Sons of the Lion (DA Special Doctrines)

jaxom

Storm speeders getting jink might actually tempt me to buy some. The only thing holding me back on them was their flimsyness compared to similar options.

What are you comparing it too? I'm curious.
3 Land speeders with MM is only 40 points more than the hammerstrike, with more damage output and 8 more total wounds.

2 ATVs with MM are same price as hammerstrike for slightly worse damage output and 6 more total wounds, although they are 1 less toughness.

3 attack bikes with MM are 5 points less than hammerstrike for more damage output and 2 more wounds, although 1 less toughness.

Edited by ShadowCore67

Storm speeders getting jink might actually tempt me to buy some. The only thing holding me back on them was their flimsyness compared to similar options.

What are you comparing it too? I'm curious.
3 Land speeders with MM is only 40 points more than the hammerstrike, with more damage output and 8 more total wounds.

2 ATVs with MM are same price as hammerstrike for slightly worse damage output and 6 more total wounds, although they are 1 less toughness.

3 attack bikes with MM are 5 points less than hammerstrike for more damage output and 2 more wounds, although 1 less toughness.

3 Landspeeders: given that the High Speed Focus stratagem has now changed to being able to target a single Ravenwing vehicle instead of the whole unit, this is where the Storm Speeder benefits.

2 ATVs: obvious point, but they can’t fly, so are more impacted by terrain. Don’t even benefit from High Speed Focus as they don’t have the VEHICLE keyword. Lots of S5 weaponry around means that T6 is a big difference.

3 Attack Bikes: the big advantage that they have over the other units is that they have the CORE keyword (making them eligible for auras) and can also be revived by an apothecary. This has been the option that I have been considering the most.

I need on my sig something like " I play Dark Angels and I'm not going to apologize for it".

Now honestly, if there is one thing I'll love 9th for is that the supposedly most badass terminator company of the Imperium is something that will make people sweat bolter bullets instead of being another paint job.

Edited by Brother Ramael

I need on my sig something like " I play Dark Angels and I'm not going to apologize for it".

Now honestly, if there is one thing I'll love 9th for is that the supposedly most badass terminator company of the Imperium is something that will make people sweat bolter bullets instead of being another paint job.

I don’t feel bad. I’ve been with this faction since middle school so running close on 16 years without changing once! Loyalty is its own reward, right?

I don’t feel bad. I’ve been with this faction since middle school so running close on 16 years without changing once! Loyalty is its own reward, right?

2nd edition here; I bought the book for the BA and then....

Based on what I see, Master Bel is kind of a beatstick, on top of all the old stuff he has the -1D warlord trait, talk about scary...

Calibanite Knight as a WL trait is quite cool too....

Edit on edit: this is quite hilarious https://www.goonhammer.com/there-will-be-no-apologies-for-my-reign-of-terror/

Edited by Brother Ramael

2nd edition here; I bought the book for the BA and then....

I'm a youngin by your standards. Started at the end of 7th Edition, didn't even get the chance to buy a codex before the edition change :lol:

Based on what I see, Master Bel is kind of a beatstick, on top of all the old stuff he has the -1D warlord trait, talk about scary...

Calibanite Knight as a WL trait is quite cool too....

Edit on edit: this is quite hilarious https://www.goonhammer.com/there-will-be-no-apologies-for-my-reign-of-terror/

I'm very excited to be honest.

And Greg's Hot Take is hilarious

Dark angels was my chapter since 6th with dark vengeance. I always wanted a dw army but never did because of viability. Green/Deathwing was always my flavor. After reading the reviews, I’m very happy to say that DW dream may come into fruition. I am very excited, and now I’m wondering how I will kit out my strike master