The Warmaster Titan is revealed!

Rapiers!

Given that the Warmaster is happening with the Loyalist Legios book, I would expect another Titan to be with the Traitor Legios book...

it fits with Legio Audax/Ember Wolves's scale limit if the traitor legion book adds smaller ones.

though seeing how that limit goes up to the gap between Warhounds and Reavers, that might suggest that whatever will be filling that gap is likely already designed, or will be designed with that Legio in mind. though the Rapier is said to be smaller than the Warhound, so we don't even have a clue for that other gap in the scales... besides likely being classified as a Scout Titan.

Edited by RipOffProductions

I’d love to see corrupted titans sooner rather than later, but I suspect if they’re going to release another Titan in relatively quick succession after the Warmaster, it will be the Bellicosa-armed Warbringer kit. Very happy to be proved wrong, though!

I also suspect the Warbringer variant will be plastic, whereas the Corrupted Titans may well be resin upgrades like the Warlord Sinister. I also won’t be holding my breath for a Warmaster variant soon after the first comes out, that would only serve to split sales, they’ll want to make sure the majority of people who want a Warmaster has bought one before they finally release a variant! Unless it’s all resin weapon upgrades, of course.

As one of the reactor systems mentions melee weapons/attacks, maybe there'll be a melee arm. I'd certainly like arm options on my warmaster...

Wasn't that just referring to it's Smash attacks? Not that I'd say no to a Warmaster scale Combat Weapon (can you imagine the size of it?) but I'd rather have a Warlord Chainfist  and Vortex missiles :D

Everytime I look at its sheet is less and less competitive, you're better off with three reavers

It's almost 4 Reavers!! I'm getting two regardless :D Because we play with Titanic Stompy Robots for a reason.

I'd expect a variant of the Warmaster. Wasn't there description that sounded like a siege variant with a wrecking ball for an arm?

wasn't that titan described as a Warlord variant though?

It doesn't mention a class, just it's a "siege titan" and that it's bigger than a warlord.

Sagitta Auri and the Warlord Dei Deus moved ahead of the siege Titan Atranican, a heavy model equipped for battery, with a wrecking ball for one hand and a multi-headed drill on the other, both shimmering with disruption fields. The two smaller Titans shielded the heavier engine with their bodies, firing as they walked. Mohana Mankata Vi ordered it to be so. Atranican’s delivery to the wall was all that mattered, if her part in the siege was to have any meaning at all. 

Could be a Warmaster variant, though it's rather imprecise, suggesting that this was all put down before anything to do with the Warmaster had materialised in SG. Not that there was a huge amount of detail on the Rapier earlier in the book either, mind, but at least that had a capitalised class name.

Either way I wouldn't be holding my breath for a new Warmaster variant so soon after release for the reasons Zodd mentions.

New titan for traitors will be corrupted titans

That wouldn't follow their business strategy, though.

Making a Titan usable by all Legios maximizes sales and is in keeping with all their other releases.

That said, it's entirely possible that we'll start seeing Traitor modifications to existing classes.

If I remember correctly the siege titan was a warlord with a powerfist and a wrecking ball.

In storm of iron there is a titan with assault platforms for terminators, wouldn't it be cool if something like this came back?

Wait, there’s a business strategy?

Corrupted titans would be cool to see and the traitor book would be a logical place to put their rules. That means nothing though. They’ll be released when the model’s done.

Personally I’d almost prefer it I’d they didn’t release a model, but instead told us to go ahead and convert them. A corrupted titans could be anywhere between something with no visible external changes, to a hulking fleshy mass of rotten flesh, barely recognisable as a Titan.

I agree. I'm not that keen on GW developing corrupted Titans for us since their track record of doing such has been very... generic and mild. Obviously there's nothing stopping us from doing it anyhow, but I would prefer that it be left to the player or not touched upon at all.

Where is this from?!

Official WHC instagram

Oh, I thought it was a recolour of another image, as there is that slim line at the bottom of the image with a different colour scheme/background.

Nope. That's just from me cropping the image on my phone.

• 2 weeks later...