=] 12 Months of Hobby Challenge 2021 [=

Grotsmasha

Alright, since Zuz'shashon took less time than I expected and I've got some free days comimg up, I'll vow again.

I, Lord_Ikka, vow to finish for August three Skorpekh Destroyers and a Monolith.

5eSohPo.jpg

I, WGEinar, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of  August pledge to complete 3 Ultramarines 4th Company Inceptors by month's end.

Been a while since I have done this :smile.:

Inceptors for the 4th complete. :)

++++ Unidentified subject. Supported the Ashers in their recent attack on our mustering fields.

Individual responsible for inflicting over 100 casualties. Size and speed suggest advanced gene modification, and armour matches early Astartes pattern. No identifying markings. Loyalty unknown. Inform the Holy Ordos...... and send word to the Warmasters aides, reinforcements will be delayed ++++

IMG-20210815-230917.jpg

IMG-20210815-230933.jpg

IMG-20210815-230929.jpg

IMG-20210815-230924.jpg

As it turns out, the second baby puts way more of a dent in your hobby time than the first one. Which is why 'm only now posting a vow for August, and why it's quite small.

jackals

I, Rogue, vow to complete one (just one) of these Jackals before the end of August. It might happen.

Now, he's a bit further on at this point than the photo shows, because I took that two weeks ago, but I'm still putting down base colours, so I'm not feeling all that confident. That said, I'm on a two-and-a-half year streak of monthly completions, so I have the motivation right there. As long as everyone else stays asleep... 

Ugh. :sweat:
So last month I rebased a small army and still found time to finally paint three Sisters Repentia.
This month, though, I don't even have enough time to sleep. :ermm:

So I'm going to the old hobby fallback: more bodies for the horde.

I, Ace Debonair, hereby embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge! For the month of August, I pledge to complete One (1) Poxwalker of the Hollow Knights Warband by month's end!
gallery_46204_9220_179550.jpg
At least he looks happy about getting some more paint on him at last. :biggrin.:

I don't know what I'll do when I run out of poxwalkers for months like this.
By which I mean, I don't know if I'll buy yet more of these, or another box of choppy-gaunts for my 'nids! :laugh.:

I tell you what, this thread is just wall-to-wall motivation. There's some beautiful stuff on show here, brothers.

As soon as I finished catching up with the thread, I couldn't wait to get started on painting!

With that said, VOW COMPLETE!

gallery_46204_9220_51297.jpg

Percy the Poxwalker with Purple Pants joins his erstwhile companions in the shambling hordes of the Hollow Knights, driven by an overwhelming need to consume living flesh.

What a characterful model! Like it really much! :yes:

++++ Unidentified subject. Supported the Ashers in their recent attack on our mustering fields.
Individual responsible for inflicting over 100 casualties. Size and speed suggest advanced gene modification, and armour matches early Astartes pattern. No identifying markings. Loyalty unknown. Inform the Holy Ordos...... and send word to the Warmasters aides, reinforcements will be delayed ++++

IMG-20210815-230917.jpg

IMG-20210815-230933.jpg

IMG-20210815-230929.jpg

IMG-20210815-230924.jpg

August

I, Reclusiarch Jolemai , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of August pledge to complete 1x Chaplain and 1x Razorback by month's end.

gallery_62972_9848_391389.jpg
gallery_62972_9848_205522.jpg

To do:
  • Chassis, assault cannon, lascannon need tidying and highlighting
  • Heavy bolter and bling needs building and painting
  • Chaplain needs to be at least battle ready

Gonna be close but this is the earliest I could have vowed :verymad:

Here are the painted test prints. I just banged them out as fast as I could as low of a resolution as possible (0.28mm), so these are in no way representative of the potential quality the tiles have. I print models at 0.04mm on FDM, finer on my Resin printer.

gallery_48988_16869_99498.jpg

gallery_48988_16869_88818.jpg

gallery_48988_16869_127351.jpg

gallery_48988_16869_134013.jpg

gallery_48988_16869_110589.jpg

I went for the LOS blocking tiles.

At some point I will do the surrounding wall tiles to make the board a complete scene

Here are the painted test prints. I just banged them out as fast as I could as low of a resolution as possible (0.28mm), so these are in no way representative of the potential quality the tiles have. I print models at 0.04mm on FDM, finer on my Resin printer.

They look pretty darn good for fast-as-possible low-res. The hazard stripe one is the only one I think looks a bit janky with the print lines visible. I could see using that texture as wood, though.

They look pretty darn good for fast-as-possible low-res. The hazard stripe one is the only one I think looks a bit janky with the print lines visible. I could see using that texture as wood, though.

Hazard Lines are undeniably terri-bad, but everything else is quite acceptable

August vows complete, with the Monolith done. Big model, but fun to paint even though I was cursing at points. If I ever get another one, will definitely paint in subsections.

xeb0Y7a.jpg

ZAsUZtx.jpg

WPTIqeW.jpg

RtHX3FL.jpg

vA1kpyS.jpg

Edited by Lord_Ikka

Im gonna do something a little bit different this month, Im going to build a games table. There will be some dead Guardsmen buried in rubble somewhere so it technically counts as 'painting minis'. :biggrin.:

I, Slave to Darkness, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of June pledge to complete 2 dead Guardsmen on a large cityfight base (4 foot by 3.5 foot) by the months end'

Ill bang the before pic up after midnight to make it official. :thumbsup:

Well real life happened and I was away from the hobby for a bit... But I have not forgotten, for my failure and missing a few months I will play catch up, but as I am moving house in a week I dont know when I will have internet access so I will kinda vow ahead for september as well so I know Ill have a target to get internet by and do some adulting... 

Blah blah blah I slave to Darkness vow to catch up on my whoopsies and vow ahead to complete the following... 

June vow - Table as mentioned. 

July vow - Khornate Squat Hearthguard (x4), Khornate Renegade Guardsmen x20 (assorted) and some scratch built Chaos/Khorne scatter terrain (min 1 big bit and 4 small). 

August vow - Slaaneshi Genestealer Patriarch, Chaos Spawn, Slaaneshii Vindicator and a Slaaneshii Land Raider.

September vow - 35ish  Guardsmen, Mix of Whiteshields, Veterans, Heavy Weapons teams and Characters.

by the end of September.I have no life and no friends so I swear by the Pantheon I will be victorious. 

Oh and keep up the good work guys, Im slowly going through what I have missed and as usual Im loving what I am seeing... :tu: