The Warmaster Titan is revealed!

New titan for traitors will be corrupted titans

That wouldn't follow their business strategy, though.

Making a Titan usable by all Legios maximizes sales and is in keeping with all their other releases.

That said, it's entirely possible that we'll start seeing Traitor modifications to existing classes.

Well they made Psi-titans, and there are already rules mentions of corrupted titans.

• 3 weeks later...

Thats around about £115 if the currency converter is anything to go by. It's a bit more than I guessed but not really that fussed. I'm still probably going to get two and a Battleforce......... and the book. 

Well.......... That's £400 before paints lol.

According to the pricing on the soul wars set & cadian defence force (priced at $160 & $185 USD respectively), the warmaster should be £95 and the battleforce £110, which is a pretty amazing saving considering it's only £10 more than the original battleforce for a whole extra warbinger titan, assuming those prices convert the same.

I’m certainly tempted by two warmasters. It’s arguably the first engine that’s better for my Mortis force than my Astorum, as it’s likely to kill something or other and then enjoy rerolls to hit. Not that an Astorum one will be bad, of course.

The precept maniple is a tricky one. I don’t need it, but it’s a tough deal to pass up on.

But would you pre-order both on Sat? I'm just curious really if people are actually planning on that. We often struggle for AT stock on release now (the transfers are the worst, but remember the open war cards?) Would we not all benefit from not taking more than we can paint to spread the love on Saturday?

But would you pre-order both on Sat? I'm just curious really if people are actually planning on that. We often struggle for AT stock on release now (the transfers are the worst, but remember the open war cards?) Would we not all benefit from not taking more than we can paint to spread the love on Saturday?

This is a tricky one. I should probably stick to one for my own sanity. I’m not worried about getting hold of them though, for me or anyone else. The plastic kits are frequently reprinted even if they do sometimes run out. I don’t think I’d be depriving anyone else if I got more than one.

There’s arguably more of an issue with things like transfers, cards and resin. I’ve managed to get all the card packs so far and hope I continue to, but I’ve never ordered more than one set.

The precept box is likely to be limited. Arguably that’s the one I shouldn’t get. It’s five engines I don’t really need, and a great starter for someone else.

Edited by Mandragola

The Precept maniple box does look great value. The reason I'm probably not going to buy it (other than the many unfinished titans I already have!) is the loadouts it comes with. It looks like it's got the quake cannon Warbringer and volcano cannon Warlord, and I've already got enough of those. I can understand it not coming with the unreleased volcano cannon armed Warbringer, but I'd prefer it if the Warlord they included was the plasma one.

As for the Warmaster, I too will end up with two of the things, I expect, but I'm only going to buy one on release. Warlords take long enough; this thing is so big, it's going to take quite a while to build and paint.

As for the Warmaster, I too will end up with two of the things, I expect, but I'm only going to buy one on release. Warlords take long enough; this thing is so big, it's going to take quite a while to build and paint.

I think this is the right approach. I can manage one of them. Adding two to the grey pile of shame would be a bit depressing. Same with the precept maniple really.

I'll recommend that box to friends but leave it myself.

The Precept maniple box does look great value. The reason I'm probably not going to buy it (other than the many unfinished titans I already have!) is the loadouts it comes with. It looks like it's got the quake cannon Warbringer and volcano cannon Warlord, and I've already got enough of those. I can understand it not coming with the unreleased volcano cannon armed Warbringer, but I'd prefer it if the Warlord they included was the plasma one.

God yh, I appreciate the reaver is the alternative set to the one in the original battleforce, but the warlord being the volcano version pushes it from a definite buy to a maybe from me - I'm sure it's similar for other folks who got the 1st battleforce/ the grandmaster set

Edited by Iron Hands Fanatic

I was thinking the same tbh, and ive avoided picking up too many Volcano Warlords already.

Well, that and i recently picked up 2 reavers, a warbringer and a warhound lol 

I kind of prefer the bellicosa warlord due to the missile launchers, which are way better than laser blasters and not available anywhere else. If going for 3 Warlords I think I'd recommend two of those and one with plasma, then getting a couple of mori quake cannons and macro gatlings and a set of roof gatlings. You'd have a lot of freedom in how you armed them then - though not hte option to give each one a sunfury... and most of the bellicosas would be unused. 

Anyway the bellicosa Warlord is fine. Get a quake cannon and you've got a great support engine. The plasma one needs a resin macro gatling and something for the roof for best results.

By and large the middle head is my favorite, but I think the knight style one will look significantly better with a different color scheme. Its nice to see pictures of the top, looks like it may be easy to make a pseudo-emperator out of it with only a little bit of conversion. 

They made a coment about the armpit weapons being "fullsized warhound arm weapons." a bit of wishful thinking about a warhound with two Apocalypse aray arms. It wouldnt be great, but it would be a hilariously long range for such a small titan.

Edited by The boater

"Extra.... Large"
UihmZc8BISQd2G1P.jpg

By and large the middle head is my favorite, but I think the knight style one will look significantly better with a different color scheme. Its nice to see pictures of the top, looks like it may be easy to make a pseudo-emperator out of it with only a little bit of conversion.

I'm gonna use the Knightly head for my Ingatum Warmaster :yes:

Edited by Gederas