State of the Union (Heresy)

http://i.4pcdn.org/tg/1648839388007.png

R.I.P Heresy Boxnought. You weren't relic-tech enough for this cruel Age of Darkness.

On the other hand, this all but confirms a Corswain model... or means that the RG & SL characters aren't getting axed after all.

Source Link please?

http://i.4pcdn.org/tg/1648839388007.png

R.I.P Heresy Boxnought. You weren't relic-tech enough for this cruel Age of Darkness.

On the other hand, this all but confirms a Corswain model... or means that the RG & SL characters aren't getting axed after all.

Marduk Sedras also there for DA so I'm guessing that there will still be some characters without models included...

Non Proteus Land raiders going is...a real pain. Seeing as I have one sat just ready for painting. Lol

Edit - Eight pages of Rites of War and twelve pages of Consuls in the Appendix section though.

Edited by Astartes Consul

Ah yes, I fondly remember purchasing and building the Forgeworld Legion Scout Squad unit. Glad to see it survive the transition.

But in all seriousness. The artillery tanks get cut despite having dedicated models; the normal dreads get cut despite having 40k models, but scouts get a new unit while also having no dedicated models? And that's on top of tossing the hussars and jetbike troop unit into the garbage from Crusade.

Also getting the 40k styled "half the foc entries are variants of the same unit". They could have easily had one statline for cataphractii and one statline for tartaros in the same datasheet, like how they currently have the landraiders? Same thing with all the sicaran variants.

Edited by SkimaskMohawk

Ah yes, I fondly remember purchasing and building the Forgeworld Legion Scout Squad unit. Glad to see it survive the transition.

But in all seriousness. The artillery tanks get cut despite having dedicated models; the normal dreads get cut despite having 40k models, but scouts get a new unit while also having no dedicated models? And that's on top of tossing the hussars and jetbike troop unit into the garbage from Crusade.

Sort of assuming they'll get models in some form, which is odd. Unless they are just essentially Shotgun equipped Recon Squads, with the 'Recon Squad' entry being the snipers?

My FW/40K cross-over knowledge is dire since 9th Ed. Can you take the Legion Basalisk & Medusa options in 40k these days? If not then I guess they will go LCTB soon.

Also getting the 40k styled "half the foc entries are variants of the same unit". They could have easily had one statline for cataphractii and one statline for tartaros in the same datasheet, like how they currently have the landraiders? Same thing with all the sicaran variants.

I agree, it's dumb beyond belief. The only thing I can think of is that they'll get 'added in' with some books later on, but it's still not really good enough to remove options previously given especially when some of those are still in production!

From a quick read through, the supposed pages I've seen show...

Recon Company, Angel's Wrath, Sky Hunter Phallanx, Drop Pod Assault, Underworld Assault (NEW), Armoured Spearhead, Brethren of Iron, Fury of the Ancients. 

Only new consul type I can see is Legion Pathfinder - essential a Consul in Scout Armour etc.

unknown.png

Apparently I was wrong? Proteus' are just straight assault vehicles now instead of having a ramp upgrade? Maybe thats changed since P3.

Edited by Slips

That’s amazing! Wow, some great info there, happy with what I’m seeing so far :) be nice to know the White Scars Legion rules, mainly as I’m building up a Terran based terminator/tank force and always found the Fast Attack tax a little irksome.