More Attacks... For Kabalites? (And other codex reveals)

ThePenitentOne

Lelith is going to be fine; they gave us the text of Natural Perfection because it's the ability that changed. And its new version is WAY better than the old version. 

I'm assuming all of her other abilities will still be there and that they will be unchanged.

And keep in mind that the extra 3 attacks she got, if she's your Warlord and Blood Dancer hasn't changed, can go pretty far with 2 extra hits for every 6- especially on a turn when she gets to attack twice; due to only missing on 1's and getting rerolls, she's almost a shoe-in for 18 hits in such an exchange. Even if she only fights once, you're likely looking at 9 hits.

Also, the second fight coming at the end of the phase means AFTER her consolidate move. So you want to use Look Out Sir, do ya? Well too bad, because after I kill your chaff screen with my first 9 hits, I'm consolidating at you for the next set of 9.

Im gonna wait on the new dex before condemning her but yup, underwhelming. I wouldnt take her against other named characters in most armies seeing this but we'll see. Maybe a squad killer but mostly 4s to wound, oy.

She has 3 more attacks than a Wyche hekatrix with powersword.  She is pretty underwhelming, with the stat line probably belongs around 60-65 points to see much play.  Don't understand why they didn't give her 2 damage at least, to differentiate her a bit from standard wyches.  The fight twice being at the end of the phase means she gets punched first, but honestly even 14 attacks is kinda... eh.  Basically all she is good for is killing GEQ, just kinda sad honestly.  Kinda concerns me for the rest of the codex... but here is hoping she is the anomaly.

We dont know any specific bonus on stratagems, Cult special rules, dark Eldar special rules (in compare to all new codex abilities if you take just one subfaction or just one codex book for your army)...

We dont know any special witch abilites, combat drugs etc... And her most reliable ability: to prevent enemy models to fall back which could be very potential in addition to fight twice or fall back and still allowed to attack again. 

GW should be selling us Lelith.  We shouldn't need to.  Even if she does get other bonuses, they weren't previewed.  What was presented was underwhelming.  That isn't a problem of perception.  It is a problem of presentation.

Should Power From Pain retain Eager to Flay Lelith should be able to pick her fights.  Another possibility is the Cult of Stryfe stratagem.  Lelith could end up attacking 3x in a turn.  Attacking multiple times a turn is an interesting take on what makes Drukhari so quick.  We already have two special HQs that have the ability to attack twice when they charge.

GW should be selling us Lelith.  We shouldn't need to.  Even if she does get other bonuses, they weren't previewed.  What was presented was underwhelming.  That isn't a problem of perception.  It is a problem of presentation.

Should Power From Pain retain Eager to Flay Lelith should be able to pick her fights.  Another possibility is the Cult of Stryfe stratagem.  Lelith could end up attacking 3x in a turn.  Attacking multiple times a turn is an interesting take on what makes Drukhari so quick.  We already have two special HQs that have the ability to attack twice when they charge.

Remember there's still 11 days to pre-order, with DA the previews a few tidbits before the larger reveals the week beforehand. The key will be army special rules, as with the other codecies so far.

Do we know how much she costs? That is the main indicator of worth as ever, but she looks decent so far. I think the ability to ignore charge restrictions is going to be useful as you'll be able to shift her around to maximise results and impact. As noted the ability to leave an enemy unit exposed for shooting will be very nice, plus she can charge back in again to ensure you're hitting first so it has a fair bit of utility.

Will be interesting to see how the wider rules play out of course as that's where the big picture rests, but there's only one way we know all that :tongue.: Not long to wait at least :smile.:

Do we know how much she costs? That is the main indicator of worth as ever, but she looks decent so far. I think the ability to ignore charge restrictions is going to be useful as you'll be able to shift her around to maximise results and impact. As noted the ability to leave an enemy unit exposed for shooting will be very nice, plus she can charge back in again to ensure you're hitting first so it has a fair bit of utility.

Will be interesting to see how the wider rules play out of course as that's where the big picture rests, but there's only one way we know all that :tongue.: Not long to wait at least :smile.:

Going by the assumption that we've already seen the points for the codex via the February Points update, she's 90 points. She has a lot of utility for that price that does take some finesse to use. I'm holding off full judgement until we've seen the full book!

If the 90 sticks that feels decent enough, I'm tempering my optimism until we get the release but as we've seen notable changes there is potential for quite a bit of difference which I think most agree is needed to correct some issues with the codex. Very much looking forward to seeing what comes and everyone's break downs of what we get.

You lost a lot of special characters after their introduction or continuation in 5th - Baron Sathonyx & his board, Kheradrakh a mandrake lord, Duke Sliscus the exile naval pirate, Lady Malys and her fan, and of course Vect. Lost after 3rd were Decapitator and Kruellagh. 

This is all tangential; I think its always better to view a setting and cut through strict lines and instead expand the liftstyles & complexities of a given culture. Wings might be very common among various elites in the Commoragh, or an affectation for particular warriors, as Talon of Horus suggests?

Yeah. Dark Eldar was my first army, and I've played it since I think the release in 2010. It's a shame that so many characters have been lost. We could hope that GW would listen to us dark eldar fans, but they tend to neglect their most devout followers on a regular basis. I never got to play Malys or Duke sliscus and I know that those characters would have been very fun to play. DE has never had many options for units, but atleast they used to have lots of cool HQ choices that striked ave in other players.

That sounds nice, an all round improvement. Let's hope this kind of scope applies for other improvements, it is promising that there's mention of it being easier to work with the various parts of DE society into an army. It remains to be seen what this "friendliness" means but I'm thinking the raiding detachment probably stops leaking Command Points as much? Maybe more who knows...

Article is here if anyone needs it :smile.:

Glad I held off on fighting in the Arena til the dex was in my hand; I think the Crusade content is really going to help me flesh out the politics of Commorragh and the shifting alliances. The first arena battle will happen in April once the book is in my hand. I'm on vacation next week, so I plan to finish at least one of the tiny Wych Cults I'm painting for the event.

I wonder if Crusade Wyches will be able to earn the right to have a higher proportion of Wych weapons in their squad as a Battle Honour or Requisition.

Wracks get an extra attack too? Hmmmm not bad, not bad.

poisoned(4+) weapons, toughness 5, 6+ t-shirt save and 4+ FnP combined with 3 base attacks is going to hurt for them.

Hopefully so, but I wouldn't be surprised if Wracks are one of the few that get skipped in the +1 attack increases since they were the "best performing" troop option.  But yeah I do hope they get the 3/4 attacks base.

Also: didn't they mess with Deathguard's FNP?

If so, they might mess with ours too.

I dont think so. And their 5+++ was way better then ours, so it would be a BIG BIG BIG advantage if we get -1 dmg instead.

I think that our Talos get -1 DMG after Dreadknoughts get this rule and in PA the -1dmg costum trait wasnt that OP. Instead we will loose our 4++ like Impulsors did.

But honestly this would be extremly nice

Wracks get an extra attack too? Hmmmm not bad, not bad.

poisoned(4+) weapons, toughness 5, 6+ t-shirt save and 4+ FnP combined with 3 base attacks is going to hurt for them.

Hopefully so, but I wouldn't be surprised if Wracks are one of the few that get skipped in the +1 attack increases since they were the "best performing" troop option.  But yeah I do hope they get the 3/4 attacks base.

hehe, yeh, that was sort of my point with 'wouldnt be too bad', if they get 1 extra attack its gonna be dope,

but even as it is right now they are like you said, the greatest performing unit,

so it wouldnt exactly be that big of a loss. tyed still be great.

for example, think of the wyches. they suck but people still play them. they are HOPING to get 1 extra attack,

because they need it so badly. but think of the probability of skipping an entire unit, if say

the >entire army< is supposed to get +1 atk. still, it would almost be too op.

but much point that there could actually be a buff, which would be great.

lets wait and see til the fog has disrupted.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/03/16/we-raided-codex-drukhari-and-found-7-rules-youll-want-to-see/

More rules teased today, so many great rules in here. Some Highlights for me were:

• The Return of Trueborn and the Wych/Coven equivalents
  • Everything with PfP can advance and charge from turn 2, also gets an Invulv from turn 4. Going by other 9th books I imagine there will be some flexibility for increase the turn on this table like Doctrines and Contagion range
  • Wych units can take the same combat drugs
  • Master Archons are pretty scary with the Djinn blade
  • Actually being able to take a mix of units in the new Realspace Raid detachment
  • There's now a way (maybe more ways) of increasing Poison weapon's wounding

I'm no longer worried about how Dark Eldar will turn out, these chnages alone are fantastic

Trueborn and friends are back! Seems the Master versions of HQs will be very popular by granting these units on top of the direct benefits. I'll need to check the Realspace Raid detachment in more detail later, but I saw that the three Combat Patrol approach is improved with no Command Point penalty.

With the other bits like PfP etc things are shaping up rather nicely for DE it seems :) Looking forward to finding out more, though the final proof is in the associated point costs of course.

Well the main Loss/gain here is Inured to Suffering, Went from a 6+++FNP to a 6++ Invulnerable save that bumps to a 5++ T4.  This is good/bad.  Guess the army wide FNP was slowing down the game too much when that was the only save we had prior, those special units like Be'lakor and the Nightbringer shouldn't have to deal with lowly chaff like us.

Though Poisoned Tongue is definitely a juicy target, and with the reveal on them means we've got more ways to increase poisoned weapons chances to wound since it caps at a 2+ and base they're a 4+

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/03/16/we-raided-codex-drukhari-and-found-7-rules-youll-want-to-see/

More rules teased today, so many great rules in here. Some Highlights for me were:

• The Return of Trueborn and the Wych/Coven equivalents
  • Everything with PfP can advance and charge from turn 2, also gets an Invulv from turn 4. Going by other 9th books I imagine there will be some flexibility for increase the turn on this table like Doctrines and Contagion range
  • Wych units can take the same combat drugs
  • Master Archons are pretty scary with the Djinn blade
  • Actually being able to take a mix of units in the new Realspace Raid detachment
  • There's now a way (maybe more ways) of increasing Poison weapon's wounding

I'm no longer worried about how Dark Eldar will turn out, these chnages alone are fantastic

Actually everything with PfP gets a 6+ inv from turn 1 :)

I will be mighty tempted to roll on the combat drugs chart for the 2 upgrades on my Wyches et al. Colour me happy.

only negative things are that all units which usually had 5++ or even 6++ maybe get nothing for it. Mean If Talos loose their 5++ then they just have a 6++ in the first 3 rounds (which would be more important then later) or they stay on 5++ but then they loose their FnP.

It depends what this units will get instead of. But there is a huge potential

Overall it looks like a positive set of changes. Some of them like PFP look like side-grades rather than upgrades per-se but the new detachment rules mean army composition is a lot more flexible and Archons can finally buff all units in the army if you take a Real Space Raid detachment.

The only slight disappointment is that whichever way you cut it, you HAVE to take a matching HQ to field units. You can't simply bring a Coven unit without a Haemonculus. Granted this is no worse than 8th (and better in some ways thanks to the changes to Patrols) but it still seems odd. Other armies that feature sub-factions like Phobos Marines or Necron Destroyers don't require you take a specific HQ to unlock the sub-faction units.

Overall positive but not quite everything I had hoped for.

Overall this codex is strongly looking as a win-win for Drukhari.

The focus the sneak peek from warhammer community put on the kabal pf the poisoned tongue got me thinking, first on the bonuses other kabals will get (they'll be juicy for sure) and second on the chance Lady Malys gets a mini at last.