DA Stab at 2k Primaris only New Codex

Arbiter7

++ Outrider Detachment -3CP (Imperium - Adeptus Astartes - Dark Angels) [22 PL, -3CP, 500pts] ++

+ HQ +

Primaris Chaplain on Bike: 3. Exhortation of Rage, 3. Outrider, Benediction of Fury, Warlord

+ Fast Attack +

Invader ATV Squad 

. Invader ATV: Multi-melta

Outrider Squad

Outrider Squad

++ Patrol Detachment -2CP (Imperium - Adeptus Astartes - Dark Angels) [74 PL, -2CP, 1,480pts] ++

+ HQ +

Librarian in Phobos Armour 

+ Troops +

Infiltrator Squad: Helix gauntlet

. 9x Infiltrator: 9x Bolt pistol, 9x Frag & Krak grenades, 9x Marksman bolt carbine

. Infiltrator Sergeant

Intercessor Squad : Astartes Grenade Launcher, Bolt rifle

. 4x Intercessor: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades

. Intercessor Sergeant

+ Elites +

Bladeguard Ancient 

Bladeguard Veteran Squad 

. 5x Bladeguard Veteran: 5x Frag & Krak grenades, 5x Heavy Bolt Pistol, 5x Master-crafted power sword, 5x Storm Shield

. Bladeguard Veteran Sergeant: Heavy Bolt Pistol

+ Heavy Support +

Eradicator Squad: Melta rifle

. 2x Eradicator: 2x Bolt pistol

. Eradicator Sgt

Hellblaster Squad : Assault Plasma Incinerator

. 9x Hellblaster: 9x Bolt pistol, 9x Frag & Krak grenades

. Hellblaster Sergeant: Plasma pistol

+ Dedicated Transport +

Impulsor : 2x Storm Bolters, Ironhail Heavy Stubber, Shield Dome

Impulsor : 2x Storm Bolters, Ironhail Heavy Stubber, Shield Dome

The plan is that the Outriders rock out T1 to grab objectives, forcing fire on them. Librarian supports the action by hiding in the unit of infiltrators. Infiltrators can be combat squadded to make a second no-drop zone in your deployment zone if needed.

The Infiltrators and Outriders hold said objectives until the two Impulsors filled with dakka and fighty goodness arrive to clear out anything that was sent against them.

Standard Intercessors provide backfield support, perhaps with a combat squadded Infiltrator squad.

Eradicators either rock up with the Bladeguard or outflank depending on circumstances.

Thoughts? 

++ Total: [96 PL, -5CP, 1,980pts] ++

Edited by Brother Tyler
Tags edited

I'd almost want to fit in 2 BGV squads, but that would probably cost another CP to run a Vanguard instead of Patrol.

I personally don't mind hoofing it, but I totally understand the benefits of the impulsors. It feels a little light on anti-armor (outside of turns where you combine overcharging and WFTDA), but that's only because the eradicators are slow.

I'd almost want to fit in 2 BGV squads, but that would probably cost another CP to run a Vanguard instead of Patrol.

I personally don't mind hoofing it, but I totally understand the benefits of the impulsors. It feels a little light on anti-armor (outside of turns where you combine overcharging and WFTDA), but that's only because the eradicators are slow.

Mmm maybe swap the Hellblasters with a second unit of BGV and have two rock up the centre on Impulsors? Frees some space for more anti-tank! 

How about this. Looks filthy!

++ Outrider Detachment -3CP (Imperium - Adeptus Astartes - Dark Angels) [22 PL, 9CP, 495pts] ++

+ HQ +

Primaris Chaplain on Bike 3. Exhortation of Rage, Benediction of Fury, Brilliant Strategist, Warlord

Invader ATV Squad
. Invader ATV: Onslaught Gatling Cannon

Outrider Squad  

Outrider Squad  

++ Vanguard Detachment -3CP (Imperium - Adeptus Astartes - Dark Angels) [78 PL, -3CP, 1,505pts] ++

+ HQ +

Primaris Librarian

+ Troops +

Intercessor Squad Astartes Grenade Launcher, Bolt rifle

Intercessor Squad Astartes Grenade Launcher, Bolt rifle

+ Elites +

Apothecary

Bladeguard Ancient

Bladeguard Veteran Squad
. 4x Bladeguard Veteran Bladeguard Veteran Sergeant

Bladeguard Veteran Squad
. 4x Bladeguard Veteran Bladeguard Veteran Sergeant

Redemptor Dreadnought 2x Fragstorm Grenade Launchers, Macro Plasma Incinerator, Onslaught Gatling Cannon

Redemptor Dreadnought 2x Fragstorm Grenade Launchers, Macro Plasma Incinerator, Onslaught Gatling Cannon

+ Heavy Support +

Hellblaster Squad Assault Plasma Incinerator
. 9x Hellblaster: 9x Bolt pistol, 9x Frag & Krak grenades
. Hellblaster Sergeant: Bolt pistol

++ Total: [100 PL, 6CP, 2,000pts] ++

That centre line will be utter filth with 10 transhuman Bladeguard supported by an ancient, the apothecary and two redemptors! especially when the hellblasters rock up behind them!

Isn't it going to cost you 6 CP just to put this army on the table? It would make more sense to me to field 1 more Troops choice and reorganize this list into a battalion. A battalion has the 6 Elite slots you're using here, and in no other category are you using more than 3 slots. Juggle some points around to free up 100pts for one more Intercessor Squad and save 6 CP.

Isn't it going to cost you 6 CP just to put this army on the table? It would make more sense to me to field 1 more Troops choice and reorganize this list into a battalion. A battalion has the 6 Elite slots you're using here, and in no other category are you using more than 3 slots. Juggle some points around to free up 100pts for one more Intercessor Squad and save 6 CP.

The warlord in the outrider will refund the points because they're all RW

I am not in love with the Bladeguard Ancient. He is quite expensive and has little offensive output of his own. You have other ways to get +1 to Hit with BGs (including just standing still :tongue.:).

Drop him and that would give you most of the points you need to re-organise as a Battalion. I would also suggest upgrading the Apothecary to a Master with the Selfless Healer WLT. It's a cheap upgrade that really boosts his abilities.

The warlord in the outrider will refund the points because they're all RW

Fair. Still, even 3 CP is a pretty high opportunity cost to pay when a slight change would save it.

The other unit that looks like it could potentially be swapped out is the Invader. It just provides a bit of mobile dakka. If you swap it for some Intercessors with Auto Bolt Rifles, you get a decent exchange of firepower, another ObjSec squad and save you 3CPs. You could use 1 or 2 of those CPs for extra Warlord traits. I have already mentioned Selfless Healer but those 2 big squad of Bladeguard would really benefit from Rights of War to give them ObjSec. Here is how I would tweak the list.

Battalion 0 CPs

HQ Primaris Chaplain on Bike, Benediction of Fury

HQ Primaris Librarian (Warlord) Rites of War, Armour Indomitus (-1CP)

Troop 5 Intercessors Bolt rifles, AGL

Troop 5 Intercessors Bolt rifles, AGL

Troop 5 Intercessors Auto bolt rifles, AGL

Elite Primaris Apothecary, Hero of the Chapter (Selfless Healer) (-1CP)

Elite 5 Bladeguard Veterans

Elite 5 Bladeguard Veterans

Elite Redemptor with MCP and OGC

Elite Redemptor with MCP and OGC

Fast 3 Outriders

Fast 3 Outriders

Heavy 10 Hellbasters, Assault plasma incinerators

This comes to about 1940 points and you start with a healthy 10 CPs. If you want, you could drop 1 Hellblaster and use the spare points to buy back either the Invader or the Bladeguard Ancient if you wish. You also have enough CPs to buy another WLT or Relic if you want.

Armour Indomitus is a solid pick for the Librarian as it makes him quite a bit more durable. I have left out Brilliant Strategist as I don't think it benefits this army very much. I think that Rites of War will give you far more benefit due to your durable Elite units. Of course if you want to add it back in, you can just spend an extra CP to keep it and you are still ahead.

Karhedron! Takes me years back when I played Eldar and lurked on Warseer! Hope you are well. Massive regret for selling my fav army but I thought that moving to a new country would mean no more 40k. 6 years later I only have regrets...!

Thank you for commenting (and Raziel) but I need to point out that the outrider detachment is a must as it gives Obsec to the outriders and the ATV per the new 2nd company rules!

A single battalion doesn't - unless I've misunderstood the new rules? My codex hasn't arrived yet.

Hi Arbiter7. Welcome back to the game. :smile.:

I understand the value of fast moving ObjSec units. However it is only Bikes and Outriders who gain this ability I think. Not Invaders. The rule specifies squad names rather than Keywords I think.

tgqfJ8dy2o5mJXXj-500x443.jpg

What this means is that you are paying 3CPs to give 2 units ObjSec. If you buy a character the Rites of War trait, they can give multiple units (including himself) in their aura range ObjSec for just 1CP. At the end of the day it is your call obviously but personally I think I would rather save a couple of CPs and have the ability to give ObjSec to something like the Bladeguard squads as they are harder shift than curry stains on a white shirt! :biggrin.:

I was thinking of making a very similar list with some minor differences, so didn't want to make an identical thread and hope you dont mind me asking this here.  Do you think 10 assault hellblasters or 5 Eradicators would be the better pick to support the bulk of this force?  I have both of these available but unsure as the Eradicators make room for the BGV Ancient.  Thanks

Edited by Brother Quinn

Its a tough call. Hellblaster have a higher RoF but Eradicators hit harder against larger targets so they are fairly evenly balanced.

In the specific case of Dark Angels I would lean in favour of Assault Hellblasters thanks to "Weapons from the Dark Age". Combined with overcharging, the unit can potentially dish out 90 wounds! That is a crazy amount of damage against anything less than T8.

The big question is whether WFTDA is still in the new codex in its current form.

Indeed. I was thinking of using a 6-man inceptor unit (combat-squadding) instead of the hell blasters (as they come in the two combat patrol boxes I will need). They do have a much smaller number of shots though. But can reach tanks creeping in the backfield I guess so you win some you lose some.

Edited by Arbiter7

The thing to remember is that each Inceptors have Blast meaning that if you are shooting at a squad of 6 or more, they will actually get more shots than a 10-man squad of Assault Hellbasters.

Against single, large targets, they do not get quite the same number of shots but their shots are S7/8 rather than the S6/7 of Assault Hellbalsters. This means that they will actually put more damage on T7/8 targets due to wounding more easily.

They have access to the same THP strat for durability and they also have access to the Gravis strat for protecting against small-arms fire. If you heal or resurrect one of these guys with an Apothecary, that is an impressive number of points you can restore.

Its a tough call. Hellblaster have a higher RoF but Eradicators hit harder against larger targets so they are fairly evenly balanced.

In the specific case of Dark Angels I would lean in favour of Assault Hellblasters thanks to "Weapons from the Dark Age". Combined with overcharging, the unit can potentially dish out 90 wounds! That is a crazy amount of damage against anything less than T8.

The big question is whether WFTDA is still in the new codex in its current form.

That's definitely an upside to them for sure.  They also seem well equipped to handle a wide variety of enemy units.  One downside is its on an easier to remove platform so may need some additional build around to thoroughly get the most out of them.  The other downside is the cost. I'm really liking adding the BGV ancient for that +1 to hit and allows me to take the -1 damage relic if that proves to be useful, as taking the eradicators frees up those extra points.  Decisions, decisions!  Thanks for the reply.  

Edited by Brother Quinn

The BGV Ancient does not impress me much as he has minimal damage output of his own and +1 to-Hit is easy to come by (Dark Angels can do it just by standing still :biggrin.:). I think the new Pennant of Remembrance relic is Deathwing Ancient only. I know the BGV Ancient has the Deathwing Keyword but I don't think that is enough. I think it specifically has to be the DW Ancient.

My goodness being new to marines this apothecary combo is just too powerful...!

It is very good. In most Chapters, it is limited to some extent by the Apothecary having a move of 6". Blood Angels and Dark Angels can give them Jump Packs and Bikes respectively which allows them to keep up with much higher value units.

I would not be surprised if GW increases the price of the Chief Apothecary upgade in a future update as it is virtually a no-brainer at the moment.

Edited by Karhedron