Miek's WiP

Miek

Thanks! I can't share links on this forum but I think you'll find it easily if you search for "Marvel lightning effect" on a very common 3d model sharing website. Then I "3d kitbashed" the lot in Meshmixer (cut, scale, stretch, merge, etc.). I modeled the gun myself, PM me if you want the source (it's freely available but you'll need the link).

Thanks! I can't share links on this forum but I think you'll find it easily if you search for "Marvel lightning effect" on a very common 3d model sharing website. Then I "3d kitbashed" the lot in Meshmixer (cut, scale, stretch, merge, etc.). I modeled the gun myself, PM me if you want the source (it's freely available but you'll need the link).

Brilliant, thank you! I think I've tracked down the one (thing 4359684) - looks spot on for me!

Took a tiny break from the OL to speed build my first terrain piece from scrap; I'm pretty happy with it and it gave me ideas for my next 2 terrain pieces:

gallery_225534_16617_74465.jpg

There's pink rigid insulation foam, a piece of an old router (those often have really interesting textures and patterns), parts of an old printer (the fortification walls), PCBs and random bits.

The pics shows a second application of plaster; I forgot that my grey primer melted the insulation foam and thus had to repair several spots.

Edited by Miek

Started working on the weapons!

gallery_225534_16617_246511.jpg

gallery_225534_16617_29207.jpg

Painting between the lightning was hard... And I was dumb enough to start with those! But I like the outcome; it simply took longer. There's a bit of work left everywhere but it's nearing completion and I'm really gonna have to print her final head soon!

Edited by Miek

And here's the final result:

gallery_225534_16611_45837.jpg

Moving on to the ghost ark. It was quite a mess frankly, when I put it together I didn't expect I'd ever paint any model so I didn't put much effort in cleaning it up, and didn't magnetize it. I'm basically breaking it apart, cleaning it up and putting it back together.

Edited by Miek

A few terrain features I'm working on in parallel with the ark and 13 necron warriors:

gallery_225534_16617_595620.jpg

I've also started working on 3d models of lychguards with shields to complete my unit (I only have 5 of them at the moment). It's too early to share pictures, but they'll likely look like the originals (no fluff reason to make them look differently).

Edited by Miek

• 2 weeks later...

Some progress on the ghost ark. I'm not following a particular plan, but I'm slowly getting to the final color pattern.

The blackish parts will have a blueish gradient so it doesn't look too black. The dark blue color is what I use to identify vehicles with quantum shielding:

gallery_225534_16617_46292.jpg