State of the Union (Heresy)

http://i.4pcdn.org/tg/1648661142587.png

The Blood Angels are getting their usual rule where they require one less than they normally need to wound in assault to a minimum of 2+.

It no longer activates when being charged, only when getting the charge, but disordered charges are included.

Also a bonus to ramming tanks for some reason I cannot fathom.

Well from "get +1 to-wound in melee PERIOD" in 7th Heresy

to 8th "get +1 to wound in first round of battle"

to 9th " get +1 to wound in first round of battle and +1 to advance and charge"

to 2nd 30k "+1 to wound on charge and +1 strengh on ram"

I think they mised a great opportnity to give +1 inch move to all blood angel aircrafts.

The other Blood angels rule I've read so far - great on the same level of nerfness.

I will choose Perdition blade user S ap2 mastercrafted for 20 points at any moment of 7th edition 30k instead of 5 point uprade to regular power weapons dealing 2 wounds.

Edited by Omega-soul

http://i.4pcdn.org/tg/1648661142587.png

The Blood Angels are getting their usual rule where they require one less than they normally need to wound in assault to a minimum of 2+.

It no longer activates when being charged, only when getting the charge, but disordered charges are included.

Also a bonus to ramming tanks for some reason I cannot fathom.

That’s not how the current BA rule works. We get +1 to wound always, not based on whether we’re getting charged at or not. So this is a pretty big nerf for us.

http://i.4pcdn.org/tg/1648661340712.png

Okay the /hhg/ leak on /tg/ has dried out thanks to typical 4chan stupidity, but some more Phase 3 Blood Angels rules managed to make it before the convo was overtaken by a deluge of salt and insults.

Here be Warlord Traits. It has a Traitor one, which surprises me. Though, just like the Ultramarine one, it's fluffed out as not necessarily being on team Horus.

I do not know what they say however, the quality is very low on this one.

So going by the leaks we have reverse-alignment Warlord Traits for:

-Iron Hands

-Ultramarines

-Salamanders

-Blood Angels

The Second Wave Leaks also have them for:

-Emperor's Children

Its interesting that the IF dont have the option seemingly and I'd be shocked if the WB did. Maybe those are just the two 'loyalty-locked' legions? The latter makes sense fluff wise but its odd for the former (save for being mostly on Terra) and depending on bonuses it seems oddly limiting.

First one is fear against traitors. It also increases by 1 every time the warlord is in a winning combat vs traitors. +1 reaction in the assault phase.

Second one is cut off.

Third one is traitor aligned. It forces charges if you're within 12", but gives you a bonus attack on the charge for the warlord and it's unit. +1 reaction in the movement phase.

Blood angels definitely got nerfed between the legion rule and blades of perdition. But, they were pretty much playing with one less unit and one less rite of war before, so the rules could be a bit stronger. Theoretically. Not sure why theyd make BA conditional to charging when they gave night lords more ways to proc theirs and activate on shooting.

Guess we'll wait to see the reaction and units.

-Iron Hands

-Ultramarines

-Salamanders

-Blood Angels

-Emperor's Children

Its interesting that the IF dont have the option seemingly and I'd be shocked if the WB did. Maybe those are just the two 'loyalty-locked' legions? The latter makes sense fluff wise but its odd for the former (save for being mostly on Terra) and depending on bonuses it seems oddly limiting.

I heard somewhere that Huron Blackheart brags about having legionnaires from 8 out of the 9 loyalist legions in his Red Corsairs. I figured it couldn't be the Blood Angels because there is no way to endure the Black Rage under chaos, meaning there had to be a filthy traitor Fist somewhere.

But I guess they are going with "Imperial Fists are the most loyal legion after all". Valrak is gonna cream his pants when he finds out.

-Iron Hands

-Ultramarines

-Salamanders

-Blood Angels

-Emperor's Children

I heard somewhere that Huron Blackheart brags about having legionnaires from 8 out of the 9 loyalist legions in his Red Corsairs. I figured it couldn't be the Blood Angels because there is no way to endure the Black Rage under chaos, meaning there had to be a filthy traitor Fist somewhere.

But I guess they are going with "Imperial Fists are the most loyal legion after all". Valrak is gonna cream his pants when he finds out.

While there might not be Traitor Imperial Fists, there have definitely been Traitor Imperial Fists successors.

First one is fear against traitors. It also increases by 1 every time the warlord is in a winning combat vs traitors. +1 reaction in the assault phase.

Second one is cut off.

Third one is traitor aligned. It forces charges if you're within 12", but gives you a bonus attack on the charge for the warlord and it's unit. +1 reaction in the movement phase.

Blood angels definitely got nerfed between the legion rule and blades of perdition. But, they were pretty much playing with one less unit and one less rite of war before, so the rules could be a bit stronger. Theoretically. Not sure why theyd make BA conditional to charging when they gave night lords more ways to proc theirs and activate on shooting.

Guess we'll wait to see the reaction and units.

One thing that could prevent the BA Legion Ability from being largely nerfed is granting units Hit and Run in the BA RoW. Otherwise, Angel's Wrath and Drop Assault Vanguard will become more appealing RoW options if they still keep Hit and Run as part of the rules.

Have there been traitor Blood Angel successors? I know of some that thether quite close to chaos, like the Blood Drinkers.

They were hit harder by the Black Rage than most Blood Angels successors chapter, but were saved after a battle-brother by the name of Holos was instructed in a dream to climb to the top of a mountain where he supposedly met an angel who promised to teach him a blood-drinking ritual that would stabilize the Black Rage.

For this ritual, the Blood Drinkers must be offered blood willingly by their serfs, and must also sacrifice an unwilling human on the altar before mixing the two bloods in a bowl and gorging it up.

Unknown to the rest of the Chapter, this "angel" was actually Kairos Fateweaver, and the ritual predictably came with quite a few strings attached.

Because of this, Blood Drinkers who fall to the curse have about a 1% chance to relive Captain Holos climb to the mountain instead of their Primarch's final battle aboard the Vengeful Spirit.

At the end of the climb they meet the demon, it gives the instructions on how to do the blood feast ritual stuff mentioned above... but then he "tempts" the Black Raging Marine with a choice: Accept Tzeentch's blessings and damn the Blood Drinkers for eternity, or just fall to the Black Rage and rot away in the Death Company forever as the rest of the chapter continues with their heretical rituals.

None have accepted his offer yet (because the Blood Angels are the most loyal legion, fight me), but Tzeentch isn't in a hurry. The chapter's entire Reclusiam knows about the heresy, which is why their Chaplains are always egging them on to bloodier and bloodier battles; perhaps trying to destroy their own Chapter in this way before some Marine is too weak-spirited and damns them all.

The bit on the BA successor literally has nothing to do with blood angels deciding to side with Horus or fall to the red thirst and go renegade during the heresy.

And there we go slips, first sign of forced challenges. Though, day of revelation previously did that, so we'll see what it's downside is.

Edited by SkimaskMohawk

I find that if they sided with Horus, it could be from being corrupted by the flaws of their geneseed, or that they completely gave up on all restraint of it to be fairly compelling and in line, I like how that's set up.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

-Iron Hands

-Ultramarines

-Salamanders

-Blood Angels

-Emperor's Children

While there might not be Traitor Imperial Fists, there have definitely been Traitor Imperial Fists successors.

It's not necessarily just a matter of being solely traitors/loyalists, it could just be that there aren't any distinctive differences between their traitor and loyalist counterparts. For instance, the Iron Warriors leaked rules don't have any loyalist/traitor only warlord traits, but that's because they have three distinct traits that could be equally applicable to whether they're loyalists or traitors.

-Iron Hands

-Ultramarines

-Salamanders

-Blood Angels

-Emperor's Children

It's not necessarily just a matter of being solely traitors/loyalists, it could just be that there aren't any distinctive differences between their traitor and loyalist counterparts. For instance, the Iron Warriors leaked rules don't have any loyalist/traitor only warlord traits, but that's because they have three distinct traits that could be equally applicable to whether they're loyalists or traitors.

This is a great point! Some of these traits could be generically evil or generically good.

I never like getting too deep into leaks, but would PHASE 3 PLAYTEST really be written on the finished artwork style pages?

(I'm sure I could word that better)

Point is, why is it still playtest if it has the fluff corridors down the sides and beneath the titles of the wargear and so on. Would they not playtest just on A4 word docs?

Never been involved in play testing (obviously) but I've worked in publishing and for high quality brochures & catalogues, it would be fairly common for your final drafts to be presented in situ, in a nearly complete version of the design, so final changes and proofing can be carried out. 

http://i.4pcdn.org/tg/1648661760969.png

Okay, here's Day of Sorrows. It seems to have been buffed, less focus on resilience, all-out on aggression. It also enables to have Crimson Paladins as troops. Will these finally work in the new edition?

This is interesting since Crimson Paladins have the Deep Strike rule but I can see this rule pushing more vehicle-based lists and changing up the BA lists we see, so I'm happy with this

Edited by Cris R

http://i.4pcdn.org/tg/1648661494568.png

Here is Day of Revelation, I might be wrong on this, but the complex wording for the bonuses make me think it has been nerfed hard. Though given how every single Blood Angel list was DoR, the rite being less of an autotake might bring some variety to the builds. Perhaps it is for the best?

I dunno. Angelbros, what do you think?

I think any possibility of me revisiting HH has been dashed as blood angels seem worse and I bet sanguinius remains pretty poor too

The leaks are an indication, not a certainty. Things can change, testers won't see the final changes if GW makes them then sends it off to the printers. Just like with 40k playtesters. 

http://i.4pcdn.org/tg/1648661494568.png

Here is Day of Revelation, I might be wrong on this, but the complex wording for the bonuses make me think it has been nerfed hard. Though given how every single Blood Angel list was DoR, the rite being less of an autotake might bring some variety to the builds. Perhaps it is for the best?

I dunno. Angelbros, what do you think?

So I think it's actually an interesting reworking of the RoW. I just played a few games at Adepticon, including one where my DoR scatter rolls were really poor that made it hard for us to pull out the strategy we concocted for that game. This version of DoR clearly is looking at this kind of situation and aims to mitigate it with the first set of rules, so it's welcome. I also think that the new version of the rule is definitely making it more viable to make DoR push more balanced lists where non-deep strike units gain some benefits for the first round. I would have liked something longer lasting but it's an interesting push to change up the meta among BA players. I'm already thinking through how I would play with this RoW and actually feel excited, so that's good.

So on balance, it's not absolute trash and can help make for interesting games with this RoW. But I wonder whether Vanguard Assault Drop or Angel's Wrath will be more appealing for deep striking BA lists if they stay the same.

I think any possibility of me revisiting HH has been dashed as blood angels seem worse and I bet sanguinius remains pretty poor too

The leaks are an indication, not a certainty. Things can change, testers won't see the final changes if GW makes them then sends it off to the printers. Just like with 40k playtesters. 

Without wanting to kid myself with wishful thinking, this is really important.

At the moment we have salty rumours, more reliable rumours, some possible early play testing documents, some possible late play testing documents and a general comparison with the 'current' Age of Darkness rules that we're all comparing and trying to make educated guesses about.

Now, this is fun and passes the time, but it isn't the full picture.

Remains poor...?

Sanguinius was an excellent primarch. He added synergy to jump units, unlocked FOC stuff and was able to fight an enormous amount of stuff. Mathematically he would break and sweep any marine unit he charged (that obviously doesn't have fearless or stubborn). I think he could clear out a 10 man brick of cataphractii for 2 wounds total? That's on top of him instant deathing every daemon, custodes, and mechanicum unit that tried to tarpit him with wounds.

As I said, excellent.

I do think the new day of revelation is terrible. The text is blurry, but it seems like your reserves come in starting on turn 2, compared to the previous 1. The deepstrike marker is cute, but really, a Damocles basically recreates both parts of the new benefit. Oh and no more bonus initiative on the charge, or cover on the deepstrike?

Edited by SkimaskMohawk