Miek's WiP

Miek

• 1 month later...

Thanks (a little late)!

So I have a friendly game coming up 2 weeks from now, my necrons + drukhari (brother) against orks (brother) + tyranids (nephew), and we'll try to combo the Deceiver, the psychomancer, flayed ones and drukhari leadership stuff (ex.: Trophies) for fun & profit. I'm thus trying to finish my psychomancer quickly but I love this model so I'm trying to do it well:

gallery_225534_16617_129400.jpg

Edit: Completed version:

gallery_225534_16611_268618.jpg

Edited by Miek

• 3 weeks later...

I decided to build a few furies to diversify my list and score secondaries more easily. The transparent resin is a bummer but I think my flying plague rats will look just fine:

med_gallery_225534_16617_708760.jpg

I'm also working on a kitbashed Lord of change, inspired by the great horned rat. I plan on adding fur with greenstuff after printing. I'll be putting a lot of time on this one so C&C is more than welcome now, before I actually start preparing it for printing:

gallery_225534_16617_675022.png

Edited by Miek

• 2 weeks later...

I'm almost completely done printing the LoC and have started assembling it, fixing some defects and adding its mane with greenstuff. I'm so excited about this model!

Regular skaven for scale:

gallery_225534_16617_1092678.jpg

First patch of fur (it's going to start on top of its head):

gallery_225534_16617_408361.jpg

Edited by Miek

• 2 weeks later...

I think I'm almost done with the greenstuff. After some drying and cleanup, it should be ready for priming. I struggled a lot with the hair but I think it'll look fine once painted, if I'm careful with the brush (and don't accentuate undesired textures with washes).

For the colors, I'd like it to be obvious that it's a Lord of change, so the fur and wings would likely be blue-purplish. The skin tan, and the energy (eyes + orb) green.

gallery_225534_16617_926912.jpg

Honestly, do you think I'm ruining it with the hair? It's not too late to remove at least part of it, it's still malleable.

I was mostly inspired by this picture for the greenstuff hair:

med_gallery_225534_16735_219582.png

I think I'll also rotate the right hand; it looks a bit weird. Bells on the horns would be a nice touch. Comments and suggestions are welcome as always!

Edited by Miek

Love the updates to this thread. Those furies are coming along nicely; the primer really helps to make the detail more visible.

Not sure im sold on the hair, myself; the strands on the chest are so much loer than the bangs (?) that he's looking a little mullet-y.

That said, I have faith in your painting abilities to sell the effect!

Thanks!

@Majkhel haha exactly, I'm sure it doesn't care either way!

@Bryan Blair that's a good idea, I'll try that.

@Naryn thanks, and I agree that paint will help bring it all together.

I haven't progressed much on the LoC apart from minor adjustments such as adding bells to its horns (feels Skaveny). I'm really looking forward to painting it but I have my first tournament ever on the 23rd and I think I'll try to finish a few more Necron models.

But five furies are now painted and ready to ROD!

gallery_225534_17016_264282.jpg

I rather unexpectedly have a full week of painting (or whatever I want that requires no physical effort) ahead, and I most likely won't be able to participate in the tournament. I started painting the LoC; I'm still mostly playing with colors so nothing is set, but I quite like the transition between the brown hair and the blue wings. I really want it to be obvious that it's a Lord of Change and not just a placeholder daemon, and I think the wings will do the trick.

gallery_225534_16617_264730.jpg

Small update, I added a spell effect to its right hand, finished the wings and kept working on the skin:

gallery_225534_16617_211216.jpg

My previous transport case was getting way too small so I built another one with scrap wood and metal sheets. I love it but the models' magnets are sticking a bit too strongly to the metal sheet; I'll have to be careful to avoid breaking stuff when taking them off:

gallery_225534_16617_263890.jpg

It's still missing a back panel and doors, touch ups and paint (will likely be gray). One thing that's bothering me is that the way I built it makes it so that you can't sit on it without breaking it. I might add a top to transfer weight to the sides, just in case someone's not careful. Better safe than sorry...

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Naryn!

The new transport is pretty much finished; I added a top so that we can sit on it (plus it's prettier) and glass doors. It's quite heavy but I love it! I missed the last tournament in my area, but there's another one planned for November 13. Hopefully I'll be able to make it this time.

gallery_225534_16735_288813.jpg

gallery_225534_16735_664307.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the feedback!

And I believe the Lord of Change is done! I'm super happy about the result and can't wait to play it. I'm really struggling to get a picture that looks like it does in person, hence the inconsistent lighting.

gallery_225534_17016_748654.jpg

gallery_225534_17016_521273.jpg

Next will probably be Necrons; after the addition of core keywords, I decided to refresh my very dated wraiths (low quality prints, mostly broken) and finally get acanthrites. I have a few other bits in mind as well but need to finalize my list to decide.