Archeotech - OOC and General Discussion

Trokair

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

I have edited my last story post to include some more details.

As you can no doubt guess from it the next part of your journey is going to be into the darkness. The start of that will come in the next day or two.

As I see it Kasimir is out of action and Ariel will stay with him and Colm, so the party venturing forward will be the active players only.

However if you feel the need for the autopiloted player PC to tag along as support,  then narratively Ariel can be persuaded to come along. Furthermore Ravia could, if needed, take control of Kasimir’s implants. Kazimir will still be unconscious, but the body could then act as a pseudo servitor, moving along to programmed commands. This is no good for Kasimirs recovery, so while I nthis state he will not heal, additionally the discomfort of seeing your comrade used in such a way will case 1d5 insanity points for each party member.

Questions?

Edited by Trokair

There are 5 high power battery operated torches (or equivalent) in David’s supplies. Each should last 12 hours on high power and well over 72 at low power.  3 are of sufficient size and weight that they will require one hand to use at all times. The other 2 are smaller and lighter and can be attached to other gear, such as hard hats/helmets, or autoguns or whatever else makes sense.

Given how well equipped the expedition should be and what may therefore be in David’s supplies I think any reasonable equipment you can think of is probably available, but it may be limited in number due to such thing as petty corruption in the supply chain at the beginning or damage and loss over your journey. So say what you think you need and if there is an issue with any particular item I’ll mention it.

• 2 weeks later...

A.T. is right, as it stands, even with a run up, Varn is currently falling into the chasm having made it about half way or just under.  

This won’t be lethal as eventually the grapple rope secured against the rail will run of slack and arrest his fall, though possibly with quite the sudden jerk (that could result in Varn losing his grip on the grapple gun/rope) and/or smash into the nearside wall.

Let me know if you want to let the jump stand as is, or if we are editing/retconning the jump in its entirety, perhaps it was just a plan Varn suggested and one of the others stop him from actually jumping.

14 hours ago, Trokair said:

A.T. is right, as it stands, even with a run up, Varn is currently falling into the chasm having made it about half way or just under.  

This won’t be lethal as eventually the grapple rope secured against the rail will run of slack and arrest his fall, though possibly with quite the sudden jerk (that could result in Varn losing his grip on the grapple gun/rope) and/or smash into the nearside wall.

Let me know if you want to let the jump stand as is, or if we are editing/retconning the jump in its entirety, perhaps it was just a plan Varn suggested and one of the others stop him from actually jumping.

Alright I'll edit to Varn suggesting it as a plan that gets shot down in flames.

4 hours ago, Machine God said:

Alright I'll edit to Varn suggesting it as a plan that gets shot down in flames.

It wasent a bad plan, just not one that had the requiered reach. 

So is everybody content with shooting the grappel across or are we making a bridge?

Sorry if it wasn't clear in my post - Aria carried a heavier rope with her across the gap (so that the others could catch her with it if the grapple gave way).

Once on the other side she would have pulled more of the length across so that it could be secured firmly with hammered pitons at either end - then the rest can just pull themselves awkwardly across with their clip harnesses without worrying that the grapple will fail.

11 minutes ago, A.T. said:

Sorry if it wasn't clear in my post - Aria carried a heavier rope with her across the gap (so that the others could catch her with it if the grapple gave way).

Once on the other side she would have pulled more of the length across so that it could be secured firmly with hammered pitons at either end - then the rest can just pull themselves awkwardly across with their clip harnesses without worrying that the grapple will fail.

I was thinking that something like that would be a good idea. Just did not mention it to see if anybody else would suggest it.

So now that the rope is secured failure on your climb is going to be less dangerous.

Also, for clarity (seeing Varn’s post), the +25 to the climb mentioned was including the Ordinary +10 and +15 clip harness. However Varn’s across either way so no worries there.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/19/2024 at 1:11 AM, Lord_Ikka said:

Bridge or Engineerium would probably be the best locations to try to head to- most likely to either be able to find out what happened to the ship or get power started.

Anybody else have a preference? If not I'll do a coin flip as to which one you end up heading towards.