DA Stab at 2k Primaris only New Codex

Arbiter7

The BGV Ancient does not impress me much as he has minimal damage output of his own and +1 to-Hit is easy to come by (Dark Angels can do it just by standing still :biggrin.:). I think the new Pennant of Remembrance relic is Deathwing Ancient only. I know the BGV Ancient has the Deathwing Keyword but I don't think that is enough. I think it specifically has to be the DW Ancient.

My word, I know that’s our chapter tactic but literally didn’t think of that in this context! Haha thanks for the reminder

I think the new Pennant of Remembrance relic is Deathwing Ancient only. I know the BGV Ancient has the Deathwing Keyword but I don't think that is enough. I think it specifically has to be the DW Ancient.

I have finally got the codex in my hands and it looks like I need to eat a slice of humble pie. :ohmy.:

The BGV Ancient can indeed take the Pennant of Remembrance which completely changes the maths on him in my opinion. The -1Damage ability on that BGV squad makes them even more tanky than they already are and more than justifies bringing the Ancient, even with his minimal combat abilities.