State of the Union (Heresy)

Remember guys, we have Legion Specific Tactica threads in the AoD so feel free to take relevant images for your legions and discuss them in detail there so that you can hopefully have an easier time coming to grips with what will be possible to achieve in the new edition.

Edited by Slips

Truly doing the lord's work sharing these, Slips. 

So Boxnaughts really are just gone like that, huh? I wonder what the olympia level mental gymnastics behind that move are.

Edit: thanks Slips for reposting the stuff here!

They don't want to make a new kit / rebox the 40k kits with Boxnaught parts? 

I think it has to do with how theyre restructuring how money from sales will be distributed; wish I could go more into it but it would probably get people in trouble.

Thank you for the insight, Slips. If this is genuinely the reason, then it is very disheartening. I hope that GW will reconsider, otherwise I hope that they have suggestions on what to do with the legion boxnaughts that people own (Hell, I have 5 myself).

So Boxnaughts really are just gone like that, huh? I wonder what the olympia level mental gymnastics behind that move are.

I think it has to do with how theyre restructuring how money from sales will be distributed; wish I could go more into it but it would probably get people in trouble.

Thank you for the insight, Slips. If this is genuinely the reason, then it is very disheartening. I hope that GW will reconsider, otherwise I hope that they have suggestions on what to do with the legion boxnaughts that people own (Hell, I have 5 myself).

Id view it more as: if we, the customers, buy more HH-specific stuff, then the SG team will have more capital available to them to reinvest and produce stuff for us instead of being beholden to GW allocating them money and resources.

Remember guys, we have Legion Specific Tactica threads in the AoD so feel free to take relevant images for your legions and discuss them in detail there so that you can hopefully have an easier time coming to grips with what will be possible to achieve in the new edition.

Slips, one quick question after seeing the new Destroyer rules: what do we know about the Angel's Tears now that Destroyers can take Volkite Serpentas? Is that the Tears continue to get these by default and keep the same rules and access to Warner as the main benefit over their generic counterparts?

Slips, one quick question after seeing the new Destroyer rules: what do we know about the Angel's Tears now that Destroyers can take Volkite Serpentas? Is that the Tears continue to get these by default and keep the same rules and access to Warner as the main benefit over their generic counterparts?

I personally dont know, havent seen Angels Tears in detail myself.

True dat, sorting everything trough this page will be a mess.

The level of :censored: of those who wrote rules for Sanguinius is just astounding.

First being statline with 6 strengh, 6 initiative 6 attacks - as oppose to Lion and Russ having 7-7-7

Second special rules - it takes a special kind of :censored: to not give Sanguinius :censored: DEEP STRIKE RULE

I will not be bothered to compare his special rules to Lion and Russ - because his special rules suck big time hard.

I will not be bothered to mention his lost special rules and opportunities to fix stupid ones (one shot pistol AGAIN?)

So now essentially - he is not even remotely the killiest one, and secondly - gives even less bonuses to his army.

And now - when you can't have hit&run via RoW - all those "on charge" bonuses becomes a bandaid made of grass.

One may say "But hey he is still ok at killing random stuff" - but the point is - it's Sanguinius, he can't be mediocre dude - even :cuss Corax dish can dish out 12 attacks with s6 ap2 shred! 

I am sorry for this nerd rage - but it's unbearable - especially how much controversy his profile caused in the first edition.

unknown.png

Sanguinius gear and rules

Edited by Slips
dont dodge the swear filter, use the cuss emote

The level of :censored: of those who wrote rules for Sanguinius is just astounding.

First being statline with 6 strengh, 6 initiative 6 attacks - as oppose to Lion and Russ having 7-7-7

Second special rules - it takes a special kind of :censored: to not give Sanguinius :censored: DEEP STRIKE RULE

I will not be bothered to compare his special rules to Lion and Russ - because his special rules suck big time hard.

I will not be bothered to mention his lost special rules and opportunities to fix stupid ones (one shot pistol AGAIN?)

So now essentially - he is not even remotely the killiest one, and secondly - gives even less bonuses to his army.

And now - when you can't have hit&run via RoW - all those "on charge" bonuses becomes a bandaid made of grass.

One may say "But hey he is still ok at killing random stuff" - but the point is - it's Sanguinius, he can't be mediocre dude - even :censored: Corax dish can dish out 12 attacks with s6 ap2 shred! 

I am sorry for this nerd rage - but it's unbearable - especially how much controversy his profile caused in the first edition.

Good thing this is still clearly playtest and not the final product then.

Weirdly, I think I’m less disheartened knowing it might be due to a ‘business end’ decision as opposed to the team behind the game just randomly picking units they don’t like to scrap. And as Slips says, there is even an outside chance that in the long run it gives the SG team more leeway to do stuff!

Though I would probably be less pragmatic about it if I had a Basilisk/Medusa heavy IW list or more than a couple of Boxnaughts etc etc.

One may say "But hey he is still ok at killing random stuff" - but the point is - it's Sanguinius, he can't be mediocre dude - even :censored: Corax dish can dish out 12 attacks with s6 ap2 shred! 

Good thing this is still clearly playtest and not the final product then.

With GW - I am most certain that this is what we get in print version.

The best hope is to get first day Errata - but it's too much to ask in this circumstances.

unknown.png

Your not the only one brother, losing my mind trying to make sense of how someone could make Sanguinius so bad that even DORN can mop the floor with him. He was Lore accurately supposed to be like top 3 in primarch vs primarch duels. Like Slips said though, we still have time for them to rework him before release, just amazing he has made to Phase 3 while remaining this terrible and without deepstrike.

The only thing that makes me squint at the Legion Basilisk and Medusa not being in and possibly being in a pdf at launch or something is this:

unknown.png

Corax is and always has been better than poor oul Sanguinius :teehee: . Pleased with what I see from the RG rules and units so far, Corax and Dark Furies will be very good. Hopefully our special characters are still around.

Looking at the unit list it's quite apparent that everything will be labelled as HH only from a sales point of view. There's nothing that has a 40k kit as far as I can see.

Frustrating that the artillery is gone. It's arbitrary and actually on sale.

Based on Slip's theory it's not arbitrary if the company wants to keep HH as it's own product line so they can better track sales to the product directly instead of guessing what people want to use models for and divy up sales that way.

The only thing that makes me squint at the Legion Basilisk and Medusa not being in and possibly being in a pdf at launch or something is this:

unknown.png

These leaks were advertised as earlier in the testing, right?

Yes this is from the Phase 1 document that leaked.

Problem is the Legion Medusa and Basilisk have their own expensive models from Forgeworld...

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Legion-Medusa

I think the Ironfire RoW being phase 1 but the units being missing from the phase 3 documents explains it easily enough, they decided to drop them between versions.

I have previously heard (from someone in GW) that FW deliberately avoids using plastic kits wherever possible since a few years ago out of essentially spite, silly inter branch rivalry stuff rather than specific targets and the like as i heard it, though this predates the news of this version of the game which has obviously involved rebranding and the like and probably more competitive targeting.

Not sure how effective it will be though, annoy people enough by crap like this and the drop in big box sales would soon exceed potential future heresy boxnought sales. You would hope the shiny new Contemptor might stand on its own merits?