Biker army is super cool, but wondering just how competitve it will be. I am also unsure on how some of the rules work

So outrider detachment.

I am not sure how successor work with this. If possibe i will take the Rapid Assault & Master Artisan (to stop killing myself with plasma lol

HQ

Captain on Bike

- Storm Shield

- Thunder Hammer

- WLT: Champion of Humanity

- Relic: Armour Indomitus

Talon Master

Talon Master

Elites

9 Black Knights

- 9 Corvius Hammers

Ravenwing Appothecary

- Master Appothecary

- WLT: Selfless Healer

Ravenwing Ancient

- WLT: Rites of War

- Repentant

Fast Attack

3 x 5 Bike Squads each with

- 3 Bikers

- 2 Melta Guns

- Attack Bike

- Multi-Melta

- Sgt

- Melta Gun

3 Landspeeder Venegence

Basically I start with 9 CP and plan to spam the 4++ strat, weapons of the dark age & targeting guidance (atleast for the 1st couple of turns)

The captain is there to give re-roll 1's to the black knights to stop them killing themselves with overcharged plasma, the chaplain will give +1 to wound in both shooting and combat, but if needed will use the strat to give +1 to hit to the black knights.

The outriders are usefull to clear hordes, and the bike squads are useful for melta.

The landspeeders will sit on backfield objectives, sending the one up the field for targeting guidance. They also seem super good, and help with long range anti-tank.

Updated

So made this list more legal lol

Dropped the 2 outrider units and the chaplain for 2 talon masters and a ancient

I did like the outriders as a cheap OS throwaway unit but never mind

This starts with 9CP but i could use paragon of the chapter for an extra WLT for the captain, probably imperium sword for 7 S9 D3 attacks against a character with +1 to hit/wound

Edited by Brother Tyler
Tags edited

Your numbers seem to be a little off.

First off you have 8 fast attack units, which would require 2 outrider detachments instead of 1, meaning you would be at 6 cp at the start of the game (-3 for the second outrider detachment, -2 for your 2 extra WLT, and -1 for your extra relic.  You can leave it this way but I think that isn't enough CP to fuel your list the way you want to run it.

It also appears that you are using power rating instead of points because you exactly 100 power but are at 2065 points.  Which is fine I prefer power anyway, I just usually spell this out in points when I'm posting here.

Since you are playing power if you have the 10th black knight for the squad you should go ahead and field it, since you have already paid for it.

The simplest change to your list losing the fewest models would be to reorganized your 3 bike squads into 2 bike squads.  The way you had it with 3 bikes, 1 attack bike and 1 sergeant is 11 power.  However if you run it as 5 bikes, 1 attack bike and 1 sergeant it is still 11 power.  All you are dropping here is 1 attack bike, but you are freeing up 11 power doing so, which is one heck of a trade, because 1 attack bike isn't worth 11 power.  Over that 11 power you are also freeing up 1 of the Fast Attack slots you need to drop to fit into the single Outrider detachment.

I'm not sure if you want to keep the 3 Vengeance speeders or the 2 Outrider squads.  But either way drop 2 and add in either squadron of 2 Typhoons or 3 Tornados.  This will be an even trade on power rating, but it will save you the second Fast Attack slot you need to drop.

From here you have 11 power to spend which conveniently fits in a Dark Talon or Nephilim.  Or instead of that Dark Talon you could do something slightly more brazen, by trading out one of your HQ characters frees up a total of 17 power which is enough for 2 Talonmasters.  

1. Captain, Chaplin, and Dark Talon or Nephilim
  2. Captain and 2 Talonmasters
  3. Chaplain and 2 Talonmasters

Not a clear or easy choice.  But this will put you into a single Outrider and set you at 9 CP to start the game.

Your numbers seem to be a little off.

First off you have 8 fast attack units, which would require 2 outrider detachments instead of 1, meaning you would be at 6 cp at the start of the game (-3 for the second outrider detachment, -2 for your 2 extra WLT, and -1 for your extra relic. You can leave it this way but I think that isn't enough CP to fuel your list the way you want to run it.

It also appears that you are using power rating instead of points because you exactly 100 power but are at 2065 points. Which is fine I prefer power anyway, I just usually spell this out in points when I'm posting here.

Since you are playing power if you have the 10th black knight for the squad you should go ahead and field it, since you have already paid for it.

The simplest change to your list losing the fewest models would be to reorganized your 3 bike squads into 2 bike squads. The way you had it with 3 bikes, 1 attack bike and 1 sergeant is 11 power. However if you run it as 5 bikes, 1 attack bike and 1 sergeant it is still 11 power. All you are dropping here is 1 attack bike, but you are freeing up 11 power doing so, which is one heck of a trade, because 1 attack bike isn't worth 11 power. Over that 11 power you are also freeing up 1 of the Fast Attack slots you need to drop to fit into the single Outrider detachment.

I'm not sure if you want to keep the 3 Vengeance speeders or the 2 Outrider squads. But either way drop 2 and add in either squadron of 2 Typhoons or 3 Tornados. This will be an even trade on power rating, but it will save you the second Fast Attack slot you need to drop.

From here you have 11 power to spend which conveniently fits in a Dark Talon or Nephilim. Or instead of that Dark Talon you could do something slightly more brazen, by trading out one of your HQ characters frees up a total of 17 power which is enough for 2 Talonmasters.

• Captain, Chaplin, and Dark Talon or Nephilim
  • Captain and 2 Talonmasters
  • Chaplain and 2 Talonmasters
Not a clear or easy choice. But this will put you into a single Outrider and set you at 9 CP to start the game.

Thx for the reply.

Yea I realised I :cussed up a bit. I thought outrider was 9 fast attack, not 6...and yea I was supposed to give the captain a power maul upgraded to the relic, and the black knights have 8 hammers not 9. But that is all moot lol.

The easiest option would be to just give the chaplain and apothecary a WLT and have the captain with a relic and run 2 outriders, putting me at 8CP.

Option 2 is drop the outriders, drop the chaplain and take 2 talon masters, and an ancient/champion which is probably the better option. But I do love the chaplain biker model and I also love the outrider models which got me thinking about how easy it is to convert outriders to black knights (basically how easy it is to put plasma talons in outriders)