch Stalkers, or as I call them Triarch Striders.

I didn’t want to waste any part of Forgebane, so...yea :P

I’ve never fielded more than one at a time and I don’t expect to ever field more than two at a time.

So my GF has started Necrons, and currently has (mostly unbuilt and unpainted) one of the older start collecting boxes, one of the even older start collecting boxes, a cryptek, and we picked up Indomitus so she has that as well.  I think this would be a good addition for her army, but I feel like a single spider, or flyer, or whatever, is not going to be enough.  I kindof feel like we should pick up 2 of these.   Does that seem worth it?

So my GF has started Necrons, and currently has (mostly unbuilt and unpainted) one of the older start collecting boxes, one of the even older start collecting boxes, a cryptek, and we picked up Indomitus so she has that as well.  I think this would be a good addition for her army, but I feel like a single spider, or flyer, or whatever, is not going to be enough.  I kindof feel like we should pick up 2 of these.   Does that seem worth it?

I guess she likes necron warriors? Quick maths, I think you would have like 60 then if you got two of the battleforces on top of what you got (old start collectors 20, indomnitus 20, 20 from the x2 battleforce). The newer ones would net you a lot of gauss reapers though. If she doesn't already have the other stuff and will actually play with it or even just finish assembly + painting, I don't see why it wouldn't be worth it. 

I guess she likes necron warriors? Quick maths, I think you would have like 60 then if you got two of the battleforces on top of what you got (old start collectors 20, indomnitus 20, 20 from the x2 battleforce). The newer ones would net you a lot of gauss reapers though. If she doesn't already have the other stuff and will actually play with it or even just finish assembly + painting, I don't see why it wouldn't be worth it. 

60 warriors doesn't seem like an outrageous amount to have imo, especially as there are two different weapon options now.  There's so much stuff in this box, and only 10 warriors per box, which is why I feel like it's a great addition.  It's a lot of plastic to work through though.....  I could also help her by doing some greenstuffing/converting and turn some of the warrior bodies into Immortals or deathmarks rather than try to magnetize those.  She's more into the painting of them than building.....  

I feel like a second box of this is far more worthwhile for her army than something like a 2nd Indomitus box (which is something we considered but ultimately didn't go through with).

60 warriors is nothing, really. I think I had something like 60 or 70 prior to Indomitus. There's really no such thing as too many warriors.

That said, I think two of this box would be far better than two of Indomitus. Spiders can go to units of three, fliers can go in the battallion with two slots i believe, and a full unit of praetorians/lychguard and a full unit of immortals would be pretty powerful. You can always convert the second cryptek to a different type as well.

Oh heavens no. I have one that I got as a Christmas present years ago (which I bungled the construction of, causing it to be without the spine or most of the cockpit) which is currently awaiting repairs in the repair bay, and a pair of Armigers that are converted to Triarch Stalkers, or as I call them Triarch Striders.

I didn’t want to waste any part of Forgebane, so...yea :P

I’ve never fielded more than one at a time and I don’t expect to ever field more than two at a time.

I don't think you can make a comment like this and NOT follow it up with a pic or two ;)

I'm coming from indomitus x2 so this looks tasty! Need a 3rd unit of Immortals, was planning on getting some lychguard anyway, you can't have few warriors and the flyer and stalker and spider look like solid additions.

Will consider depending on price! 

Totally price dependent. If it weighs in in the low $100s (after discounts and such) it's a steal. If it's around $200, I feel like targeted expansion is better.

It's a gateway box. The smattering of this and that is an invitation to buy other boxes. Which, as a marketing strategy, I respect. But as something I'm willing to take them up on....? We'll see.

I'm certainly considering it; I would actively like a Stalker, Lychguard and Immortals, and could always find a use for the Warriors, but I don't need anothr flyer and I only just bought a Spyder and Cryptek very recently :dry.:. As always it will be down to the price.

I didn’t want to waste any part of Forgebane, so...yea :tongue.:

I don't think you can make a comment like this and NOT follow it up with a pic or two :wink:

Triarch Stalker armiger conversion ETL2018 vow 3

Badda Bing, Badda Bang. 

A completion from two ETL's past. It's searchable in the archives. Just look up outpost and limit to the Xeno forum.

Totally price dependent. If it weighs in in the low $100s (after discounts and such) it's a steal. If it's around $200, I feel like targeted expansion is better.

It's a gateway box. The smattering of this and that is an invitation to buy other boxes. Which, as a marketing strategy, I respect. But as something I'm willing to take them up on....? We'll see.

Well last year the boxes were between 170 and 210 iirc. There's 319 usd worth of models in the battleforce. Granted, a crack habit would be cheaper than 40k :lol: But even if it's 300 bucks it's still a steal. There isn't a single unit in the box that isn't good.

Well last year the boxes were between 170 and 210 iirc. There's 319 usd worth of models in the battleforce. Granted, a crack habit would be cheaper than 40k :laugh.: But even if it's 300 bucks it's still a steal. There isn't a single unit in the box that isn't good.

N1SB pointed out in one of his last financial posts that crack is about the only thing with a higher profit-to-cost margin than a GW habit...so you might not be wrong with that assessment. :P

From the sound of it they sold out here in Canada in less than 2 minutes.....  I tried getting it through a couple of local stores, as well as some shops that ship to Canada, and every one of them were out.  :(

Hopefully they have more of these reserved for the actual release, and I can get my hands on a copy (or ideally two).