=] 12 Months of Hobby Challenge 2021 [=

Grotsmasha

I, Troakir, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of October pledge to complete more Treeranids by month's end.

I was vaguely planning on doing some midsized tyrnaids this month, such as the Lictor and Venomthrope Trees but as it is apparently the last month I thought I should go big, so for this month this is my vow:

Two Tyrants and a second Carnifex (Old One Eye stand in if needed).

gallery_29932_13875_31949.jpg

Both Tyrants have magnetized swords (and one has a staff) for ease of transport.

If I somehow finish these then maybe I can have a go at some more trees, if.

October

I, Reclusiarch Jolemai , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of October pledge to complete 4x Assassin, 2x Captain, 1x Inquisitor, 1x Infantry by month's end.

gallery_62972_9848_738500.jpg

To do:

• New bases for each Assassin and Inquisitor
  • Move Eversor and Vindicare to completion. Redo Cullexus' body, then move to completion
  • Infantry needs the spare ammo adding. Captains need finishing

Ongoing WIP. Not the best picture quality, but I think it reflects the most important aspects:
gallery_105306_14251_1896293.jpg

Thanks Miek! The red will probably vary from picture to picture due to changing lighting conditions :P However compared to the previous post, I did add a coat of thinned down Blood Angels Red contrast which brought some of the more orange hues to deeper reds. The colour on the torso is pretty close to reality. Legs are not THAT dark.

But the really fun-part is the claw :D A little bit of an experiment and it still needs some more blending, but I like the general idea and feel so far.

Keep up the good work everyone!

I, LameBeard, answer the call of the 12 month of Hobby Challenge, and vow for October, to finish some more of my Guardsman Kill Team. Will insert photo later, but I have 4 more that are in progress and the rest still sitting in Bronze Green as they were for September.

Edit: now with picture

med_gallery_93054_16876_298968.jpeg

Edited by LameBeard

Grotsmasha
This post was recognized by Grotsmasha!

"Congratulations"

Majkhel was awarded the badge '12 Months of Hobby 2021 Favourite'

I'm super-happy to present you the finished Leviathan :D
gallery_105306_14251_1321399.jpg

med_gallery_105306_14251_169401.jpgmed_gallery_105306_14251_1161109.jpgmed_gallery_105306_14251_386082.jpgmed_gallery_105306_14251_1549354.jpg

I'll see how many other weapons I will manage to paint for him. I have to admit that the grav-flux bombard was taxing :P Whoever designed it... lets say, he or she definitely had fun while doing it :D

Thank you Dosjetka! I'm really happy you like him!

The amount of detail you've managed to include on the model is impressive, especially since it doesn't feel like the model is overwhelmed by these additions.

And THAT was the actual challenge here :D
Seriously, I was kinda worried at the beginning that I had the 'plain' version, but once I got to embellishments it was a bit hard to stop. The idea was to drive the 'relic' feel, but still retain the original utilitarian form.

So I set about doing the September update when I discovered I hadn't even done August's Update. So I went through the months and updated the Month posts only to have a database error eat it all.....

It will be my first priority this weekend to get both updates completed and October up to date.

And the genestealers are done.

genestealers

I'd forgotten how much I dislike painting them. It's all the edges, I think - almost the whole model is an edge highlight. But still, four more in the can, and I've treated myself to a Goliath, so hopefully that'll be November's project...

Nothing special really, but I managed to paint all the remaining assembled weapon options for my Levi which concludes my first October vow:
med_gallery_105306_14251_561177.jpgmed_gallery_105306_14251_107837.jpg

Following up with:

I, Majkhel of the Blood Angles, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of October pledge to complete 2 Bladeguard Veterans for the glory of the Angel by month's end.

med_gallery_105306_14251_1183330.jpgmed_gallery_105306_14251_1225278.jpg

Edited by Majkhel

Hey just a quick update on a vow from back in June--

Skarbrand:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQWMz3JHl9g/?utm_medium=copy_link

Bloodthirster:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQWLgn_nAdd/?utm_medium=copy_link

Ghazkull and Makari:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVJK3cLLitv/?utm_medium=copy_link

As for my plodding along vow- I just need to finish the last couple vehicles and will get comprehensive picks out. Will do an edit later for my vows in the Orktober event if that is copesetic?

Edited by The_Chaplain