More Attacks... For Kabalites? (And other codex reveals)

ThePenitentOne

Waiting for a copy in hand.  Most reviewers breeze through the generic WLTs and Relics, and buzz the custom subfaction Obsessions.  I think there is some potential for the Blade Artisans triggering on 5s, but i can't remember which Obsessions are all consuming.  Sad to have lost some of the customs Obsessions from Blood of the Phoenix, as well.

I look forward to all the kooky combinations people are going to put together.

I wish I had the time to catch up on all the details, but I can rest easy knowing there are plenty of scheming minds in Commorragh ready to pick out and divulge the juiciest morsels and information :wink: I am eager to find out what everyone thinks and of course the overall review of the codex once some real space raids have been carried out.

Dare I say it this has given me some optimism for other armies that could do with somewhat of a rethink. I feel that while not perfect this has done something towards many of the problems DE had so I'm looking forward to hitting the table with them (eventually) :smile.:

I need to get painting- I've got 8 days to finish my Wych Cult vow. I'm going to want to start the Crusade as soon as the book hits my hands. What they've previewed so far has been pretty cool- the territory thing was a great reveal; on the one hand, I'm trying to manage expectations, but on the other, I'm wondering what other territories there may be, and whether there will be mercenary contracts, cloning and fleshcraft augmentation, etc.

It's going to be an expensive day- I'm planning on coming home with Piety and Pain, the dex and the BoR... possibly the Crusade book too.

Biggest winners are by far succubi, heat lances, trueborn, Incubi, Drazhar, and Hellions, honorable mention to reavers medusae, liquifiers, and dark lances.

Losers category consists of Scourges, and for the most part, coven, some wins here and some serious shenanigans you can do depending on coven, but unit wise even things that gained something lost out in a more important way.

Heat Lances strike me as a weapon without a purpose these days.  Anything that can take them is better off with Blasters to preserve movement options.  +2 damage is great.  But, at the cost of Reavers and Talos not being able to Advance?  Scourges getting the -1 to-hit from moving? 

I just bought two boxes of Scourges prior to this drop anticipating that they'd be able to weather the changes.  I guess i'd run them as more Blasters?  No great options.

The change to Wych Weapons is a giant middle finger, as far as i'm concerned.  It slows down the game and none of them are so potent that we're talking the difference between a Power Sword and Power Fist.  I also have squads modeled and painted to be in groups of 3 that i now need to either break up or repaint.  2 steps forward, one back.  Let's talk bloat, too.  In a squad of 10 you can legally use the following in the same turn:

Splinter Pistols

Plasma Grenade

Blast Pistol or PGL

Basic Hekatarii Blades

Hydra Gauntlets

Razorflails

Shardnet and Impaler

Power Sword or Agonizer

Yes but they die easily. Think a squad of scourges, except they have to be in close combat to use their weapons. And if their dedicated transport gets destroyed, they're basicially toast.